Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I currently have my second child at MVHS. The LISA program has been life changing for him. He absolutely loves performing at the fabulous auditorium and really appreciates the arts component in his academic classes. He has always been an excellent student and really appreciates the challenge of attending pre-AP and AP courses as part of his LISA diploma requirement.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child has time to complete relative homework each night and still participate in extracurricular activities.

Develops character: Agree

Students are empowered to work with teachers when any issues arrive. The teachers encourage positive relationship building to create active learners.

I have worked at MVHS for 3 years and appreciate the teachers and staff here that work hard for the students. Everyone is invested in seeing students succeed. It is amazing to see the efforts put in by the teachers and staff and see the students reciprocate it and strive for their best. I am thankful for such a great environment for my workplace.

Dedicated teachers and staff create an environment for excellent learning. Student success is supported with many program options.

There are very few things in life that qualify/fit the category of perfect. MVHS students and staff seem to be seeking a perfect ranking. My daughter is a Freshman this year at MVHS, and her experience has been a pleasant one. She is seriously into music - and her love of music & band has grown immensely this year. I am also a member of the teaching staff here at MVHS. What I have seen in the classroom is inspiring, and it's these wonderful students who keep me in the profession. I find it amazing to see: students teaching students, students becoming leaders, students sharing their knowledge and skills, and their determination & creativity are second to none. I love this school & the kids here - it may not be "perfect," but we all work hard to make it a GREAT place.

I enjoy working with so many teachers and faculty that truly care about molding our youth not only into better students, but into better people as well.

I am impressed with the staff at MVHS and their dedication to the students. There is staff so willing to go above and beyond for the students that need comfort, reassurance, compassion and a much needed hug.

I have now been teaching at MVHS for 3 years, and am continually amazed at the dedication and professionalism that my fellow staff members display. In my opinion, the ultimate test of a school is if a staffer is comfortable enough with the faculty and programs to send their own child there. Needless to say, next year my own daughter will be walking the halls of MVHS.

I am saddened to see the comments below about my new school. I transitioned to Mountain View about two weeks into the second semester. My experience was amazing! Everyone was very nice and very helpful during my transition. This school is for very independent oriented students who want to work hard. If you struggle in school, there are many teachers and even students willing to help you with whatever you may need. The amount of freedom I was granted as a sophomore was what I noticed the most about this school. Overall a solid 3 ranking.

Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.