Manitou Springs, CO

Posted April 10, 2015
I have been more than disappointed with our experience at Manitou elementary and middle school. We moved into the area specifically because of what we had heard regarding the quality of the Manitou school system. There is indeed some serious issues that are not being addressed or swept under the rug by not only the teachers but the administration in charge. It is very apparent they are not looking out for the best interests of the students. It is a shame Manitou is being run by those who have no business working with kids or dealing with parents concerns. I for one will be choice out to a different district. Even though it will be at an inconvenience due to the fact we are so close to the schools, it is more important for my kids to be in a positive learning environment

Posted April 09, 2015
Unbelievably the worst experience! If there was a way to rate this school with no stars I would! No accountability for the staff, not so much the teacher's but the administration. Definite favorites among the school who are shown favoritism. Denial of bullying problems! If you care anything about your child's well being this school is not the right choice. May 2015-end of school year can not come soon enough!

Posted March 24, 2015
definitely bullying problems that aren't addressed by staff or counselors. they seem to have their favorites and only believe them... even when they are the ones doing the bullying. my student doesn't want to go to school and used to love school. can't wait until year is over to get out of this school and go elsewhere.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 03, 2015
Very, very disappointing! Denial of bullying problems. If you care about the type of learning environment your children are in I would not recommend this school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 26, 2014
Manitou Middle. This school treats these children better than I ever thought was a reality to find in a school. Our daughter loves going to school everyday and speaks highly of her teachers. This is no exaggeration, this is an honest rating and I want everyone to know.

Posted June 02, 2013
I heard MSMS was an excellent school and was looking forward to my child attending it. She went from making excellent grades in another district school to making poor grades in this school. There was a lot of bulling going and denial from teachers and staff. There were times when she did not want to go to school, because she didn't feel safe. I saw no security at the school and anyone could walk in. I will be cautious about what school I will put her in next year. final thought. what happened to reading -writing-arithmetic I for one tired of seeing checkers at stores trying to count your change
3 people found this helpful

Manitou Springs Middle School 2

Posted September 02, 2012
As a previous public school teacher and a parent of 2 students in the Manitou School district (who was hoping for the best after homeschooling for 4 years), I have been let down considerably (and I am not that difficult to please). The teachers are not prepared (when they are in class - too many subs!), the administration simply sweeps negative issues under the carpet and continues to support sub-par teachers. It's a disgrace, knowing that Manitou had such an incredible reputation for so many years (like 20 years ago). I will be looking to pull both my kids out of this district as soon as I can. It's a waste of their time.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 27, 2012
This is a small town school with large city vision! Thanks for what you do.

Posted February 27, 2012
We have been in a private school since preschool until the middle of 6th grade. I wish we would of found MAnitou schools a long time ago. We have tried DIst.11 it took only 7 weeks to go back to private school. Manitou Middle has a great Principal, teachers and staff. 5 stars to learning on the iPad. It has made my daughter more independent and responsible. She can ask her teacher questions anytime.

Posted February 07, 2010

Manitou Springs Middle School
415 El Monte Place, Manitou Springs, CO  80829
Last modified Manitou Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manitou Springs Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top