Public charter
Loveland, CO

Posted January 28, 2015
Loveland Classical School is a one of a kind educational experience!! My oldest son is in first grade and has always been a very voracious learner. As parents we have always been a little worried about him becoming bored or not challenged in a way that would nurture his amazing mind. LCS has been the best choice! He is excited every day! Departmentalization allows for fresh energy with each subject, exposure to a variety of approaches from teachers and in-depth knowledge in each subject. LCS sets up their students to be exceptional community stewards through the practice and implementation of core virtues. The teachers ask children to think and be active in their learning. The family-like community in this school is also another huge plus. Many of the teachers here go above and beyond their call of duty and provide many amazing experiences for their students on their "own time". These are things like civil war reenactments, classical nights, salsa dancing, madrigal dinners, socials and much, much more!! The teachers also participate in professional development on their own time, and unpaid! We are forever grateful that we have found LCS!

Posted January 28, 2015
Having taught in a variety of schools over the last 17 years, I now find myself as a parent of a Kindergarten student. LCS has been a wonderful fit for our family. The high academic and behavioral expectations impress me daily. Emphasis is placed on character and virtuous living. The teachers see my child as an individual learner. Within the first month of school, we were asked if he could be integrated with students from other classes who were at a comparable literacy level. He absolutely LOVES having the opportunity to read with his friends in the 1st Grade class! Our family is VERY thankful to have the 'choice' of this school in our community!

Posted January 23, 2015
Loveland Classical School is an amazing place. I see students in the hallway exited about core virtues like responsibility and honesty in first grade! I also see the passion the teachers have for each and every student and their subject. Second graders can classify insects! It's amazing to see, I am so excited for my children to attend next year, and be part of this community as a parent of an LCS Lion!

Posted January 20, 2015
My students have been at Loveland Classical Schools since the first year it opened. They could not be happier! They are learning how to learn at LCS. This school provides a core knowledge based elementary education which seamlessly leads to a classical secondary education. If you have never read or heard anything about classical education, I would highly suggest that you look into it. This style of learning is based on the fact that there is truth in the world to be sought after. The more that I learn about core knowledge and classical education, the more that I am satisfied that we chose LCS to be our school. I am so happy that my children are happy here, but really, even if they wanted to go to a different school, I would still choose LCS for them. It is worth it!

Posted January 10, 2015
As a grandparent of an LCS student, my hat is off to the faculty, staff, and parents of the many hard-working students at LCS. The staff's commitment to education and to the general well-being of their students is simply wonderful to observe. LCS stands out among schools as an example of how we as a society can help to support and provide our children with the power of analytical thinking an important tool for their future success.

Posted January 06, 2015
We have 2 students at LCS in 4th and 1st. What initially attracted us to LCS was their core virtues, core curriculum and classical teaching style; what has kept us here is not only the aforementioned, but mostly our kids love of *all* subjects from being taught by their 9 (each) passionate and enthusiastic teachers who teach the subject matter they love through the unique "departmentalization" approach in the elementary. Ask my 1st grader his favorite subject and he will say spelling. What other school can get students passionate about spelling? He routinely sounds out and spells words - complex words - at home on his own, and gets them right! LCS uses the Riggs program for reading/writing, and that seems to make all the difference. Ask my 4th grader, and she would say math. She loves solving the "algebraic" (2 or more unknowns) challenges given her, and does it using bar modelling! LCS teaches Singapore math which employs bar modelling to teach students to simplify complex problems through a clear, visual and logical methodology. We love LCS and can't imagine our kids attending anywhere else. Thank you, Thompson School District BOE, for offering this school of choice.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 05, 2015
I have a second grader at Loveland Classical Schools that has been attending since Kindergarten. Everyday after school she cannot wait to share about her day and she does it with such excitement. I feel that this is because she is mirroring back to me the excitement that her teachers present their subjects to her with. One of the best aspects of LCS is the departmentalized education in the elementary. The kids stay in the same classroom and have a different teacher for each subject. Each teacher is an expert in their subject, which means they are teaching what they are passionate about and this leads to better understanding on the part of the students. Overall, I have been so impressed with the staff, administration and the amount of learning taking place. LCS is definitely a great school!

Posted January 05, 2015
I have third and first grade students at Loveland Classical Schools. Starting a new school is an enormous challenge and takes years of continued progress. Although LCS may lack in resources at times, we have not been dissapointed in the quality of education and commitment to learning from teachers and staff. This year, we have seen significant progress with the growth and future plans of the school. LCS takes an innovative and unique approach to subject matter and expects an equal amount of commitment from parents and students. My children love attending LCS so much that they are dissapointed when they can't go! If you expect high levels of achievement from a school, parents, and students then LCS may be the right fit for you.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 01, 2015
We have witnessed tremendous growth in our children over the past 3 years while attending LCS. Upon transferring from a highly rated school district, our first grader was struggling with reading. Four weeks into the Riggs-based phonics program and she was soaring. Classical education is providing our children with critical thinking skills. Simply put, they are being taught how to think , not what to think.

Posted December 31, 2014
Loveland Classical has made such a positive impact in my children's lives that we are forever grateful for the school. Their focus on character education reiterates what is taught at home. The staff's passion for learning is contagious, and every day that I pick up my children from their school, they can't wait to tell me the amazing things they learned. Chemistry, classical literature, complex mathematical equations, battles that changed history, favorite classical composers, and an understanding and appreciation for different art techniques fill our conversation at dinner. We are so blessed to be part of this school and to have so many caring and passionate teachers. We have attended since the school opened in 2011 and have seen marked growth every year. We can't even fathom how it will improve next year.
4 people found this helpful

Loveland Classical School
3835 14th Street SW, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Loveland Classical School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loveland Classical School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top