Loveland, CO
After care: No

Posted May 15, 2014
Stansberry is a very fun loving place to play & learn. The teachers give more than 100% to the kids everyday. As a parent I could not feel better about leaving my kids with these amazing teachers. Many of the teachers or staff members help & participates in our great before & after school clubs. My favorite club our school offers is a club called ACE club( homework club) it is an after school club that many of the teacher stay late to join in this club helping all grades with homework or just listening to kids read! We have a great parent, teacher group called CSA that helps set up fundraisers & also helps with organizing lots of fun activities for the kids throughout the year! I would recommend Stansberry Elementary to anyone who wants to feel comfortable knowing that they chose a great school for their kids!

Posted May 13, 2014
I am the grandparent of 2 students at Stansberry. I am also a retired teacher from another state. I have been completely impressed with the educational experience my granddaughters are receiving at this school. The school is small enough that students are known by name by all staff they come in contact with, including office staff, principal, and classroom teachers. Teachers are very focused on assuring all students reach their full potential as learners and work cooperatively to be sure all are meeting standards. Not only do the staff use their daily class time efficiently, they go above and beyond to provide a homework support club two afternoons each week, math support before school several mornings per week, extra reading support for first graders using trained fifth graders as reading coaches during an after school time two days each week, and provide multiple short term after school activities such as running club, creative art, and lego building. Volunteers are welcome and well utilized within the program. It's a great place for kids to learn and grow!

Posted April 17, 2014
Stansberry is the best elementary school in Loveland, hands down! The teachers work very hard to challenge the students and to ensure that they progress upward in their learning. It's a smaller school with smaller class sizes. To me, it doesn't make sense to pay for private school tuition when you get similar benefits from Stansberry. My students are out-of-area for Stansberry. Initially, I had my children attend our in-area school and found it quite lacking in terms of education. I then tried a charter school and it was terrible. It was disorganized and the teachers did not have much teaching experience. I did some research and found Stansberry to have high TCAP scores and good reviews on sites like this. I enrolled my oldest two children in 2009. My third child is still attending SES in 3rd grade. So having had children in Stansberry for 5 years, I have solid experience to speak from. The teachers are experienced, dedicated, and friendly. They are organized and ensure that students are working and moving forward. There is no wasting time in class or silly useless projects. I am glad that Loveland is a School of Choice city.

Posted August 13, 2013
I have one child who has been at Stansberry for 2 years and a second starting this year. Stansberry is a great small community school. All of the teachers, staff and principal take time to get to know each individual student and have done a great job of individualizing our oldest's education to her learning level, helping her to exceed almost all grade level expectations at the end of last year and enjoy every minute of it! We look forward to another great year at Stansberry!

Posted August 04, 2013
2 of my 3 grandson have come and gone from Stansberry and they are successful in middle and high school because of the work done by them and for them by their teachers! I remain impressed by everyone at Stansberry! I am sure my last grandson will be just as successful as his brother!! THANK YOU, Stansberry for being such a special part of our family!

Posted August 24, 2011
Stansberry is AWESOME! My 2 boys went to 2 different schools previously.The 1st school was in our home area. The other was a charter school. Both schools failed miserably with regards to teaching math and writing. My husband, a H.S. math teacher, was horrified to find that the charter school set my oldest son behind in math by about 1 yr. He had started out as advanced in math but this school let him down majorly. So I sent all of my children to Stansberry 2 yrs ago. We are thrilled with the results! My oldest son finished 4/5 grade at Stansberry and had CSAP scores of 4's in math, science, and writing. He had benchmark testing throughout the 2 yrs that showed a 131% increase in writing performance! My younger son achieved a CSAP score of 4 in math, 3.88 in writing, and 3.6 in reading last yr. This is great since writing has always been difficult for him. His teacher assigned writing worksheets and spelling tests regularly which helped him greatly. My girl learned a great deal from Gr. K. I helped out in her class. By the end of the school yr, the children learned how to read,write,do simple add/subtraction,scientific observation,spelling, and computer skills. Wow!

Stansberry Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2010
The kindergarten class is not that great.They passed my son wo knowing his letters and the teacher didn't want to acknowledge that he had adhd even though the doctors said he did. She doesn't do good w/ hyper boys in particular!! We moved so i'm glad to be putting my chiildren in a different school. A school that can handle kids better w/ ADHD!!

Posted April 30, 2010
my grandaughter has been at this school for all 6 yrs. They have been great!! she has become not only book smart but also a verry carring person. the staff gets to know each student and helps them to become mature young adults with exceptional morals. anyone should be proud to concider this their school

Stansberry Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
The staff is on top of everything and yet so easy to work with.

Posted July 15, 2009
All three of my kids went and one of my nieces still go to Stansberry. I have nothing bad to say with children that are difficult to teach and guide. In society today Stansberry takes the unwanted and show them direction. It doesn't matter were they come from or how hard the kids have it they are there and are willing to help anyone with anything with any need.

Stansberry Elementary School
407 East 42nd St, Loveland, CO  80538
Last modified Stansberry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stansberry Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top