PK-12|Private
1,200 students
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

It has the best community of teachers and parents around as well as an excellent academic curriculum!
August 24, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Despite everything else I have read, both positive and negative, about this school, one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that from the highest levels of administration, through the ranks of the teachers, and down to the lowest levels of the volunteer staff, these people, and this school, care very deeply for the wellbeing of their students. And it does not end there, they care a great deal for the student's families as well. We have 5 children in this school, and from the very first day until today, they have shown both us and our children enormous, and honestly, unheard of, levels of care and compassion. I do recommend this school to anyone, especially homeschool parents, or parents who desire to remain intimately involved with their childrens' lives as they embark on their journey through school. Thanks to all who have cared for us, and have helped our children to succeed in life.

As a parent of 3 college freshmen who graduated from RCS (our twins who attended RCS Preschool through High School, and a Korean exchange student who lived with us all through high school), I'm so thankful for the life preparation RCS provided each of them. All 3 are thriving in college, well prepared for college life academically, socially and spiritually. I always loved each phase at RCS - preschool, elementary, middle school and high school - for the complete experience they were getting. Now that we're in the "pay for college" phase, I'm grateful for the huge scholarships and college credits they earned because of RCS's excellent college prep program. Those scholarships and college credits are saving us significantly more than we paid for their RCS education, not just for high school, but for preschool through graduation! Beyond the priceless spiritual and social foundations RCS gave them, it's like we "made more than we paid" for their academic success as well. Plus they're getting to do college sports and music, thanks to the great athletics, music & fine arts at RCS.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are exceptional teachers and great role models...really love kids.

After 8 years of attending Rez, our family has recently moved across the country to start our new lives in Virginia. It was a rather unexpected move, and I never would have guessed that we would be leaving. I know my parents didn't expect this either because they even started paying the tuition to Rez through the summer, which they did not get refunded. As our move was so unexpected, we were unable to say goodbye to many of our Rez friends and teacher. On the first week of school, (our last week here in Colorado) my mom encouraged me to take my sister and brother to visit the school one last time during lunch.It was the end of the week and we were packed up and leaving early Saturday morning to drive across the country to our new home. It truly would be out last chance to say goodbye. But when we showed up at the office, we were told to immediately leave the campus. In fact, Becky Lohr's exact words were, "This is a closed campus, and you know this!" Then my sister Bella asked if she could as least use the restroom, and she was told no. We had to leave IMMEDIATELY! She couldn't even use the restroom?! We obviously didn't expect this, especially after seeing so many visitors come and go during lunch time for the past eight years. It really hurt us deeply to be turned away like this. Rez has been like a second home to us, and I still cannot understand why we were treated like a security threat when we came to say goodbye. We were not strangers, and I think that even a stranger would have been allowed to use the restroom. The worst part is that every time I think of Colorado or Rez, I get hurt and angry all over again. Even my parents were shocked that we were treated that way. They said that you would think paying a couple thousand dollars towards this school year would at least get us a 20-minute lunch! It feels like the second we stopped writing checks to Rez, they kicked us to the curb... Literally! I really hate that after all these years, things had to end this way. I really needed to get this off my chest so that I can forgive and move on. I hope that Rez can find a way to provide security without making past students feel rejected and hurt in the process. That just doesn't seem like the Christian way to treat people.

If your child is different in any way do not send them here, middle school is a sales pitch, 6th grade is sold great but 7th and 8th booooo I am a student and this school was terrible, the math program was a mess and I will just say, it is not worth the money. There is no acceptance for different people, everyone here doges problems and ignores everyone else, I have been rejected by teachers and judged wrongly, Rcs was the hardest school to go to they ask for way too much money, I can't judge for high school but I will never come back.

While once a shining light, this school has suffered recently. Apparently their finances have been severely compromised by overspending on new additions. Recently, parents were notified with only a few days notice that the school would be shut down for a week to accommodate more paying attendees to some conference. Too tantalizing to pass up, given their dire finances. We're pulling our kids out after this year. In 10 years, this school will be half the current size. UPDATE: Due so some recent unprofessional behavior on the part of some highly-placed staff, as well as very disturbing activities on campus, we are seriously considering removing all three of our children from this school. Another disturbing factor: RCS has a forced "fall vacation" for one week. Why? So they can all go HUNTING! Extreme.

Develops character: Disagree

It is hard to teach integrity when there is a sharp lack of integrity at the highest levels in this institution.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 24, 2015

Just a response to he review about finances. As the information is incorrect. If it was really a parent they would not state "the school would be shut down for a week to accommodate more paying attendees to some conference" as that did not happen. If really another parent, I have no problem with the feelings they may have, but the review is factually incorrect. The school did not shut down to accommodate more paying attendees to some conference. The conference was unaffiliated with the school or their finances, but on the same property. The two days were accounted for in school schedule snow days, and were the result of "traffic, security, parking, and overlap, I am confident that the logistic challenges are too great to overcome for the pre-school, elementary and middle school". A small group was trying to generate negative publicity surrounding that conference and I suspect the review may have been retaliatory likely not from a parent - as this is not a normal occurrence during our tenure at the school.

Amazing school. The teachers are genuinely concerned about each kid and their families. The entire school really is like a family reaching out to others in times of need. I can't say enough about the academics but more importantly the life skills my kids are learning! Highly recommend this school.

Last modified Resurrection Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12