PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

"Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful." This is the theme for the 2015-2016 school year. We work each day to incorporate this into our interactions with each other. Each month we are focusing on a corporal and spiritual work of mercy that includes a service project component. It is important that the students learn what it means to live their faith in addition to learning true Catholic doctrine. We are excited to have a mobile learning lab of 20 iPads along with 40 chromebooks. Teachers are receiving training in how to incorporate technology into the classroom with our mobile technology and the computer lab. This year we are adding the Exploratory time for our students in 5th - 8th grade. They have the opportunity to choose drama, newspaper, rocketry, computer coding, multi-media, chess club or study hall. This is the principal of St. Peter Catholic School and I apologize to the family who had a negative experience. We are a young, growing school and we are blessed to have committed parents, teachers, administration and a pastor who are working together to improve our school. We want to share all the wonderful things that happen each day. I hope that any interested family would take time to visit the school and see first hand that we are committed to providing an enriching, Christian educational experience for all children.
September 18, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 28, 2016
The teachers are open to feedback and they work hard to help every child grow academically. I appreciate a teacher who takes the time to let me know how we can work together as a team to help my child reach his goals. I have found this to be true at this school. It seems as though the teachers genuinely care about each student in their class.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 28, 2016
The homework is not anything I wouldn't already be doing with my child, like reading every night and practicing those foundational skills such as math facts and writing.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted January 28, 2016
This school has high test scores, which tells me that there are high expectations for the students. I see this as a great quality in a school. Even though the bar is set high, I have seen teachers meet students at whatever level they are in order to help them achieve realistic goals for themselves.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 28, 2016
The students are held to a high standard of respect at this school, and it is definitely not a one way street as the teachers and staff demonstrate this behavior too.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted January 28, 2016
In the time that we have been at this school, there have always been several service projects throughout the school year. It's important for our kids to learn about helping others at an early age, in order to develop this desire for stewardship into adulthood.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted January 28, 2016
I chose this school over public schools because I like the fact that teachers can rely on our Catholic Faith as a primary teaching tool in the day-to-day issues that come up in a child's life.

St. Peter Catholic School 4

Posted January 28, 2016
This school is a pleasant place to be. The faculty and staff are welcoming, the parents have been helpful and the children seem to have strong friendships with their peers as well as solid bonds with their teachers.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 28, 2016
Thank you to the teachers at St. Peter Catholic School for making this a happy place for my children to learn. I am blessed to not have to worry at all about my kids during the day, and I always look forward to the stories they fight to tell once they get in the car each afternoon.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 28, 2016
I often see teachers still working in their classrooms late into the evening. I think they work very hard to provide the students with meaningful lessons that are engaging and meet everyone's needs. I know that many of the teachers at this school offer additional help during recess and after school hours.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 28, 2016
On most days, the homework load is manageable. There are occasions when my children are required to put in a bit more time. For instance, whenever there are projects it does take some extra effort. But this seems to be preparing them for the increasing demands of the higher grades. I do appreciate that the homework is meaningful and not just "busy work."

124 First Street, Monument, CO  80132
Last modified St. Peter Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Peter Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 105 reviews. Top