Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My son has been attending LCS since it's opening year and is currently a fifth grader, my daughter in second. My son has enjoyed most of his teachers and enjoys learning. The curriculum is exceptional and staff work hard to bring enjoyment of their subjects into the classroom. Fifth grade has been a bit more difficult for him as the CC (Classroom coordinator) was new to the school this year and had difficulty keeping structure in the classroom., for this reason, I took off a star. However, we know that LCS has had huge success having CCs in the room (departmentalization) and so our hope is that those new CCs will have a better understanding of their roles as CCs for the next school year. LCS offers many after school opportunities for kids 5th and above. I would say that the Great Schools score is incorrect "5/10" since the school provides many after school activities and sports. As a parent that continually wants to encourage my children in all they do, to persevere when things become challenging, and to be a person of virtue and great character, I am pleased with the focus LCS has on character education. We are happy to be a part of the LCS family! If I could ask anything to be worked on, it would be to bring back the quality structure classrooms had in it's first 2-3 years of operation. Thank you to the outstanding staff that care deeply or our children!

Our son is completing his first year at the Loveland Classical Schools high school campus. It has been a WONDERFUL year for him. There is an atmosphere of respect and acceptance at LCS that is refreshing. The teachers are passionate about teaching while engaging and encouraging each student to reach their best potential. The administrative and teaching staff have been so supportive and encouraging. The student body has been very welcoming and inclusive. We’ve appreciated the built in study halls and after school academic support. Not only is there an emphasis on high academic standards, but developing the whole child and moral character development is a major focus as well. The twelve Core Virtues of Responsibility, Honesty, Generosity, Service, Perseverance, Loyalty, Forgiveness, Integrity, Courage, Humility, Prudence, and Temperance are taught, demonstrated and incorporated into the curriculum of academic excellence. We are grateful for LCS, the dedicated staff and the opportunity for our son to be a part of this student community. Gerry and Allyson Hernblom

Amazing staff, amazing curriculum! We are proud to be an LCS family. We especially love the classical curriculum and departmentalized education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My students are learning to think critically and incorporate other views and process multiple streams of information to form complex thoughts instead of simply regurgitating second-hand opinions.

Best school in Loveland, CO!!! The teachers care deeply for each student. The parents rally together when there is a need for volunteers, supplies, fundraising, student activities. It's a family! PLUS they are the only school in Loveland that is NOT COMMON CORE!! We teach Singapore Math making it an easier transition into higher math concepts. We use Riggs (phonics) to teach children how to read. This helps with unfamiliar words as they grow. We teach critical thinking through the use of seminars (group discussion) and everything centers on using source documents! My 5th grader can still recite the Preamble to the Constitution that he learned in 2nd grade! Now he is learning the Gettysburg Address. The Civil War Reenactment and Ball are yearly highlights, too! Our kids are thriving, we love the structure and the culture of respect. Come check them out if you are seeking a new home for your student! They have monthly open houses that really give you a flavor of our school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

LCS teaches Core Virtues. Generosity, Honesty, Responsibility, and Service in the elementary grades; Perseverance, Loyalty, Forgiveness, and Integrity in middle school; Courage, Humility, Prudence, and Temperance in high school. I have also been so impressed with the quality of character displayed by the upper class students whenever I have had the chance to observe around the school.

I love this school! My daughter has been attending LCS since kindergarten and I'm continuously impressed by the commitment of the teachers and the level of enthusiasm my daughter has about learning.

The school and the teachers truly care about the kids in their care. They care about what they teach and they care that each student is getting the best education and attention from them. We love the school and how involved we as parents get to be.

Loveland Classical School is a one of a kind educational experience!! My oldest son is in first grade and has always been a very voracious learner. As parents we have always been a little worried about him becoming bored or not challenged in a way that would nurture his amazing mind. LCS has been the best choice! He is excited every day! Departmentalization allows for fresh energy with each subject, exposure to a variety of approaches from teachers and in-depth knowledge in each subject. LCS sets up their students to be exceptional community stewards through the practice and implementation of core virtues. The teachers ask children to think and be active in their learning. The family-like community in this school is also another huge plus. Many of the teachers here go above and beyond their call of duty and provide many amazing experiences for their students on their "own time". These are things like civil war reenactments, classical nights, salsa dancing, madrigal dinners, socials and much, much more!! The teachers also participate in professional development on their own time, and unpaid! We are forever grateful that we have found LCS!

Having taught in a variety of schools over the last 17 years, I now find myself as a parent of a Kindergarten student. LCS has been a wonderful fit for our family. The high academic and behavioral expectations impress me daily. Emphasis is placed on character and virtuous living. The teachers see my child as an individual learner. Within the first month of school, we were asked if he could be integrated with students from other classes who were at a comparable literacy level. He absolutely LOVES having the opportunity to read with his friends in the 1st Grade class! Our family is VERY thankful to have the 'choice' of this school in our community!

Last modified Loveland Classical School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.