Walt Clark Middle School 2

Posted July 28, 2014
I'm a Mother who's son is ready to leave Immanuel Lutheran School and switch to public middle school. We are looking at Irwin vs Walt Clark. Any thoughts?

Posted February 04, 2014
Terrible. I've had 3 students in this school over the past 4 years. Teachers are overwhelmed and teach primarily by handout, grades are frequently entered incorrectly, or not at all (leading to confusion about missing/ungraded work), and morale is awful. Additionally there is a general culture of intimidation, including frequent police presence, and threats to search students' personal property. I would not recommend this school to any parent who has a choice. My daughter is a straight A student who loved school until she went to Walt Clark; now she hates it. Meanwhile the administration seems completely indifferent.

Posted November 26, 2012
Like most parents I was unsure how our daughter would make the transition from elementary school to middle school, the staff has made her transition a walk in the park. Thank you. I would recommend the school to anyone. My only complaint is the school website and trying to get information regarding the school calendar etc... without calling. Needs improvement.

Posted September 16, 2012
I'd like to share how much I've been so impressed by the level of professionalism and compassion that I've witnessed and experienced, my child feels known, respected and very well cared for by all of the adults on staff at Walt Clark. People at Walt Clark go above and beyond what is expected. Walt Clark is a wonderful school! I would highly recommend this gem to any parent looking for a great school. The principal Martha Gustafson made us feel welcome from the very first moment we meet her, and she continues to pay close attention to our child and our family. Just walk through the doors and you will instantly feel the warmth, caring and high standards!

Posted August 30, 2012
I couldn't be more thrilled with Walt Clark! Both of my kids went to the school and althought they have completely different needs both of my students thrived socially and academically at Walt Clark. The teachers where inspirational and caring and the prinipal was very involved with both of our kids. Thank you for a job well done Walt Clark! I highly recommend this school to any parent!

Posted May 10, 2012
I don't even know where to begin...I expected a difficult transition between elementary and middle school, but nothing could prepare me for the hardships my child and I would face at Walt Clark. From the beginning of the 2012 school year, my child was harrassed and bullied by the same sfudent relentlessly. After numerous meetings with the school counselor, there were no repercussions for the bully, and so the misery went on for my child. Because of this, I reported the incidences to the principle and 3 weeks later she has not returned my calls. This is not my only complaint however, there is no communication between school and home at Walt Clark. They expect e-mails and a parent website (which requirs obtaining-which took half the school year to get from them-and using a 20 character user name) to be sufficient. Neither of these are effective due to the fact that they are not checked daily by teachers (even every other day would be nice)! If my child has a missing assignment, there is no way for me to find out what the assignment entails, etc because e-mails are answered long after the item is due. My child has gone from a B average to failung in 1 year at this school.

Posted August 22, 2011
I had a great expermence here. I miss it and I think it much better school then what the review says.

Posted April 21, 2011
Walt Clark is a fantastic school! The teachers and staff are dedicated to helping students succeed. I know many families that have children that attend there and they are very happy. When my child is old enough to send to middle school I will be driving across town to send them to Walt Clark. As for bullying on the other reviews I heard they are now a No Place for Hate school. Maybe that will help.

Posted April 06, 2011
The worst school our family has ever had the misery of dealing with. Example? We had to deal with an English teacher who finally updated the missing assignments in MAY, after assuring us all was well for 3 months. Our child was passed through every single grade with all 'F's (Let the high school deal with it?) They take the "No child left behind" to the extreme. If your child attends here, you may as well let them ditch for 3 years.

Walt Clark Middle School 2

Posted January 06, 2011
My child is in her second year at the horrible school. Everyday my child complains about being harassed and being alone. Nothing gets done to the point where it changes anything. It's hard when your child asks everyday if she can stay home and tells me that her telling the teacher and principle doesn't help. I have called and had meetings with teachers, the counselor and the principle and it doesn't change anything. I would never recommend this school in fact I strongly advise against it. Since there is about five months left at school I cannot switch her but there is no way she will attend this school for eighth grade.

Walt Clark Middle School
2605 Carlisle Dr, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Walt Clark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walt Clark Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top