Posted July 12, 2013
I feel like all if the teachers here have prepared me accordingly to enter high school this year and truly cared about myself and other students. One of the best things about this school is the art in my opinion. The art teacher there is absolutely amazing and the activities we do in class are a ton of fun. Having spent 3 years at Erwin I have improved my art skills, become fluent in another language, and used their IB program to become more knowledgeable, principled, and open minded about the world around us. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to students and parents every where.

Lucile Erwin Middle School 4

Posted April 30, 2011
There are a lot of positives at Erwin, but as my child leaves for high school next year I do have some reservations about some aspects of the education provided at LEMS. There seems to be a greater focus on quantity of work versus high expectations regarding the level of work. It seems like half of the school is made up of straight A students. The positives at this school are the arts programs, the GT coordinator who understands what GT is, and dedicated staff. The drawbacks are teachers who will pass kids through even accelerated classes with high marks when the work they are doing is not advanced, bullying, and the typical middle school problems with drugs and promiscuity.

Posted July 03, 2010
We have been at three different middle schools (Kinard, Preston, and Erwin) since we have moved three times in northern Colorado (we remodel homes and sell them). I have noticed that other schools score higher than Erwin on CSAP, but those schools just drill test prep. Erwin focuses on creativity and relevant problem solving. You can tell by the projects that kids do and the level of thinking they are required to communicate about the concepts they are learning. I don't mind if they skipped out on 70 worksheets on semi-colons, so they can score well on CSAP...I would rather have my children at Erwin where they are HAPPY and CHALLENGED in the areas they need to have as an adult not just a test prep school!

Posted October 07, 2009
I go to Lucile Erwim Middle School (LEMS) I like the teachers and staff. They are nice, and helpful.

Posted September 25, 2009

Lucile Erwin Middle School 4

Posted September 10, 2009
Its a great school with many activities for students and up-to-date tools and equipment.

Lucile Erwin Middle School 1

Posted August 15, 2009

Posted May 12, 2009
This school is amazing! I have never been in a school with such dedicated staff, and high expectations for every student. With the new principal, anything is possible at Erwin! The IB program is in full swing, and if parents would just do their part, and demanding that their own children be responsible for themselves and their schoolwork, this school could focus on even more amazing things!

Lucile Erwin Middle School 1

Posted May 09, 2009
I would not advise sending your children to this school. There is a very uncaring attitude on behalf of several of the teachers. Once a behavior issue begins they go out of their way to make it worse.

Lucile Erwin Middle School 0

Posted November 26, 2008
Erwin is an ok school, but if you get one bad grade, everybody treats you way different.

Lucile Erwin Middle School
4700 Lucerne Ave, Loveland, CO  80538
Last modified Lucile Erwin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lucile Erwin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top