Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

New Vision Charter School 3

Posted February 23, 2016
The teachers at NVCS are very welcoming and on top of things, along with the rest of the staff. However, this school offers no extracurriculars other than their limited amount of choice sports. They also do not use their money well (such as on unneeded technology), and the curriculum does not fit the majority of the students. I would consider NVCS a safe place for students (there, bullying is almost nonexistent) and, most of the time, the students are heard out for what they think.

Posted December 15, 2015
The teachers at New Vision are amazing. My kids are in 4th and 6th grade and we've been with the school since kindergarten. The school is well run. My kids feel very safe and I feel the discipline is appropriate and fair. My kids are also well supported academically.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted December 03, 2015
I agree because whenever a student earns a bad grade on an assignment, the teachers are on top of it.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 03, 2015
I do not agree due to the fact that New Vision Charter School has irrational regulations.

Posted October 14, 2014
Our children started at NVCS since they opened in 2006 and all of them have had GREAT experiences. The staff is amazing--committed to children, great at communicating home, and the administration provides a lot of professional development, more than the district average. We like that it is a little more rigorous, which has helped our older kids be successful starting high school. The small size is definitely a plus, especially for middle school years. (My son had 10 kids in his Algebra class!). There are sports and clubs and a lot of opportunities for community service, such as National Junior Honor Society. I would definitely recommend NVCS. Don't make your decision without visiting and getting multiple student/parent opinions first!

New Vision Charter School 4

Posted October 14, 2014
Like any school this one has had turnover with its staff. I have to agree with the previous parent review in the fact that the schools principal replacement was inexperienced. The teachers overall are great. PTO leader(s) could be more professional. Seems to be alot of favoritism with certain students.

Posted October 14, 2014
This particular school has to be one of best I have ever seen. After searching for what seemed like ever to find a school that my son would truly enjoy attending, this was the one that we chose. The teachers are excellant and go out of their way to help each and every child. The classes are of a manageable size so that each student gets the most one on one instruction possible unlike so many of the public schools where the children are just a number. Parents are strongly encouraged to participate in their childs education in many different ways which is such a rare thing to see in a school these days. My only regret is that it is currently only a K-8. Hopefully when the day comes that my son will be heading for the 8th grade, they will have been able to extend the grades offered to the 12th and he will be able to graduate from in my opinion "One of Lovelands best schools available". Keep in mind that not every individual will have the perfect opinion and only the bad ones will usually sing out but from what I have seen and experienced there is much more good than any bad i have personally seen.

Posted October 14, 2014
Having put our oldest through the Thompson Valley School system, we decided to go a different route with our younger children. Lets just say that 1 semester at New Vision equates to 1.5-2.0 years in the Thompson Valley School system. I really love the teachers at Namaqua, Walt Clark & TVHS, but the union / "Big Education" system is not the right fit for us or our kids. Parents really care and spend a lot of time at the school. Just to give a small example. I have tried to volunteer 3-4 times, but within 10-15 minutes of an email going out the slots are all filled. If you want your child to be challenged, send them here. If you want your child to be ready for the real world, send them here. If you want your child ready to deal with what the expectations of modern life brings, send them here. If you want a conventional public school education, send them through the Thompson Valley School system. The TVSS is not bad, but its average. If you want above average go here. PS: I'm almost certain that the folks writing the recent bad reviews are those that want nothing more than to limit your choice in schools. New Vision is everything you want in a private school but uses your tax dollars.

New Vision Charter School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is just ok/average. Love the teachers that they currently have and the "specials" like Spanish and Art (WONDERFUL teachers), just don't like all the drama with constant switching of teachers and the extra drama that comes with the parents and mentality of "we're better than everyone else". This school went from excellent to great to just ok. Undecided if my two will return next year...

New Vision Charter School 1

Posted August 27, 2014
This school left a bad taste in my mouth. The quality of the teaching was excellent in my opinion. I just honestly don't like all of the politics that came with this school. I hope to hear of it turning around as it once was the talk of Loveland (and not in a bad way!)

2366 East 1st Street, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified New Vision Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.