Public charter
Loveland, CO

Posted October 14, 2014
Our children started at NVCS since they opened in 2006 and all of them have had GREAT experiences. The staff is amazing--committed to children, great at communicating home, and the administration provides a lot of professional development, more than the district average. We like that it is a little more rigorous, which has helped our older kids be successful starting high school. The small size is definitely a plus, especially for middle school years. (My son had 10 kids in his Algebra class!). There are sports and clubs and a lot of opportunities for community service, such as National Junior Honor Society. I would definitely recommend NVCS. Don't make your decision without visiting and getting multiple student/parent opinions first!

New Vision Charter School 4

Posted October 14, 2014
Like any school this one has had turnover with its staff. I have to agree with the previous parent review in the fact that the schools principal replacement was inexperienced. The teachers overall are great. PTO leader(s) could be more professional. Seems to be alot of favoritism with certain students.

Posted October 14, 2014
This particular school has to be one of best I have ever seen. After searching for what seemed like ever to find a school that my son would truly enjoy attending, this was the one that we chose. The teachers are excellant and go out of their way to help each and every child. The classes are of a manageable size so that each student gets the most one on one instruction possible unlike so many of the public schools where the children are just a number. Parents are strongly encouraged to participate in their childs education in many different ways which is such a rare thing to see in a school these days. My only regret is that it is currently only a K-8. Hopefully when the day comes that my son will be heading for the 8th grade, they will have been able to extend the grades offered to the 12th and he will be able to graduate from in my opinion "One of Lovelands best schools available". Keep in mind that not every individual will have the perfect opinion and only the bad ones will usually sing out but from what I have seen and experienced there is much more good than any bad i have personally seen.

Posted October 14, 2014
Having put our oldest through the Thompson Valley School system, we decided to go a different route with our younger children. Lets just say that 1 semester at New Vision equates to 1.5-2.0 years in the Thompson Valley School system. I really love the teachers at Namaqua, Walt Clark & TVHS, but the union / "Big Education" system is not the right fit for us or our kids. Parents really care and spend a lot of time at the school. Just to give a small example. I have tried to volunteer 3-4 times, but within 10-15 minutes of an email going out the slots are all filled. If you want your child to be challenged, send them here. If you want your child to be ready for the real world, send them here. If you want your child ready to deal with what the expectations of modern life brings, send them here. If you want a conventional public school education, send them through the Thompson Valley School system. The TVSS is not bad, but its average. If you want above average go here. PS: I'm almost certain that the folks writing the recent bad reviews are those that want nothing more than to limit your choice in schools. New Vision is everything you want in a private school but uses your tax dollars.

New Vision Charter School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is just ok/average. Love the teachers that they currently have and the "specials" like Spanish and Art (WONDERFUL teachers), just don't like all the drama with constant switching of teachers and the extra drama that comes with the parents and mentality of "we're better than everyone else". This school went from excellent to great to just ok. Undecided if my two will return next year...

Posted August 27, 2014
This school left a bad taste in my mouth. The quality of the teaching was excellent in my opinion. I just honestly don't like all of the politics that came with this school. I hope to hear of it turning around as it once was the talk of Loveland (and not in a bad way!)

Posted August 27, 2014
To my immense disappointment, one full school year here was too long. My young child was punished by being sent to the principal's office for interrupting the teacher. The principal abruptly quit right after the school year began leaving in her place an inexperienced man to fill her shoes. I watched my child's self esteem crumble as she was told to "behave like the other children". She began to resent school and made no friends. After voicing my concerns to her teacher, I still saw no improvement in her attitude towards school. This was very disheartening to me. Upon further investigation, I've found that a large % of the staff has been there for 3 years or less, with the AVERAGE being 1-2 years. Teachers and aides come and go as if this were a child care facility vs. a school. The teachers that do stay are good for the most part. However, the "Stepford Child" mentality is very unsettling. I am here to tell you that the titles "Charter School" and "Core Knowledge" mean nothing if there is not consistency or positive leadership. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone and have found a local public school to be much better.

Posted August 27, 2014
Subpar school. It's essentially mediocrity wrapped in a pretty package. My son had a below average experience here and we will not be returning.

New Vision Charter School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
I have been at New Vision for eight years. I just finished my eighth grade year. The teachers really do have the best in mind for the students. They want each and every student to their best, but will crack down and give you the information or grade you deserve. The principal is one of the best the school has ever seen, and he loves the school and the kids. The staff wants each and every student to do their best and will cater to what they need, but in return expect that the student will do what they need to succeed. Yes, we have dealt with some bulling in the past, but we no longer have that problem thanks for the wonderful teachers and administration. I recommend this school 100%, it is far better than any other elementary/middle school in town.

Posted May 07, 2014
I am a parent of 3 children at this wonderful school. Almost all the teachers have a masters degree from what I have been told. This is highly unusual for most schools, especially charter schools. What's important is that kids are challenged and still like school at the end of the day. My GT child is challenged and my others are making huge gains. The new administration is the best yet. Mr. B loves the kids and is very fair with consequences. He is visible and approachable. At our small school, families know each other. The previous comments probably come from parents of children who were bullies, destructive, dangerous, or who have kids with needs that are too severe for this small staff to address. Bullying is not tolerated, which usually is considered a good thing. Make a wise choice.

New Vision Charter School
2366 East 1st St, Loveland, CO  80538
Last modified New Vision Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Vision Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top