Bad
Good

Posted December 02, 2014
We moved our children from District 8 to this school. We are absolutely thrilled and elated by the quality of the education, staff, teachers, and leadership! Manitou has a whole child approach to their curriculum. From the moment we set foot in the front door, we were greeted by friendly and engaging staff, laughter, and classical music playing in the lunchroom to name a few. Their curriculum and approach to education is many years advanced to our old district. Manitou has a wide range of after school and gifted and talented programs. I could go on and on. We love this school and are here to stay!

Posted December 17, 2013
Great school with great teachers! They still have lots of programs to educate the whole child and the teachers and staff truly care about all the children. I would highly recommend MSES!

Posted June 07, 2013
District leadership is excellent. School administrative leadership has been great. True leadership has been demonstrated in the midst of challenges like creating 21st century learners and implementing a 1 to 1 device ratio in the district. Majority of teachers are great. I moved my family back into the district and have not been disappointed. The community support and parental involvement are top notch. I highly recommend.

Posted June 04, 2013
Great staff, great kids, unbeatable town! An eclectic student body that will help your kid see past appearances.

Posted January 26, 2012
My kids love going to school here. I have two kids that go to this school and they just love it. I moved my son here from another district and he said it is the best school he has gone to. The teachers are great and really care about their students. I think it is great going to a small school were everyone knows and looks out for your children. My son was below reading level when we came here and the literacy department worked so hard to get him to grade level in reading. I can't say enough nice things about this school. You wont go wrong with choosing MSES!

Posted January 09, 2012
My son just started here and I am extremely happy and excited about y decision. The principal is always available to chat, and is the sweetest man! The kiddos love him so much that on my tour every child would jump up to hug him. I have never seen anything like that before! Every teacher I met was full of enery and alive, kind and inviting! I was blown away at their genuine hospitality. My son's new teacher even hugged me goodbye when I left him on his first day. My family has moved a LOT in the past 5 years, and my sons have been to many schools. This one feels like one big family full of genuine people who actually care about each other. I can't wait to enjoy seeing the kids there and the staff the whole rest of this year!

Posted March 05, 2011
Most of the teachers here are fantastic and very genuinely care about the children in their classroom. The first grade teachers have a reputation for being amazing! You won't go wrong there. Parent involvement is fairly high and not only are you welcome as a parent but often encouraged to stop in the class and help out if you want to. Russ Vogel is an outstanding principal and knows the students by name. Academics is taught along with the arts which we believe is beneficial to elementary students. We have four children that attended MSES and we very highly recommend it.

Manitou Springs Elementary School 2

Posted August 03, 2008
My son attended this school and was being bullied at school. The school did very little about it. They say they have a no tolerance policy for these things, but I didn't find that to be true. Teachers and staff are nice, but that alone doesn't educate our children.

Posted January 04, 2008
Incredible school where they still have the courage and vision to teach the whole child in all subjects. Supportive academic relationships. My child has grown and flourished here.

Posted May 25, 2007
I enrolled my daughter into this school after hearing rave reviews about it. I have to say that this Is the best school district I have seen in a long time. The teachers are genuine and they really care about the children. My daughter went from being in a D-11 school who thought she was 'behind on reading and writing' and put her in a class for help, to a wonderful elementary school in manitou, where now she is in advanced reading and advanced math. she has excelled so much in just one year being in manitou. the after school programs are above the generic programs. I would recommend anyone who want their child to go to a school where they actually care and excel your child to be the best to go to manitou!

Manitou Springs Elementary School
110 Pawnee Avenue, Manitou Springs, CO  80829
Last modified Manitou Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.