PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

"Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful." This is the theme for the 2015-2016 school year. We work each day to incorporate this into our interactions with each other. We have made significant progress on our Five Year Strategic Plan that was finalized in January of 2015. Instructional Practices *We have added Junior Great Books in First through Fifth Grade for more critical thinking. *Teachers have received training in Classroom Instruction that Works. Technology *Teachers are receiving training on Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works. *We have purchased 40 Chromebooks and 20 iPads for mobile technology in the classrooms. Middle School *The Exploratory Options include Newspaper, Drama, Computer Coding, Robotics, and Rocketry. Facility: *We are raising funds for our new playground. Our goal is to have the playground installed during the 2016 summer! Please contact the school to see first hand that we are committed to providing an enriching, Christian educational experience for all children.
February 22, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 13, 2016
Each teacher we have had is caring and my children love learning. I know they are spending hours preparing their lessons and grading the work. I so appreciate how much my children are growing academically.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 13, 2016
The homework has purpose and meaning. My children have learned to take responsibility for their work and plan for activities. This is such a critical skill for success at high school and college!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 13, 2016
My oldest is learning to set personal goals and then determine if he has achieved that goal. He is learning how to plan projects and follow through.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 13, 2016
These are some of the most respectful and polite students I have ever met. When I have volunteered in the school, the students always say please and thank you. I've seen older students care for a younger student when they have seen them fall. The traditional respect for the American flag is a beautiful thing to witness.

St. Peter Catholic School 5

Posted March 13, 2016
We just absolutely LOVE this school! I have 3 children in the school and every teacher has been professional and exceptional teachers. The classrooms are nurturing and enriching with a strong faith based environment. We are so blessed to have St. Peter Catholic School.

St. Peter Catholic School 1

Posted March 11, 2016
The curriculum here is narrow and small-worlded. Please do read all of the comments here and take the critical ones seriously. The children at St. Peter's have almost no opportunity to explore their own interests or to express themselves through creative writing, poetry, art, or music. Reading for fun is practically forbidden; it must be done only for AR tests or worksheets. The foreign language curriculum is pitiful. Children likewise can't express themselves at lunch, which has long periods of mandatory silence. Nor can they express themselves in the hallways, which must be silent and where their own creations are rarely on display. Likewise, they can't express themselves at car pick-up time, where they must stand silently. Nor can they express themselves at recess, as there is no playground for them to play and move on. Parents are right to desire faith education for their kids, but the overall stifling environment here is too negative. Faith education can't possibly make up for all of the negativity in the curriculum and the discipline style of this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted March 11, 2016
I'd rather see more creativity in the classroom. I haven't seen my elementary school children do any poetry. They haven't done much, if any, expressive writing. They haven't created any art in their classrooms. They don't have any free time to read. The classrooms here are structured so tightly that children have no opportunity for self-expression or for pursuing their own interests. I'd like to see the teachers learn how to allow children a bit of the freedom to make learning truly fun and interesting.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 11, 2016
Honestly, I think there is way too much homework in the lowest grades at St. Peter. Kids that age need to be outside playing after school, not spending hours each evening at the kitchen table doing homework.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted March 11, 2016
My own child has many classmates that don't seem to ever do their homework, or at least they never bring it. My child also reports a lot of kids goofing off in class and not taking their study time seriously. This is disappointing.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 11, 2016
I see children here being polite and respectful of adults. But during morning drop-off time, for example, when the children congregate relatively unsupervised in the parking lot, I see cliques and clusters develop which--day after day--ostracize some children. What a painful way for those kids to start their day.

124 First Street, Monument, CO  80132
Last modified St. Peter Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8