PK-12|Private
1,200 students
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

It has the best community of teachers and parents around as well as an excellent academic curriculum!
August 24, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

After 8 years of attending Rez, our family has recently moved across the country to start our new lives in Virginia. It was a rather unexpected move, and I never would have guessed that we would be leaving. I know my parents didn't expect this either because they even started paying the tuition to Rez through the summer, which they did not get refunded. As our move was so unexpected, we were unable to say goodbye to many of our Rez friends and teacher. On the first week of school, (our last week here in Colorado) my mom encouraged me to take my sister and brother to visit the school one last time during lunch.It was the end of the week and we were packed up and leaving early Saturday morning to drive across the country to our new home. It truly would be out last chance to say goodbye. But when we showed up at the office, we were told to immediately leave the campus. In fact, Becky Lohr's exact words were, "This is a closed campus, and you know this!" Then my sister Bella asked if she could as least use the restroom, and she was told no. We had to leave IMMEDIATELY! She couldn't even use the restroom?! We obviously didn't expect this, especially after seeing so many visitors come and go during lunch time for the past eight years. It really hurt us deeply to be turned away like this. Rez has been like a second home to us, and I still cannot understand why we were treated like a security threat when we came to say goodbye. We were not strangers, and I think that even a stranger would have been allowed to use the restroom. The worst part is that every time I think of Colorado or Rez, I get hurt and angry all over again. Even my parents were shocked that we were treated that way. They said that you would think paying a couple thousand dollars towards this school year would at least get us a 20-minute lunch! It feels like the second we stopped writing checks to Rez, they kicked us to the curb... Literally! I really hate that after all these years, things had to end this way. I really needed to get this off my chest so that I can forgive and move on. I hope that Rez can find a way to provide security without making past students feel rejected and hurt in the process. That just doesn't seem like the Christian way to treat people.

If your child is different in any way do not send them here, middle school is a sales pitch, 6th grade is sold great but 7th and 8th booooo I am a student and this school was terrible, the math program was a mess and I will just say, it is not worth the money. There is no acceptance for different people, everyone here doges problems and ignores everyone else, I have been rejected by teachers and judged wrongly, Rcs was the hardest school to go to they ask for way too much money, I can't judge for high school but I will never come back.

While once a shining light, this school has suffered recently. Apparently their finances have been severely compromised by overspending on new additions. Recently, parents were notified with only a few days notice that the school would be shut down for a week to accommodate more paying attendees to some conference. Too tantalizing to pass up, given their dire finances. We're pulling our kids out after this year. In 10 years, this school will be half the current size. UPDATE: Due so some recent unprofessional behavior on the part of some highly-placed staff, as well as very disturbing activities on campus, we are seriously considering removing all three of our children from this school. Another disturbing factor: RCS has a forced "fall vacation" for one week. Why? So they can all go HUNTING! Extreme.

Develops character: Disagree

It is hard to teach integrity when there is a sharp lack of integrity at the highest levels in this institution.

- a school leader

Just a response to he review about finances. As the information is incorrect. If it was really a parent they would not state "the school would be shut down for a week to accommodate more paying attendees to some conference" as that did not happen. If really another parent, I have no problem with the feelings they may have, but the review is factually incorrect. The school did not shut down to accommodate more paying attendees to some conference. The conference was unaffiliated with the school or their finances, but on the same property. The two days were accounted for in school schedule snow days, and were the result of "traffic, security, parking, and overlap, I am confident that the logistic challenges are too great to overcome for the pre-school, elementary and middle school". A small group was trying to generate negative publicity surrounding that conference and I suspect the review may have been retaliatory likely not from a parent - as this is not a normal occurrence during our tenure at the school.

Amazing school. The teachers are genuinely concerned about each kid and their families. The entire school really is like a family reaching out to others in times of need. I can't say enough about the academics but more importantly the life skills my kids are learning! Highly recommend this school.

We have 2 children at Rez, and we all love it. Our kids are excited to go to school, and when we pick them up, they talk non-stop about the incredible day they've had. Their teachers are wonderful. They send us weekly updates so we know exactly what to expect, and what the class has been learning. I would say, 4 out of 5 days you will see the principle walking the halls, checking on classes, and she says hello to us-(the parents!) by NAME. The entire staff is amazing, and has been a second family to us. We were supposed to relocate out of state, and had our childred tested for new schools, and they both tested 2 grades ahead. We are very happy to be here!!

We have two kids at this school. They are on their third year at RCS. This school is the best school in Northern Colorado. The Superintendent is a strong leader and is backed by all of the teacher and parents. Students show respect for each other and are proud of their school. Academically RCS is at the top in the state and in the nation. They also have a very strong sports program. We love it. You got to check it out.

I love how much our teachers care about our kids. They always show genuine interest and compassion, and go above and beyond the call of duty.

Last modified Resurrection Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12