New Vision Charter School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is just ok/average. Love the teachers that they currently have and the "specials" like Spanish and Art (WONDERFUL teachers), just don't like all the drama with constant switching of teachers and the extra drama that comes with the parents and mentality of "we're better than everyone else". This school went from excellent to great to just ok. Undecided if my two will return next year...

Posted August 27, 2014
This school left a bad taste in my mouth. The quality of the teaching was excellent in my opinion. I just honestly don't like all of the politics that came with this school. I hope to hear of it turning around as it once was the talk of Loveland (and not in a bad way!)

Posted August 27, 2014
To my immense disappointment, one full school year here was too long. My young child was punished by being sent to the principal's office for interrupting the teacher. The principal abruptly quit right after the school year began leaving in her place an inexperienced man to fill her shoes. I watched my child's self esteem crumble as she was told to "behave like the other children". She began to resent school and made no friends. After voicing my concerns to her teacher, I still saw no improvement in her attitude towards school. This was very disheartening to me. Upon further investigation, I've found that a large % of the staff has been there for 3 years or less, with the AVERAGE being 1-2 years. Teachers and aides come and go as if this were a child care facility vs. a school. The teachers that do stay are good for the most part. However, the "Stepford Child" mentality is very unsettling. I am here to tell you that the titles "Charter School" and "Core Knowledge" mean nothing if there is not consistency or positive leadership. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone and have found a local public school to be much better.

Posted August 27, 2014
Subpar school. It's essentially mediocrity wrapped in a pretty package. My son had a below average experience here and we will not be returning.

New Vision Charter School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
I have been at New Vision for eight years. I just finished my eighth grade year. The teachers really do have the best in mind for the students. They want each and every student to their best, but will crack down and give you the information or grade you deserve. The principal is one of the best the school has ever seen, and he loves the school and the kids. The staff wants each and every student to do their best and will cater to what they need, but in return expect that the student will do what they need to succeed. Yes, we have dealt with some bulling in the past, but we no longer have that problem thanks for the wonderful teachers and administration. I recommend this school 100%, it is far better than any other elementary/middle school in town.

New Vision Charter School 5

Posted May 07, 2014
I am a parent of 3 children at this wonderful school. Almost all the teachers have a masters degree from what I have been told. This is highly unusual for most schools, especially charter schools. What's important is that kids are challenged and still like school at the end of the day. My GT child is challenged and my others are making huge gains. The new administration is the best yet. Mr. B loves the kids and is very fair with consequences. He is visible and approachable. At our small school, families know each other. The previous comments probably come from parents of children who were bullies, destructive, dangerous, or who have kids with needs that are too severe for this small staff to address. Bullying is not tolerated, which usually is considered a good thing. Make a wise choice.

Posted March 27, 2014
My son was treated like a criminal by the administration for behaving like a typical seven year old boy. We were pushed out of the school with threats and extreme disciplinary measures. There is currently no principal, only a vice principal who is punitive and inexperienced for his position. The teachers were wonderful, but ultimately unable to help my child.

New Vision Charter School 2

Posted October 23, 2013
Horrible principle and vice principle. Every other year there's new ones! Current ones are rude so is front office receptionists. Great teachers, and special education teachers are top notch. Would never recommend this school though because children are picked apart. If they aren't doing as well as expected they are made to feel as though they aren't. Have had to yank both children out.

New Vision Charter School 5

Posted July 28, 2013
I've been going since 1st grade and, although it may have its problems, I have enjoyed going to this school. The classes are catered to the students individual needs. The math program has helped me soooo much!

New Vision Charter School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
We have been thrilled with the teachers at NVCS. Our children have received an excellent education: they are performing above grade-level and our GT child has been challenged by the classroom teacher. Their test scores show consistent growth. The teachers at this school care deeply about children and their growth. Our children come home excited about learning and want to go back to school the next day.

New Vision Charter School
2366 East 1st St, Loveland, CO  80538
Last modified New Vision Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Vision Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.