Bad
Good

I had 3 children graduate from this high school. They all have looked back at their Thompson Valley High School experience and reflect how what they learned at this school greatly helped them prepare for college and starting their own businesses and careers. I highly recommend this school.

I like this school because the majority of the teachers are striving to help kids reach their potential. My kids have to work hard and know the material to get good grades. The Advanced Placement courses are challenging and fun courses that my kids have gained from. A fantastic school to prepare students for college.

I rated the school "above average" because my two kids have excellent counselors, and their involvement with the music, art, drama and JROTC programs have enriched their experience a lot. There are some average teachers, but some inspirational ones, too. My kids are having to work hard for their grades. I'm not really a great fan of kids taking massive numbers of AP classes, or the increased graduation requirements for math, science and english (too "one size fits all" for me), but my kids are learning more than I ever did. They are also taking advantage of some online learning opportunities for classes not offered at the school. I wish the district had a lot of summer school classes, but usually they only offer remedial courses.

Have had very unsatisfactory experience with councelor and one administrator. Had requested a response to a problem with a schedule conflict August 2011 am still waiting for a reply. Councelor says she knows all children she over sees, then turned around and asked my then sophmore if he was excited to be coming to the schools a freshman. Have math teacher on tape telling kids its not his responsibility to teach them they are supposed to use "their resources" By far worst high school i have had to deal with.

My child had a horrible elementary school, an even worse middle school, and I had no hope for this high school...However, this is the first place where the teachers held my child accountable and actually pushed for the grade. I am happy that my child finally has an idea of what it takes to pass a class. I think there are some poor teachers here, but you are going to find that anywhere. For the most part, the teachers here are passionate about their subjects, and are able to inspire the kids.

this school is very unfair. only children that are in a.p. classes or come from weathly bachgrouds get treated fairly. i'm not just this out of spite. i'm saying from first hand expirence.

I really think this school is the best in Loveland. The kids are getting a great education and are really prepared for College. The CSAP scores do not reflect the ability of these students. I do believe that some of these scores are a reflection of the high amount of special needs kids they have. The programs for these kids are great. I highly recommend this school

Tvhs is one of the best schools in the loveland district they strive to help all of their students, and want everyone of them to graduate. I think this school is diverse, and excepts everyone for who they are. I believe that the leadership within the teachers, principal, and older students...is amazing..they look to help everyone...no matter what

Last modified Thompson Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.