Public charter
Monument, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted October 17, 2014
Once again, the scores are in and Monument Academy outperformed the other middle school in District 38. Additionally, MA middle school was ranked the highest in middle school math scores for both district 38 and district 20. Way to go, MA! Always knew you had the best and brightest teachers who go the extra mile for your students!

Posted September 20, 2014
What an awesome school! From carpool to front desk to teaching staff the school takes great care of all students. Having experienced car pool at different schools, yes it is hectic but that is the nature of the beast. The car pool staff and volunteers take great care in operation and even assist students in and out of cars. We consider MA part of our family!!

Monument Charter Academy 1

Posted August 22, 2014
I took my children for their first day of school on 08/20/2014 and got to experience the nightmare of carpool drop-off and pickup. I never seen a more disorganized operation in my entire life, no one seemed to be in charge and there was no one present to deal with non-compliant parents. What are you people doing (administrators)? How am I suppose to trust you with the safety of my children, let alone with their education? Please get it together, or I will be removing my children from your school

Posted June 24, 2014
The latest rankings are out, and once again Monument Academy leads the way in District 38 - in both elementary and middle school test scores. Out of 418 middle schools, MA was ranked #31, LP was #47. Out of 887 elementary schools, MA was ranked #86, Kilmer #124, Bear Creek #126, Prairie Winds #128, LP #138 and Palmer Lake #337. While I have no experience with the elementary school sections, the middle school has succeeded in challenging my child, advancing her knowledge and curiosity, and helped her grow in social situations. Homework load is reasonable at about one and a half hours a night - enough but not too much since she is also involved in sports, church youth programs, scouting, etc. Some classes have no homework as the instructors prefer to teach and have homework done in class so they can ensure that the concepts are understood. I love that - makes our evenings at home so much more relaxing. The math department has everything from basic math to high school geometry, so all students can be challenged according to their needs. (That is where most of my child's homework is - in the realm of math...) Best math teacher for algebra we have ever experienced.

Monument Charter Academy 2

Posted June 23, 2014
My Daughter has been in Classical education her entire scholastic career. We moved and of course decided on this school. First the positives. She has had some wonderful teachers. Now the negatives. I watched as my daughter was bullied in school, made fun of by fellow students, Got in trouble for posting a complaint that a fellow student was posting rumors about her. She was verbally reprimanded by the Admin. Admin did not address the issue at all. Her grades have slipped. I have watched a girl that was excited about going to school change to one that tolerated school. It is not academically rigorous here at all. She came from a Classical school in Colorado Springs in which 4 hours of homework was the norm. Here we had 15 mins if that. She was not challenged here. The students here do not reflect the Character that I have personally seen in other Classical school. One of the other reviewers stated there is an elitist mentality at this school and I cant find a better description. Our daughter will not be returning. Have nothing to gain just wish I knew before we wasted 2 years here.

Posted May 23, 2014
We just finished the best year ever at MA! The middle school is the strongest it has been with full program offerings and super strong teachers in every class. As a parent, I couldn't be happier with my child's education. I can't believe the quality we get and it is public education.

Posted May 12, 2014
This is a great school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MA is amazing because you are able to have fun and earn a education!

Posted May 01, 2014
MA is a great school, we have never had any problem with teachers, coaches, admin, etc. Two of our children are in high school now after graduating from MA and are at the top of their classes taking advanced courses. I credit that to the academic base they got from MA. MA is not perfect, no school is. But they offer the strongest middle school academics in the area (this is confirmed by the state testing scores). Also, there is a diversity of opinion that is promoted by the teachers and accepted by them. As for activities, they have tremendous drama, band, and debate programs, as well as very good cross country, track, and soccer programs.

Posted February 19, 2014
Monument Academy is a gem in this area. My two children are not neurotypical and the special education department has smart and caring people. I was pleasantly surprised since our previous public school experiences in Seattle were abysmal, including the teacher insulting my son to his face. I'm an east coast liberal, born and bred, so the conservative, white, overwhelmingly Christian atmosphere of the school is a little hard on me at times. Still, they treat all the children well, being that differences of opinion and creativity not of the mold are encouraged. Very impressed. We may be moving soon for work and we sill sorely miss this school.

Posted January 09, 2014
As a new parent to this school - after a semester under our belt, this is by far the best middle school in a 30 mile radius. (And we, as a large family, have experience with several in the 30 mile radius, public, private and charter) Teachers are caring, involved and helpful. They obviously want each child to succeed. If you are looking for a school, check this one out. Beware of negative reviews that are over three years old - to me, it is obviously a very different school than the one that was recently reviewed by a parent whose children attended over four years ago. This school is academically challenging, does require lots of homework, and prepares the middle school student for the rigors of high school. We could not be happier with this school and it's very dedicated teachers.

Monument Charter Academy
1150 Village Ridge Point, Monument, CO  80132
(719) 481-1950
Last modified Monument Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monument Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top