Monument, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted October 14, 2013
This was my son's elementary school and I could not have asked for a better place for him. The teachers were great--they knew him and they got him. They kept him in line and pushed him on. The Gifted and Talented program was the best thing--I really miss our GT teacher and have kept in contact ever since. We still run into LPES teachers who remember him and remark on his growth. At least one teacher is destined for acknowledgement in his first novel and/or seating at his inauguration, whichever comes first. Truly love this school and its teachers and administrators.

Posted June 09, 2013
Amazing teachers, wonderful staff, committed administration, and lots of quality parent involvement. I cannot say enough good things about this school! They have great programs for any level of learning ability. I had to move away from the area and after two years I still get choked up because I can't send my kids to this school any more. It really is that amazing. In the 6 years my oldest son was attended I only remember two very small bullying problems that happened when kids moved in from out of state who felt like that had something to prove. The incidents were dealt with quickly, professionally, and in a way that benefited everyone. It seemed like 99% of the time all of the kids, every age and grade, were all friends and all very respectful to each other. If you have the opportunity to send your children here, do it!!

Posted November 19, 2011
Great school for all children. The before and after school enrichment programs are fabulous. This school has received many awards and has an excellent GT department.

Posted October 26, 2011
Lewis-Palmer Elementary School is truly a neighborhood school, even for those families who "choice in". The moment you walk through the front doors, it feels like you are home. The front office staff is always warm & welcoming to parents & children alike. The teaching staff is bar none...the best of the best! They are patient & professional yet bond deeply with the students because of their high expectations. The principal is a large part of this equation because she is a parent & manages the school with a mother's love...firm when needed, tender when necessary and always incredibly balanced. Parents are welcome & highly involved! I love our home, neighborhood & friends but the true reason we will never move from Woodmoor is because of LPES!!

Posted October 25, 2011
I have noticed that all the staff are very involved in the students and they make the parents feel welcome too. The curriculum is challenging for my 2nd grader and kindergartener and I am seeing them both rise to the challenge. I am very happy to have choice enrolled my kids to Lewis Palmer and look forward to the coming years there.

Posted October 24, 2011
We have now been to 3 different elementary schools with moving. LPES has by far been the best of those schools. The teachers are wonderful, the parents and after school enrichments have been a great asset. I would highly recommend LPES over any of the schools in Colorado Springs.

Posted October 24, 2011
I have 2 kids, boy in 6th Grade and girl in 3rd Grade. LPES offers the best GT program. We moved from NC to CO in 2008 and we are so pleased with the education our kids are receiving here. My son received highest honors May 2011 in the Explore Test offered through CBK. Ms Johnson, his GT Facilitator recommended this talent search. She is an amazing teacher among a staff of other great teachers! My daughter's teacher is Mrs Kaler, the best reading and writing teacher ever!! I am quite pleased with LPES!!

Posted October 24, 2011
I have 3 kids one just finished College Always got straight A's in LPES and LPHS he says he will Never forget the Great Teachers! and two of my kids are still at LPES, I know all the Teachers and they are all Great!! they give so much to the kids of their own time and funds because they love what they do! wouldnt go anywhere else!!!!

Posted October 24, 2011
Lewis Palmer Elementary School is a school of excellence. We moved to the school district two years ago and could not be more pleased. The school is always full of pride and cheer. The teachers are truly dedicated to each individual student's education and learning style. My children were able to adjust quickly to their new school and peers due to the nurturing and positive environment. One of my children has an IEP and the staff has been very patient and accommodating, ensuring that his educational needs are met and that the lines of communication are always open. It takes great teachers and staff to take the time to teach each individual based on their strengths, while helping to improve in areas of weakness. The only point of weakness I have seen thus far is, trying to find a way to connect with other parents and busy families.

Posted October 24, 2011
Our family relocated to Monument in 2001 and our children are attending D38 public schools since 2004. From the beginning, we were impressed with the level of highly qualified educators, principals, and staff as well as the always very welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the building. Striving for excellence while looking at the "whole child" was always a goal for the school (as well as the entire district). Staying up-to-date with new technologies and best tools in the class room while being fiscally responsible and managing a balanced budget are also important achievements at our school. Our family never had to worry about what teacher our children will get after summer break, because they were all great but the teachers in collaboration with the principal and the support staff always matched them up with the best teacher. From "Gifted and Talented" to "Special Needs" - ALL children receive the attention and warmhearted care they deserve. You couldn't find a better school for your children.

Lewis-Palmer Elementary School
1315 Lake Woodmoor Dr, Monument, CO  80132
Last modified Lewis-Palmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis-Palmer Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top