Bad
Good

This is a wonderful neighborhood school. The LISA program is a felt throughout the curriculum, bringing a refreshing feel to the school. The teachers and staff truly like what they do, and work to make sure all students feel welcome everyday!

This is a wonderful, small neighborhood arts school in downtown Loveland that integrates the arts into all subject areas. My students have had teachers who have challenged them and opened many new horizons. We have a fantastic principal and integrated arts coordinator who accept nothing but the best, and who are always open to new ideas. The extracurricular offerings are varied - drama club, mural club, choir, Destination Imagination, Spelling Club, Chess Club...truly something for everyone. Garfield values high standards, helping boost both high and low students, and the staff is wonderful.

Small school and caring teachers. The GT program challenges advanced learners and the interventions are many to help those who struggle. Art, music, and movement are integrated into every subject area. I will miss it when my 3rd child moves on to middle school!

HORRIBLE!!! My child had an IEP and they did nothing, did not help one bit. They tore my child's confidence down, so bad that the teachers now believe it could take a year or 2 to get back on track! My child was bullied and nothing was done!

Amazing Staff! I school of choice my child and have never regretted it! He is constantly challenged and enjoys it!

I have one son who attended Garfield for six years and another son who is about to finish his sixth year. We have found it to be a wonderful neighborhood school with a special emphasis on the arts. The school provided extra supports to my children whether they needed speech therapy of advanced coursework. In addition there have been numerous before and after school activities that kept my children motivated and engaged with their peers. I hope the teachers keep up the good work!

We were very disappointed with Garfield. We had heard great things from other parents before our son attended, but we had a completely different experience. Our son was in a kindergarten class of 30 with only one full time teacher and no aid until the second semester. Our son was on an IEP yet his needs were not met no matter how many times we expressed our concerns. We felt that the kids were just managed in a class of 30 instead of actually taught a quality education and that the staff/teachers were too busy putting out fires to listen to the concerns of parents. Overall, we were very disappointed with our son's kindergarten year at Garfield and switched schools for 1st grade. There is no reason why a kinder should cry every morning before school.

We are very happy with the school so far - our child is in a full day kindergarten and Mrs. Scanlan is an amazing teacher.

We were very disappointed in the education our daughter was receiving at Garfield. There is a major focus on arts and music, almost to the point it is more important then reading and writing!

Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.