Bad
Good

Amazing school with great leadership. This school will teach to all levels of students and are a great support system.

I already commented. The M\Sr High School in Lyons, Colorado, is one of the best. High grades, most go to college, small overturn, many students transfer to go here. We are proud of our School in Lyons, Colorado.

There's a new vice principal this year who really seems to care about the kids and the parents. Since most middle school kids and parents deal with the vice principle, this is a very important person at school. There are good and bad things about small school but having a reasonable person to go to is a real plus.

Although this school does have really great things about it, there are just some things, as a student, that I could live without. It is a very well-structured school and all the staff and faculty are always there to help encourage and persuade you to do well. But the thing I have a problem with is that it is just too small. I feel like it is so small that everyone has a set view on everyone. This makes it very hard to switch groups if you're not happy with the one you're in. Also due to the fact it's so small, it's more likely that you'll end up in a class that is overly concentrated with kids that are not best suited for you. Whether this is because they're snobby, are in tight cliques or are just not your right type, it's more likely that you'll end up in a bad class than at a bigger school. Last semester (Spring 2012) I ended up in a very small weight lifting class with less than 10 kids in it, with almost all the boys affiliated with football or some popular sport. Due to the fact I wasn't in a sport and didn't excersise, I was kind of the target of weekness and this really did get all my nerves and it made me lose confidence by the end of the year. It's just not everyone's pla

This school is awful!!! Please avoid it at all means. I had heard bad things prior to moving to this area from reliable friends but decided to try it out for myself which was a poor choice. I reret my choice for having left my child in this environment for even just a few months. Perhaps had you moved here from an extremely ghetto place where your school was horrific you might tolerate this school otherwise any other school would be a major improvement. Now I live in the same are and have to commute to my child's school and it is so worth it. Usually I am not the commuter type but there are so many many basic and rich experiences that are making a huge difference in my child's day to day. After leaving Lyons Middle School my child is learning so much and we are uplifted into a new phase. Please consider this review If you are undecided about places to live or schools--coming from a parent who is a teacher and dedicated parent. I have alway put my child first and not my convienence. As a teacher I have taught in a variety of settings and I have completed waldorf and montessori training as well as completed early childhood education degrees in the university level. Good Luck!

Our child just started at this school and we love the teachers. They are really connected with the children and seem to care how they are doing both academically and socially.

This school is excellent. We have one student in Middle school and one in High School. The teachers and counselor really cares about the students. The office staff is very helpful and caring including the vice principal and resource officer. Sports coaches are top notch. Cross Country and track Coaches are outstanding. Could use a soccer team for girls someday. A lot of excellent extra programs like choir and MESA for science studies outside of the classroom. The booster club provides so many opportunities for parents to be involved from parents listenting to literature reviews from middle students to volunteering in the various booster fundraisers for sports and other extracurricular activities.

excellent small school, kids get the attention they need, few problems and high test scores.

Last modified Lyons Middle/Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.