Bad
Good

Namaqua is a wonderful neighborhood school built by a fabulous staff, all dedicated to the success of all students. When walking in the front door, it feels like 'home'. From the front desk clerk to the aids, classroom teachers,specials teachers and the principal, this school is just wonderful! My daughter feels safe, loved and is learning so much! I appreciate the work that goes into her education and well being each and every day. Parents are encouraged to be involved and the school has many family events though the year. Students are kind and respectful, which I believe is a testament to the work that teachers are doing in the classrooms.

This is our 3rd year at Namaqua and we have been so happy there. The teachers and staff have been nothing short of amazing! I also love the community feel of the school, we have met so many great people there.

We love this school. I have a 4th grader and a kindergartner. All of my childrens teachers go above and beyond what I feel is expected of them. Mrs. Wright and Mrs. Stoddard are amazing. They have helped my child to excel academically and socially. Mrs. Anderson is a true gift. The office staff is friendly and very involved. We have had to move several times for work. This our 3rd school and it is by far the best.

Namaqua Elementary School has been a great fit for our family. Between my children, we've had 7 different primary teachers and all of them have been amazing. From classroom teachers, to classified staff, up to building administration, they put the needs of kids first. For example, my first grader and a few of his classmates needed a little bit more of a challenge in math. Without any kind of prompting, his teacher worked with one of the aides to get them the extra small group instruction they needed. I've seen examples of that throughout the school, both with my kids and others. Teachers meet students wherever they are and help them to grow from there. In addition to great staff, Namaqua has a very involved parent base that helps create a sense of community within the school. Every year, kids look forward to community events like Fall Supper, Movie Nights, Ice Cream Social/Art Show, and Spring Carnival. All of these events and several more are put on by parent volunteers who go above and beyond. Namaqua isn't perfect, no school is. But, it is filled with people who truly care about kids and do everything they can to help them succeed.

I agree with another post on here, high ability learners can become bored at this school. Several teachers seriously lack enthusiasm. The principal seems receptive to parents ideas and the kids love him and are comfortable talking to him if they have a problem. They've put a huge effort in their anti-bullying campaign which is really nice to see.

The school needs more academic challenge in some classrooms and differentiated instruction. High ability learners don't always get their needs meet

We have a new principal this year, who rose out of the ranks of teachers. She's doing a fantastic job--is very supportive of students, teachers and parents. We've been able to look at school trends and address how we can improve achievement. I see great things coming in the years ahead.

My grandgirl has Prader-Willi Syndrome and came to Namaqua 2 mos. ago. Before that she was in schools who didn't do anything for her and she was ridiculed and teased by her classmates because she couldn't do the things that normal kids her age could, mentally or physically. She no longer cries about going to school and she is improving greatly in every aspect of schooling in that short of a time! I am totally happy about her progress. She is 6 years old, but acts like about 4 1/2. The teachers are terrific, and, in my opinion, totally underpaid. Her whole school year of Kindergarten was a nightmare to her because of the ridicule, as was her 3 months of 1st grade, as she was in a class of normal kids her age and she couldn't do what they could do and so she got teased a lot. Thank-You!

Last modified Namaqua Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.