Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 23, 2015
My students are learning to think critically and incorporate other views and process multiple streams of information to form complex thoughts instead of simply regurgitating second-hand opinions.

Posted September 28, 2015
Best school in Loveland, CO!!! The teachers care deeply for each student. The parents rally together when there is a need for volunteers, supplies, fundraising, student activities. It's a family! PLUS they are the only school in Loveland that is NOT COMMON CORE!! We teach Singapore Math making it an easier transition into higher math concepts. We use Riggs (phonics) to teach children how to read. This helps with unfamiliar words as they grow. We teach critical thinking through the use of seminars (group discussion) and everything centers on using source documents! My 5th grader can still recite the Preamble to the Constitution that he learned in 2nd grade! Now he is learning the Gettysburg Address. The Civil War Reenactment and Ball are yearly highlights, too! Our kids are thriving, we love the structure and the culture of respect. Come check them out if you are seeking a new home for your student! They have monthly open houses that really give you a flavor of our school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2015
LCS teaches Core Virtues. Generosity, Honesty, Responsibility, and Service in the elementary grades; Perseverance, Loyalty, Forgiveness, and Integrity in middle school; Courage, Humility, Prudence, and Temperance in high school. I have also been so impressed with the quality of character displayed by the upper class students whenever I have had the chance to observe around the school.

Posted May 10, 2015
I love this school! My daughter has been attending LCS since kindergarten and I'm continuously impressed by the commitment of the teachers and the level of enthusiasm my daughter has about learning.

Posted February 09, 2015
The school and the teachers truly care about the kids in their care. They care about what they teach and they care that each student is getting the best education and attention from them. We love the school and how involved we as parents get to be.

Posted January 28, 2015
Loveland Classical School is a one of a kind educational experience!! My oldest son is in first grade and has always been a very voracious learner. As parents we have always been a little worried about him becoming bored or not challenged in a way that would nurture his amazing mind. LCS has been the best choice! He is excited every day! Departmentalization allows for fresh energy with each subject, exposure to a variety of approaches from teachers and in-depth knowledge in each subject. LCS sets up their students to be exceptional community stewards through the practice and implementation of core virtues. The teachers ask children to think and be active in their learning. The family-like community in this school is also another huge plus. Many of the teachers here go above and beyond their call of duty and provide many amazing experiences for their students on their "own time". These are things like civil war reenactments, classical nights, salsa dancing, madrigal dinners, socials and much, much more!! The teachers also participate in professional development on their own time, and unpaid! We are forever grateful that we have found LCS!

Posted January 28, 2015
Having taught in a variety of schools over the last 17 years, I now find myself as a parent of a Kindergarten student. LCS has been a wonderful fit for our family. The high academic and behavioral expectations impress me daily. Emphasis is placed on character and virtuous living. The teachers see my child as an individual learner. Within the first month of school, we were asked if he could be integrated with students from other classes who were at a comparable literacy level. He absolutely LOVES having the opportunity to read with his friends in the 1st Grade class! Our family is VERY thankful to have the 'choice' of this school in our community!

Posted January 27, 2015
Loveland Classical Schools strives to teach our students in a creative manner, offering the support and encouragement of all great schools. One of the teaching approaches which helps us stand out is the fact that many of our teachers have been experts in their fields before they became teachers. They bring a passion to their students which motivates learning. We are a newer school and still growing (bursting at our seams, actually), and we are humbly able to state that we have been growing and developing into a better school every year. LCS is delighted to be an open school where we encourage parents to join us, assist us, and take part in many classroom activities. We love our community volunteers!

Posted January 23, 2015
Loveland Classical School is an amazing place. I see students in the hallway exited about core virtues like responsibility and honesty in first grade! I also see the passion the teachers have for each and every student and their subject. Second graders can classify insects! It's amazing to see, I am so excited for my children to attend next year, and be part of this community as a parent of an LCS Lion!

Posted January 20, 2015
My students have been at Loveland Classical Schools since the first year it opened. They could not be happier! They are learning how to learn at LCS. This school provides a core knowledge based elementary education which seamlessly leads to a classical secondary education. If you have never read or heard anything about classical education, I would highly suggest that you look into it. This style of learning is based on the fact that there is truth in the world to be sought after. The more that I learn about core knowledge and classical education, the more that I am satisfied that we chose LCS to be our school. I am so happy that my children are happy here, but really, even if they wanted to go to a different school, I would still choose LCS for them. It is worth it!

3835 14th Street SW, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Loveland Classical School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loveland Classical School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top