Loveland, CO
Students enrolled: 1,250
After care: No

Posted May 15, 2015
There are very few things in life that qualify/fit the category of perfect. MVHS students and staff seem to be seeking a perfect ranking. My daughter is a Freshman this year at MVHS, and her experience has been a pleasant one. She is seriously into music - and her love of music & band has grown immensely this year. I am also a member of the teaching staff here at MVHS. What I have seen in the classroom is inspiring, and it's these wonderful students who keep me in the profession. I find it amazing to see: students teaching students, students becoming leaders, students sharing their knowledge and skills, and their determination & creativity are second to none. I love this school & the kids here - it may not be "perfect," but we all work hard to make it a GREAT place.

Posted April 17, 2015
I enjoy working with so many teachers and faculty that truly care about molding our youth not only into better students, but into better people as well.

Posted March 23, 2015
I am impressed with the staff at MVHS and their dedication to the students. There is staff so willing to go above and beyond for the students that need comfort, reassurance, compassion and a much needed hug.

Mountain View High School 5

Posted March 23, 2015
I have now been teaching at MVHS for 3 years, and am continually amazed at the dedication and professionalism that my fellow staff members display. In my opinion, the ultimate test of a school is if a staffer is comfortable enough with the faculty and programs to send their own child there. Needless to say, next year my own daughter will be walking the halls of MVHS.

Mountain View High School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
I am saddened to see the comments below about my new school. I transitioned to Mountain View about two weeks into the second semester. My experience was amazing! Everyone was very nice and very helpful during my transition. This school is for very independent oriented students who want to work hard. If you struggle in school, there are many teachers and even students willing to help you with whatever you may need. The amount of freedom I was granted as a sophomore was what I noticed the most about this school. Overall a solid 3 ranking.

Mountain View High School 1

Posted March 04, 2013
This school is the shame of the Thompson School District. Maybe now that the principal, Kevin Aten, has gone to the Evans School District as an HR Specialist, it will improve. Hopefully for the families who still have to deal with it. Too many bad teachers being kept, too many good teachers being run off. Too many coaches who have no clue what they are doing. Too much emphasis put on the kids who are the top notch athletes, they get away with whatever they want. No support for kids wanting to go to college. Counselors don't even know who most of the kids are, and don't really seem to care.

Mountain View High School 2

Posted April 03, 2012
The classes are average. The financial help is great, i got plenty of help when i was considered under the homeless category. Unfortunately, i think the school overall is not challenging. Because i was no one important at the school apparently, they did not put me in the yearbook for senoir year (after receiving a baby picture and senoir picture i had temporarily lended them) , and had lost one of the only pictures i had of me when i was a child, after specifically telling the yearbook staff i needed my picture back. It was hard for me to explain to my family (who did support me) that they couldnt have a yearbook because i wasnt in it..

Mountain View High School 2

Posted October 07, 2010
The LISA visual arts program is terrible. A much better choice is the Thompson Valley HS art program. Student teacher ratio is terrible. Overall, not cutting the mustard.

Mountain View High School 3

Posted July 26, 2010
Mountain View High School has some great teachers and staff. However, the Music and Drama dept is an utter disappointment for a LISA school. The director is unable to address proper etiquette with his choirs, and allows clowning from certain students which makes it impossible for serious students to develop their singing skill. In leadership of the drama dept, I think this man forgets he is at a high school. He requires 8 x 10 B&W headshots for auditions, and then casts himself in the lead role.

Mountain View High School

Posted September 17, 2009
We have some of the hardest working students in town. They are always trying to improve and do their best in everything they do.

Mountain View High School
3500 Mountain Lion Dr, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top