Public charter
Loveland, CO

Posted December 01, 2014
We love this school! High academic standards and high expectations for student conduct. From my high schooler who's being challenged and doing work more in line with what I saw in college (or never!) to my kindergartener who's learning so much and truly valued by his teachers, this school is amazing. Even some of the "growing pains" they've experienced with the staff and being a new school haven't affected the children getting a high quality education. I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants their child to be challenged academically and to learn good values. If you're wanting your child to get an easy "A" and to be the popular football star or head cheerleader, this place will leave you unsatisfied and isn't for you. This is a place for children to be challenged academically.

Posted October 22, 2014
My child has been going to this school for 4 years and we continue to be impressed by it. Starting a new school is tough, but every year it has only gotten better. The staff truly care about your child. Their passion for teaching is impressive. My child comes home with only positive things to say about classmates and teachers alike. Ive spoke teachers at other schools who worry about giving out work they deemed "to hard" for the class. I really appreciate LCS for recognizing that if taught well, children are able to learn ancient history or concepts like the scientific method in first grade. My child thrives on school being interesting. I will say that one downfall of LCS is that they are not perfect. No school is, and I'm okay with that! They strive more so than any school I've seen to better themselves and take feedback seriously. I truly appreciate that.

Loveland Classical School 2

Posted October 14, 2014
Terrible, mismanaged, very unorganized. Teachers lack experience and so do the leaders of the school. No direction.

Loveland Classical School 1

Posted August 27, 2014
Look into this school in every element. Be careful to sign up your children unless you have researched all aspects of learning, teaching, leadership, and everyday functionality. Getting in the lottery draw is easy as so many families leave there are frequent openings. People have characterized Charter schools as having more to offer than the public schools, but that does not hold true for this school. The elementary level is better, but grades 7-11 are not developed, they do not have the resources nor the equipment to educate higher level students. Not many options for social activities and sports. Very high rate of teacher turnover, and employees of all support services.

Loveland Classical School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
A local newspaper keeps writing about this school. Be fore you take into consideration of all of what they say, please remember that this school only three years old and still getting the kinks worked out. If you want to learn more about the school, go to the open house next time there is one.Thanks. =)

Posted April 22, 2014
The Core Knowledge curriculum with an emphasis on classics is fantastic! The Riggs system used to teach reading, writing, & spelling makes so much sense, as does Singapore math. The curriculum is academically challenging, but that's been good for my kids. My 5th grader told me she would be bored if she were back at her old school. Even at the elementary level, teachers focus on their specialty (history, English, math, science, etc.) My kids are learning so much, things that I never got to study in school (and I grew up in this school district). The teachers are fantastic, and the school community (parents, volunteers, etc.) is great. Class sizes are still large, but there are two teachers in the classroom, and students are held to a high standard of behavior. I'm also impressed with the character virtues that are emphasized. Every time I go to the school, there are students holding the doors open for me or offering me their chair, etc. There are also many extracurricular activities being offered (soccer, basketball, volleyball, track, Spanish club, choir, drama club, Battle of the Books club, knitting club, etc.) I'm grateful to have this option for my children's education.

Posted April 16, 2014
Loveland Classical Schools is a wonderful *choice* tuition-free charter school in Loveland, Colorado. We love this school, especially its departmentalization of the elementary school - where area-specific teachers in all the core curriculum (math, science, history and English) rotate through each elementary classroom teaching only the area they are passionate about! The elementary also rotates through art, PE, music and foreign language (Spanish or Latin, depending on grade level) each week. The teachers are absolutely wonderful and my kids love it! I have never seen such engaged students (not just mine) in classrooms. Come in for a visit (or attend an Informational Meeting) and you will see one of the best kept secrets in Loveland!

Posted April 09, 2014
Loveland Classical Schools doesn't look like most schools. Distractions on the walls, with attire and the overall environment are minimized for the sake of learning. Kids at our school know a lot about history, why history is important to our future and how it infuses all other areas of life. They also frequently get to 'live' history through the various events throughout the year whether they are in Kindergarten or High School! The teachers provide individual attention to any child who needs it in any subject whether they are struggling or need to be more challenged. We love the principal and his innovative ideas about education. Our kids are learning more than they ever did at a standard public school and we are grateful for the choice Loveland Classical Schools offers!

Posted April 09, 2014
Loveland Classical School is a one-of-a-kind place. Students at all levels have a different teacher for each subject. A Classroom Coordinator (in the elementary grades) is the consistent face in the room. Teachers are experts in their field--so excited and passionate about their subject. I love how my children chatter on and on at night about what they are learning. This school also teaches from source documents. Another one of my favorite things is the way this school teaches character education during their Core Virtues time. The students are not only learning how to have virtuous character but they are watching their teachers live it out for them day in and day out! I don't know of another public school that devotes time to teaching character like this school does. Our family LOVES this school! I would urge you to check it out!

Loveland Classical School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
Loveland Classical Schools has made tremendous growth in it's first three years. It's focus is on great character and academics. Offering Spanish from grades K-3, Latin from grades 4-8, and elective offerings of French, Spanish, Latin, and Greek, students are immersed in languages from an early age. The Singapore Math curriculum results in students averaging at least a grade level ahead by middle school. The RIGGS phonics program allows students to decode words, opening up the entirety of the English written word. The teachers are observed at least quarterly, and stay at least an hour late every day for staff development and discussion. Parents can keep up date of their students progress through projected grades posted on ParentPortal and parent-teacher meetings offered on selected Fridays. A fundamental tenant of Loveland Classical Schools is that by holding the standard high, students will achieve excellence. The mission of assisting parents in developing young minds with virtuous character, critical thinking skills, and a passion for learning to become exceptional community stewards is not just lip service, but the compass for the schools' educational community.

Loveland Classical School
3835 14th Street SW, Loveland, CO  80537
Last modified Loveland Classical School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loveland Classical School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top