PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

"Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful." This is the theme for the 2015-2016 school year. We work each day to incorporate this into our interactions with each other. We have made significant progress on our Five Year Strategic Plan that was finalized in January of 2015. Instructional Practices *We have added Junior Great Books in First through Fifth Grade for more critical thinking. *Teachers have received training in Classroom Instruction that Works. Technology *Teachers are receiving training on Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works. *We have purchased 40 Chromebooks and 20 iPads for mobile technology in the classrooms. Middle School *The Exploratory Options include Newspaper, Drama, Computer Coding, Robotics, and Rocketry. Facility: *We are raising funds for our new playground. Our goal is to have the playground installed during the 2016 summer! Please contact the school to see first hand that we are committed to providing an enriching, Christian educational experience for all children.
February 22, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The children are taught to be the hands and face of Christ to each other. I love the 4 part apology that the children use to repair a wrong. If there is a problem that the adults are not aware of, all it takes is a phone call for the teachers and principal to address the issue.

Supports LD students: Agree

Each of my children have different learning styles and needs. With the small class sizes, there is not slipping through the cracks. The reading interventionist has worked with one of my children to bring her up to grade level. I feel each of my children are valued for their uniqueness.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Principal at the school knows every child by name. She also has an in depth understanding of each child's learning strengths and weaknesses. She works closely with teachers and parents to make sure that every child is challenged and growing.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My oldest is learning to set personal goals and then determine if he has achieved that goal. He is learning how to plan projects and follow through.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher we have had is caring and my children love learning. I know they are spending hours preparing their lessons and grading the work. I so appreciate how much my children are growing academically.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework has purpose and meaning. My children have learned to take responsibility for their work and plan for activities. This is such a critical skill for success at high school and college!

We just absolutely LOVE this school! I have 3 children in the school and every teacher has been professional and exceptional teachers. The classrooms are nurturing and enriching with a strong faith based environment. We are so blessed to have St. Peter Catholic School.

I disagree with the comments regarding no challenge for the gifted students. My kids have been at St. Peter for 3 years, both are extremely bright, and they are challenged and working on academics that are 1-2 years ahead of their grade level. The school also has a Reading Interventionist and Math help for any students who need extra assistance. For a small school, they have lots of resources. We also have a brand new playground for K-8. The students at St. Peter have no problem using their imaginations and creativity on the playground and at any recess. Our kids get more recess time and lunch time than many of the public schools. When reading reviews on this page, be mindful that the same person can post 8 reviews and make it look like they are from different families. This website is not the best place to get information to help you make your decision on schools in the area. You should tour the schools in which you are interested and make up your own mind.

The curriculum at St. Peter's feels very hodge-podge. We are new to this school, and we are not off to a good start. We really wanted our kids at a Catholic school, but this one is disappointing so far. My children are bored, confused, and frustrated. The school's curriculum is well behind our kids' last school's. There is no gifted program here, and the teachers & kids don't seem able to accommodate gifted learners very well. My sweet kids really haven't made any friends yet, two months into school. It is very sad for our family. Also, there's no playground, though the school keeps promising one. My kids miss having a fun recess. We are re-thinking our choice of St. Peter and are looking at the D-38 schools. All of our neighbors speak highly of the local public schools.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

There is no gifted program here. Gifted learners are left bored and unchallenged, School- and homework is lots of busy work.

Last modified St. Peter Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8