Bad
Good

The past comments about bullying was apparently a clique of girls that have since moved on to the High School. This school is exceptional. The teaching staff and administration are committed to their students like few places I have encountered. There are academic and interest clubs as well a plenty of sports. This year the school's 6th and 7th grades won first place for region Brain Bowl. In the last 3 years the school has added over 5,000 new books to its library.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers here work as individuals, in teams and as a whole to to improve themselves. For the last two years teams have taken part of their summer break to attend the Tointon teacher Leadership Institute in Vail, then brought back what they learned and shared it withe all the staff.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is a strong emphasis on character education through the school's PRIDE program. Students are awarded PRIDE tickets when they are "caught" showing positive character traits. these tickets are turned in and a drawing occurs weekly, quarterly and annually fro prizes.

Definitely has a MAJOR BULLYING PROBLEM. The prinicipal Mr. Hruby is oblivious and shows no sign of correcting or even attempting to correcting the situation when it is brought to his attention! The school really needs peer intervention groups/conflict resolution. Completely disappointed with the priniciple and the school as a whole.

WARNING, the is school apparently used to be a good school but with the current administration the bullying and abuse in the school has run rampant. The administration does nothing but attack the victims telling them that that is just the way it is and even going as far as to say the victims brought the bullying on themselves. The bullies get disciplinary action rarely and in most cases not at all. Thus creating a violent and physiologically damaging environment. If possible DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD THERE.

I have a child heading to middle school next year. If any current middle school parents read this, can you give a review. Looking for insight as we are new to the area. Thank you!

I have been pleased with this school. My child is ready to move on to high school and has had a wonderful experience. The principals / vice principals policies are fair, consistent, and firm which is exactly what middle school students need. The staff is very united and caring and goes out of their way to connect with students. I wish parents were more active and supportive in their children's education rather than expecting the school to take full responsibility of their child's holistic growth.

I am absolutly gonna love MMS!!! 6th grade here i come!!!! I love all 6th grade teachers!

My kids and I love this school! We are new to the area and this school far exceeds thier old one in soo many areas.

I have had several conversations with Principal and staff. I rarely if ever hear positive feedback about our child. My spouse and I are very involved with our child and the schoolwork. We never hear of positive reinforcement or encouragement. I think this school is overrun with complacent employees. I've yet to find and visit with the teacher that is excited,motivated and driven to be and do the best. I can only hope that my childs time in this school goes fast. It is heartbreaking to see my child in such a funk ( almost depression ) because of this school. my child has had many success' in other schools, not here. My spouse and I are considering relocating due to this problem. My child shares with me stories of other students with butterfly knives. My child is not the staight 'a' student but is honest and has a kind heart.

Last modified Milliken Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.