Posted May 15, 2014
I was nervous about having my child attend this school, because of the state scores and terrible GS score. She has Autism and I've worked as a parent mentor and disability rights advocate for years; typically, not getting along with school officials. I'm a behavior analyst too. However, the previous school my child attended (same District in affluent area) refused to work with me. When asked to describe the school, my child said it "was like being a caged animal". Truscott from the beginning has worked with me extensively and my child now enjoys school again. They communicate with me daily, respond immediately to issues or concerns, and even work to help implement a behavioral program between school and home for better results. The new principal, Hanford, is amazing and goes above and beyond. The SLP actually worked her day off just to help manage my child's anxiety on a field trip! Both teachers have been very patient and involved. The school psychologist works hard to help increase social skills. Really, I haven't met one staff at this school that hasn't put an extensive amount of care into the students! It has made me realize that state scores do not define a school, AT ALL!

Posted August 07, 2013
My children started attending Truscott last year and I have to say t we love it! The staff and teachers are encouraging and helpful. Mr. Bessey has helped my son so much and Mrs. Atwood was a saint with social butterfly daughter. My son has ADHD and we are trying to handle it with little or no amphetimines and the school has supported and helped my din have a great year!

Posted May 03, 2010
I am a grandma and our kids went to Truscott. They liked their school and that helped them continue to like school in the upper grades. These are the formation years and Truscott did a good job.

Posted April 22, 2010
Shellie Olsen Truscott is a great school, the staff is awesome, my oldest child loves school, thanks to Mrs.Pond last year, and Mr. bessey this year. Great teachers!! My youngest is ready for Mrs.Pond to teach him to read, next year. Mrs.Fothergill, great!! Mrs.Noland, great !! Mrs.Morse, great ... The school, also has very good security. Side doors locked, staff outside after school to ensure safety! PTO great!!! It's just a great school, our family is very happy to belong to it.. Thank you!! Truscott staff

Posted April 22, 2010
Truscott is Loveland. Colorado's primary downtown school. The school just celebrated it 50th anniversary and it has come a long way over the years. We are now a Core Knowledge school offering a wonderful added curriculum for the students. The staff is highly dedicated to the growth of it's students, in every aspect of learning. Truscott has a great community in and outside of the school, with parents and local businesses doing everything they can to support this great school. Truscott works tirelessly to provide every possible opportunity to it's students and staff and would greatly benefit from $20,000.00 dollars. I wouldn't put my children in any other school!!

Posted April 21, 2010
Truscott is home to a diverse group of students and families. We try to make it a place where everyone is welcomed and accepted for who they are.

Posted April 20, 2010
Our school has the best staff members of any school that I have ever been to as a parent or a student. Our Principle is the best, she knows each and every student by thier full name, and some of those names are very hard to pronounce. Everyone in our school from the custodians to the librarian are the friendliest and nicest people around. I love Truscott and the people who work there.

Posted April 20, 2010
because of the kids. they may be financially disadvantaged but they are the most loving caring kids in the world

Posted April 20, 2010
Truscott is a core knowlege school, and my daughter has learned more about life, music, history and science in kindergarten than we ever imagined. Her teachers genuinely care and check in with us all the time on our daughters progress. It's a fantastic school.

Posted April 20, 2010
I love Truscott Elementary because we have students and staff who show Respect for each other. We have students and staff that are successful in all that they do. We have students and staff that are safe at home and at school.

Truscott Elementary School
211 West 6th St, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Truscott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Truscott Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.