Posted January 27, 2014
I know there are some horrible reviews on this site about winona elementary but there is lot of hearsay. we have kids going through winona today, we do spend time with them at home and also we volunteer a lot at school, we have never found any finger pointing among teachers, no teacher or principal has verbally abused any kids while we were in school. All our kids have excelled in their grades. Agreed the population at winona is not the best mix, there are many kids who are english second language and many kids are on free lunch program but that does not make them any less entitled to the public education. there may be some parents who had bad experience but best way to resolve such things is by being at school and involving your self in the kids education. I hope people do not use one experience and "I heard" comments to go away from making your neighborhood school better instead of leaving it. Please also share your good experiences and not only bad.

Posted December 20, 2013
Horrible place. I have heard stories of teachers/principal verbally abusing students, as well as an environment of gossip and slander among teachers against other teachers. This is the sort of behavior I'd expect from politicians or Harry Potter villains, not educators of young children. Do your children a favor and keep them away from this horrific school.

Posted November 21, 2013
My daughter was reading at a fourth grade level when she entered this school in 2nd grade. When we took her out after 4th grade she was reading at a 4th grade level. My son went there for two years. The teachers ignored my concerns about his struggles and I was told he wasn't able to keep up with the other kids. We moved both kids to a better school and they are both now thriving and above grade level. Winona was a horrible school for both of my children. If it is your neighborhood school take the waiver they give you because they are not meeting state standards. Run as fast and as far away as you can.

Winona Elementary School 5

Posted March 17, 2013
This school has excellent teachers and an excellent principal. They have programs to help gifted children as well as struggling, average and special education. GREAT school!!!

Posted January 05, 2012
This school started out alright, but quickly went downhill. They cut out all social studies and science because the CSAP grades were low in the 2nd and 3rd grades, and my son's self esteem in his school work completely dropped. He would tell me constantly how he just was "bad at reading and writing". It was painful to watch in my son. We moved him to a new school this year, and he is excelling beyond anything I ever dreamed possible, and clearly was not achievable at Winona. While some teachers individually were clearly devoted to the students, it clearly wasn't enough, as kids were simply being left behind. Do everything possible to not send your child there.

Posted January 14, 2011
Oh, and did I mention that they have had 3 principals in under 5 years. Not a good sign.

Posted July 29, 2009
My son has been this school for 4years.Teachers are Great-!!!We love it.

Posted September 10, 2008
My son has attended this school for 2 years now, and we love it. He loves it and never wants to leave. He is advanced for his grade level, and the teachers have done a great job of keeping him interested and challenged, and they view teaching our children as a privilege. My son has also become very confident and independent. I have another child entering K this year, and am looking forward to his progress. The shortcoming of this school is the lack of parental involvement. If more parents volunteered in the classroom, I know this school would reach its full potential.

Posted July 26, 2008
This will be my son's 3rd year at Winona and every year I like it more. The principal, is the best by far. The school has a wonderful staff, friendly and helpful. My son feels safe there. And the teachers are great. They have a new playground, my son loves it. I love that they are very structured and organized there. And you can see that in the students, their good kids. I wish the school went up to 6th grade, I like it that much.

Posted May 12, 2008
HORRIBLE!!! NEVER EVER WANT TO GO BACK!! STULDHOME: MEAN SUCKS TEACHERS: SOME NICE

Winona Elementary School
201 South Boise Ave, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Winona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winona Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.