Public charter
Monument, CO

Monument Charter Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 21, 2015
Very caring and qualified staff who take time to invest in each student's success. Happy students

Posted April 29, 2015
We have been at Monument Academy a few years but this is our first year in the Middle School program. It has exceeded my expectations in EVERY way. I recall that being such an awful experience for me personally. My child has just thrived. Teachers far more caring and communicative than I expected. Getting insight and feedback has been easy. I especially like the science and math program. The science fair is top notch. Just getting into school sports. The coaches have been great. My child does band and that has been a positive as well. Bravo to administration and staff for creating such a positive learning environment.

Posted April 28, 2015
BEST SCHOOL EVER! Can't believe what I just read about the preschool and the principal only caring about money. What planet are they from? Caring teachers who love on my daughter and a Principal that communicates with us the parents. My two other children thrive at Monument Academy. I am always surprised that in a preschool which we pay for, people stay to only complain. I am glad I have a chance to share the real news about Monument Academy..a 5-star school!

Posted April 27, 2015
The administration of this school cares about one thing..money. Our children started at Monument Charter in the preschool program. We tolerated the tiny closet-sized rooms because of the compassionate amazing preschool teachers. Once we got into K, things starting changing. The principal tries to convince all incoming K families they MUST do ALL DAY K because she claims children will fall behind if they only do half-day K. This can't be farther from the truth. Our older children who did 1/2 K at another school are excelling! Principal Richards just wants your money! Half-Day K is FREE. FULL DAY is NOT! The principal has crammed two half-day K classes into 1 classroom just to make the 1/2 program look less appealing. On Fridays, both the AM & PM classes come to school! There is NO room for all these children! It's miserable for everyone! The principal could care less. She's all about quantity...NOT quality. The preschool program is the only thing good at this school! Use their preschool, then get out of there quick!

Posted March 27, 2015
I just happened to browse through this website. I have my children at MA. I was appalled by the negative comments about our administration. My kids have been at the school for eight years all together. The leadership has never been better. The spirit of our school is so positive, loving, supportive, I could go on..... These parents obviously never took advantage of speaking to anyone. MA is an excellent school. My children who have gone on to high school are more than prepared. They look back on their training at MA with nothing but gratefulness.

Posted March 13, 2015
My family is very happy at Monument Academy. I know all schools have some unhappy/disgruntled families. Chances are they will not be happy wherever they go. I have two children in the elementary grades and do not have any complaints. My children started at another D20 charter school and when we made the transfer to MA it was life changing. The teachers and staff are all very caring and the environment has a relaxed, safe feel. The curriculum is appropriate and rigorous. They teach the children to think and reason and have open discussions in the classrooms. The homework is very reasonable and allows for after school activities and family time. Monument Academy was the BEST choice for our kids.

Posted March 12, 2015
Terrific! The staff in this school go above and beyond with their investment in the students. My child, in fourth grade, has had wonderful teachers. They are strong, positive role models. She really looks up to them and responds to them well. Academically, I couldn't want for more. Beyond academics, the teachers that my child has had have been very in tune with the emotional issues of growing up as well. They have made themselves very available to my daughter and myself. The aftercare program in this school system is of the highest caliber. I have always worked with my daughter at home to help her and will continue, as education is much more than just the school she attends. I will say that I could not be more pleased with this school system, from the principal to the maintenance staff.

Posted March 11, 2015
It is so nice to be a part of a school where I am listened to as a parent. When I exercised my parental rights and refused to allow my child to take the PARCC exam, Monument Academy s Administration was understanding and listened to my objections. My experience at Lewis Palmer High School was not so pleasant. I was not allowed to turn in my refusal form as I was told I would need to make an appointment with the Principal to explain in detail my reason for refusing. Also, I was told my high schooler would not be allowed to take part in AP courses since he did not take the exam. What a difference between Monument Academy and Lewis Palmer High School.

Posted January 21, 2015
poor leadership should be investigated for various issues that are ignored by the admin and board principal and board need to go asap Teachers however mostly good school acts as if bullying is ok despite what they may tell you higher up staff calls it "hazing" and yes stealing is apparently ok also god forbid your child brings a lock! also called" hazing" btw 6th 7th and 8th graders routinely abuse 1st 2nd and 3rd graders and staff does nothing principal call say it just kids being kids and joke about it. WHEN A 11 12 OR 13 YEAR OLD HITS SHOVES OR OTHERWISE ASSAULTS A 5 6 OR 7 YEAR OLD THAT BORDERS ON CRIMINAL! homework is a joke for any grade my older child does it in school because it is usually about 10 minutes worth of homework My younger one gets 1 page a week or so. And dont vet me started on the drop off and pickup situation it takes close to 2 hours each an everyday and fridays are even more fun oh and the tardys and detention they give when a kid is late because of the zoo outside that end up on your kids permanent record. this school is a waste of tax dollars as long as the current admin and board are in place my kids will not attend next year.

Posted January 21, 2015
I'm not the biggest fan of Monument Academy. My daughter was bullied through out elementary school and nobody did anything about it. My daughter was to the point where she needed to be put In therapy because of it. Middle school has been better with the bullying but now the issue is theft. She's constantly getting stuff taken out of her locker. I can't stand the principal. She's very scripted, and doesn't seem to actually care. The line in the morning is the worst of all. They have no clue what they are doing outside. All that money they get, why can't they get a bus? I can go on and on about that school, but I don't think there's enough space. I won't be putting my kids back into MA

Monument Charter Academy
1150 Village Ridge Point, Monument, CO  80132
(719) 481-1950
Last modified Monument Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monument Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 114 reviews. Top