Posted August 07, 2013
I like this school because the majority of the teachers are striving to help kids reach their potential. My kids have to work hard and know the material to get good grades. The Advanced Placement courses are challenging and fun courses that my kids have gained from. A fantastic school to prepare students for college.

Posted June 25, 2013
I rated the school "above average" because my two kids have excellent counselors, and their involvement with the music, art, drama and JROTC programs have enriched their experience a lot. There are some average teachers, but some inspirational ones, too. My kids are having to work hard for their grades. I'm not really a great fan of kids taking massive numbers of AP classes, or the increased graduation requirements for math, science and english (too "one size fits all" for me), but my kids are learning more than I ever did. They are also taking advantage of some online learning opportunities for classes not offered at the school. I wish the district had a lot of summer school classes, but usually they only offer remedial courses.

Thompson Valley High School 1

Posted December 11, 2012
Have had very unsatisfactory experience with councelor and one administrator. Had requested a response to a problem with a schedule conflict August 2011 am still waiting for a reply. Councelor says she knows all children she over sees, then turned around and asked my then sophmore if he was excited to be coming to the schools a freshman. Have math teacher on tape telling kids its not his responsibility to teach them they are supposed to use "their resources" By far worst high school i have had to deal with.

Posted April 06, 2011
My child had a horrible elementary school, an even worse middle school, and I had no hope for this high school...However, this is the first place where the teachers held my child accountable and actually pushed for the grade. I am happy that my child finally has an idea of what it takes to pass a class. I think there are some poor teachers here, but you are going to find that anywhere. For the most part, the teachers here are passionate about their subjects, and are able to inspire the kids.

Thompson Valley High School 3

Posted December 14, 2009

Posted March 31, 2009

Thompson Valley High School 5

Posted July 14, 2008

Thompson Valley High School 1

Posted May 01, 2008
this school is very unfair. only children that are in a.p. classes or come from weathly bachgrouds get treated fairly. i'm not just this out of spite. i'm saying from first hand expirence.

Thompson Valley High School 2

Posted April 07, 2008

Thompson Valley High School 0

Posted February 18, 2008
I really think this school is the best in Loveland. The kids are getting a great education and are really prepared for College. The CSAP scores do not reflect the ability of these students. I do believe that some of these scores are a reflection of the high amount of special needs kids they have. The programs for these kids are great. I highly recommend this school

Thompson Valley High School
1669 Eagle Dr, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Thompson Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompson Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top