Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The school does not believe in homework.

We had to pull our child out of WC after spending months working on a transition plan from elementary to middle school. School personnel were unwelcoming and rude to community counseling services that were contracted for the benefit of our children. In my opinion, they were jealous, which has no place in a professional environment. They were unwilling to learn about how best to reach children who have experienced severe trauma. The Affective Needs teacher told me himself that he was not there to be an authority figure or make my child do his work. He was there to be his buddy. I was also told the school does not believe in homework. If it is not done in class, there is no need to finish. My child was allowed to leave class and basically do what he wanted. At times 3 adults couldn't control this child who did not have these problems in elementary school. My child regressed so much during his short time at WC, it took him 3 weeks of being at home before he felt safe again. The whole Affective Needs program at TVSD needs to be examined very closely. If your child has special needs, I would avoid this school and district at all costs.

WCMS is an excellent school. The staff goes above and beyond to help students learn and thrive. The administration is very caring towards students and staff. The STEM program is amazing. I would highly recommend Walt Clark Middle School.

Walt Clark Middle School is a school that cares about their students. If I have a concern I know it will be addressed immediately by teachers and administration. The STEM programs that they are building are great opportunities for our student.

Terrible. I've had 3 students in this school over the past 4 years. Teachers are overwhelmed and teach primarily by handout, grades are frequently entered incorrectly, or not at all (leading to confusion about missing/ungraded work), and morale is awful. Additionally there is a general culture of intimidation, including frequent police presence, and threats to search students' personal property. I would not recommend this school to any parent who has a choice. My daughter is a straight A student who loved school until she went to Walt Clark; now she hates it. Meanwhile the administration seems completely indifferent.

Like most parents I was unsure how our daughter would make the transition from elementary school to middle school, the staff has made her transition a walk in the park. Thank you. I would recommend the school to anyone. My only complaint is the school website and trying to get information regarding the school calendar etc... without calling. Needs improvement.

I'd like to share how much I've been so impressed by the level of professionalism and compassion that I've witnessed and experienced, my child feels known, respected and very well cared for by all of the adults on staff at Walt Clark. People at Walt Clark go above and beyond what is expected. Walt Clark is a wonderful school! I would highly recommend this gem to any parent looking for a great school. The principal Martha Gustafson made us feel welcome from the very first moment we meet her, and she continues to pay close attention to our child and our family. Just walk through the doors and you will instantly feel the warmth, caring and high standards!

I couldn't be more thrilled with Walt Clark! Both of my kids went to the school and althought they have completely different needs both of my students thrived socially and academically at Walt Clark. The teachers where inspirational and caring and the prinipal was very involved with both of our kids. Thank you for a job well done Walt Clark! I highly recommend this school to any parent!

I don't even know where to begin...I expected a difficult transition between elementary and middle school, but nothing could prepare me for the hardships my child and I would face at Walt Clark. From the beginning of the 2012 school year, my child was harrassed and bullied by the same sfudent relentlessly. After numerous meetings with the school counselor, there were no repercussions for the bully, and so the misery went on for my child. Because of this, I reported the incidences to the principle and 3 weeks later she has not returned my calls. This is not my only complaint however, there is no communication between school and home at Walt Clark. They expect e-mails and a parent website (which requirs obtaining-which took half the school year to get from them-and using a 20 character user name) to be sufficient. Neither of these are effective due to the fact that they are not checked daily by teachers (even every other day would be nice)! If my child has a missing assignment, there is no way for me to find out what the assignment entails, etc because e-mails are answered long after the item is due. My child has gone from a B average to failung in 1 year at this school.

I had a great expermence here. I miss it and I think it much better school then what the review says.

Last modified Walt Clark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.