Bad
Good

Carrie Martin is a fantastic school! The Leader in Me Program encourages kids to be leaders every day, and gives them the language and tools that will help them for the rest of their lives. One can feel the positive environment the minute you walk into the front door. The office staff is amazing, the principal is well informed and has her priorities straight, and the teachers are top notch. The fact that most of the staff has been there for 5 or more years (some up to 20!) is a testament to their dedication to students and families, and to the positive environment they have created.

Carrie Martin is a phenomenal place. Over the years, my children have gone to a number of good schools, but Carrie Martin tops them all! You can feel the positive energy when you walk in the front door. The office staff, principal, and teachers are friendly, helpful, and responsive. My children are getting an outstanding education at this school. They work together, hand-in-hand with parents to meet whatever needs my children have. I personally know of students with physical, academic, or social/emotional needs that are very specific. This staff goes above and beyond to meet those needs. They are an amazing team and an incredible asset to our community! The leadership focus (The Leader in Me) is helping all students to develop those skills that will help them be a valuable asset to our community for years to come. I am confident of my children's safety and those into whom I entrust their care. I can't give this school a higher recommendation.

If I could give this school a "zero", I sure would! Terry, the principal, really doesn't know what is going on. I dropped my son off for testing and he never got tested! They had the gym open for a movie and he sat there for TWO HOURS because he didn't check in at the front. Nancy, the admin's response was "I didn't know he was here". Terry, the principal's response was "I didn't know he was here. It was dark in there. (gym).". How terrifying is that for a parent that they had no idea where my child was for 2 hours! The fact that they are disorganized as a group is just the beginning! We've been at Winona and Namaqua (I have 8 kids!) and have never EVER been treated as bad as I have from this school! Nancy got mad and yelled AT MY MOM because she couldn't get a hold of me at work. How embarrassing! This school never takes responsibility for anything but think "everyone's a winner...if we like you". I really hope if you are looking to think of a different one than Carrie Martin. What a terrible school!

My children love this school, and so do I! Everyone is so friendly. My kids are getting a wonderful education.

i am now transfering my child out of CM. they have very little help for IEP kids. very negative teacher and principal.

I think the teacher turnover being high is an issue. I also do not like the check system because it focuses too much on negative behavior. PBS!

I have had children at this school for over 13 years. The staff is professional and willing to work with the individual needs of any child. The PTO provides many activities throughout the year and is supportive of the staff. The PTO is always looking for ways to improve the school in fact the school has the largest handicapped accessible playground in Northern Colorado. The entire school is actually a community from the principal to the staff to the parents if ever support is needed within the school walls or outside the support is there. Also as a parent of special needs children I have found that their needs have been met as well. Carrie Martin Elementary is an outstanding place for families to raise their children.

This school is building the foundation of success for my children. The curriculum, outside of the box thinking, special ed needs, and most importantly the teacher and principal support is phenomenal. I could not find this type of instruction and community within a private organization and all of my kids will obtain their education here. KM

Last modified Carrie Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.