Posted October 30, 2012
We left Monument Academy to attend PWES. We couldn't be happier. The overall atmosphere of the school is calm, welcoming, respectful and excellent. The principal is outstanding. It is an absolute breath of fresh air to witness a professional at the top of her game. She clearly inspires, supports and trusts her staff to excel in the classrooms. My only regret is not having left Monument Academy soon after the new principal came on board. MA can't hold a candle in any respect to PWES. My child loves this school and the teachers. There is zero tolerance for bullying which is a complete change from our experience with MA where they talked about bullying but did nothing to enforce anti-bullying policies. PWES should be the gold standard for the district on both the discipline and academic approach.

Posted February 08, 2012
This is a great school. The academic standards are high and the teachers are excellent. The programs and opportunities for high ability/gifted children are impressive and there is a true emphasis on maximizing each individual child's abilities. It is a very nurturing, kind and caring environment and we love having our kids at this school.

Posted January 17, 2012
This is school is sooo fantastic! I do not know where to begin! The teachers are incredibly skilled and brilliant! I love that my daughter comes home happy and singing or reciting something she has learned that day! She is engaged and the atmosphere is sooo positive! The staff all coordinate and exude teamwork! Wonderful leadership and the PTO and parents all make this a Gem! Love it! I come away smiling every day too! This school is good for the entire family! We all feel that this was the best school we could have found in Colorado!

Posted February 20, 2011
We have loved Prairie Winds Elementary! So far my daughter has been challenged appropriately, always is excited to go to school, and has thrived academically and socially. Their test scores are on the top in this school district. We had initially considered D20 and are really happy that we stayed in D38. I would not hesitate to recommend our district to the most demanding parents that still want to put their kids in public school...

Posted February 11, 2011
In 2004 I enrolled my first child in Prairie Winds Elementary. Since then I have enrolled 3 more. Between the four I have had the opportunity to work closely with the faculty to design and implement the best educational experience for each of my children. Between my children they have needed Occupation, Physical, and Speech Therapies, ELL Services, multiple IEP's for reading and writing, and recently, Gifted classes. Not only has Prairie Winds acknowledged and met their physical and intellectual needs they have been attentive to their emotional needs as well. From age 6 to 12 is a very tender time in a childs life and I have been so surprised, relieved, and thankful for the time and tenderness the faculty has shown to each of them in their personal challenges. I have seen and felt the sincere interest and concern they have for my children. How lucky we have been to have found Prairie Winds! Thank You!

Posted February 06, 2011
Prairie Winds isa an amazing school! The teachers are some of the best I have seen. The school community works together to provide the best learning experience possible. The PTO has achieved amazing things. The technology in the school is the most advanced I have seen. The leadership team is incredible. Every one in the communty works together. Students are happy, engaged and learning. My children love being at Prairie Winds as do I!

Posted February 04, 2011
My daughter is at PW and we value highly the fact that they are teaching them to think critically, not just layering in information year by year. They earnestly endeavor to see the student as an individual with differing gifts and challenges and teach them accordingly.

Prairie Winds Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2009

Prairie Winds Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2008
My daughter transfered in for 5th grade from CA. Although the academic standards were lower and work quality not measured to as high of standards as we'd seen in the San Ramon School District, the extracurricular activities offered were amazing! Needs a great science program! Great to see teachers and staff willing to give extra time to promote the arts, reading and games of skill. Our daughter's experience was positive overall.

Posted June 29, 2007
Very proactive parents, very involved in school and school district meetings and interfacing with faculty and school board. Community demographic is high functioning, some retired military too. Located in safe, quiet neighborhood surrounded by upscale homes. Feeds to Lewis Palmer Middle School and eventually the new Palmer Ridge High School. Looping grades (i.e. same teacher for 2nd & 3rd grade). School is new, well maintained. Restrooms are pristine and immaculate.

Prairie Winds Elementary School
790 King's Deer Point East, Monument, CO  80132
Last modified Prairie Winds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Winds Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top