No rating

Silver State Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 80 students

We are best known for spirit-filled 5-star education.

Living in Morrison

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $237,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted January 28, 2014

We are very pleased with Silver State. The teachers pray for and genuinely care about each student. The academics are challenging, but with the small class size the students are able to meet the expectations and thrive while doing so. The kids come first at Silver State because the teachers want the same thing as the parents - they want the children to succeed. We are so thankful to have found this school.

Posted January 24, 2014

This school is the best the teachers and entire staff are so caring , they are highly qualified and are so involved with the students they truly care about each child . The education my children receive is unremarkable I'm so impressed by how smart both my children are. I drive 40 mins each way just so my daughter receives the best education and treatment possible. I have 3 daughters 1 who went to Silver State since kindergarten until 8th grade, who would still be there if there were a high school, a 1st grader who is excelling and loves to be in school, and an infant that will attend Silver State when she starts kindergarten. I made the mistake of trying different schools twice just for it being more convenient and I've regretted it both times. Silver State is home for my children , I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful place for my daughters to grow play and learn from a great Christian curriculum. It feels good to know when I drop my daughter off in the morning shes in the best hands and is safe. Mr.C the principal has done a fabulous job over the years. As a very over protective mother I couldn't ask for a better school with such wonderful teachers.

Posted December 18, 2013

Silver State is one of the best private Christian Schools in Denver. As a parent, I've been involved with private schools since 2002 so we're familiar with other schools in Denver. The high standards of academic excellence and years of cumulative bible teaching at SSCS are just a couple strong attributes. Our daughter enjoys attending Silver State and has been taught solid study habits and individualized learning skills and her SAT scores have surpassed her academic age with improvement each year. We attribute this to the time, dedication and care of the teachers, the smaller class sizes & quality of the curriculum. Over the past 4 years, our daughter has also learned to play the piano through private lessons, sing in the school choir, play multiple instruments in Band and was thrilled to land a part in the school play production held each year. The fine arts have impacted her for life! We couldn't be more pleased with the school, the staff, the parent's Patriot Club, the programs and the administration. It is a truly remarkable and committed school that helps children achieve academic excellence with individual achievement. The middle school rocks!

Posted November 12, 2013

I have 4 children that go to this school and we absolutely love it! The education they have received is top notch. I love that they are hearing about God every day in the classroom as well. My husband and I go hand in hand with this school.

Posted April 18, 2013

I could not be happier with the teachers and the level of academic education my child is receiving. Finally a school that diligently focuses on reading, writing and arithmetic in a warm environment.

Posted April 15, 2013

I really cannot recommend this school enough. Both my daughter, 6 and Son, 7 go there and are in Kindergarten and 1st grade. The advances they have made have been incredible and they are doing things with little struggle that local public schoolchildren are doing 2 grades higher. The amount of time, attention, and detail that the teachers have with the kids in these small classes really pays off.

Posted February 21, 2013

Great school . The teachers are extremely caring. You can see they take interest in every single student and want them to succeed. We could not be happier with the quality of education our child is receiving at Silver State.

Posted October 16, 2012

Wonderful school! The teachers are warm and committed to the children. The classrooms are geared toward making learning fun and interesting. Silver State has provided our family everything we are looking for in a school.

Posted August 1, 2012

This is the best school. They start taking kids potty trained at 30 months. The achedemics are serious, and they are completely committed to caring for the child. I am so glad that both my kids have been able to attend.

Posted April 11, 2011

We have been a part of this school for over 6 years. My boys have been taught a Christian based education that they have truly enjoyed. The teacher's involvement has been excellent. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who wants their children to be taught that God is the center of their life. The only thing that would be a disappointment would be the lack of extra-curricular activities.

Posted November 3, 2009

I love this school! I have been in this school since preschool. The best part is each teacher concentrates on each student to help them do the best they can!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 15, 2008

My daughter attended the 1/2 day K4 last year and is currently in Kindergarten. The faculty are great. They not only build knowledge in their students, but also help them learn great life lessons. We are thrilled with the academic achievement of our daughter. She is reading just about everything we put in front of her. Her language and math skills are impressive (she even corrects her parents when we dont say something right). The teachers do a great job in building a solid foundation for future learning.

Posted December 13, 2007

I gave 2 kids that attend this school. They are in Kindergarten and first grade. I have been very impressed with the level of education that they have been receiving. My 5 year old has already learned to read and has an interest in reading and learning that I wish I would have had at her age. My first grader shows similar interest with exceptional results. I highly recommend this school to anyone that wants to give their kid(s) a quality education in a Christian enviroment.

Posted November 30, 2005

I was invited to attend a friend's K5 graduation at Silver State last year. After being completely blown away by the program the students put on (including a display of all subjects learned, most impressively their incredible reading skills at such a young age), I immediately decided I wanted my child in this school! My son is now in K4 this year, and I am daily amazed at what he is learning, not only academically, but also socially, behaviorally, and on and on I could go. I love his little friends, and the teachers are not only professional, but also love the students and it shows greatly!

Posted September 5, 2005

This school has very little extra-curricular activites. There aren't clubs that a child could join. There is very little variety in sports. Many important life skills are not being taught at this school. CFS doenst even exist at Silver State. If one wanted thier child's horizons broadened, then i do not reccommend placing your child in this school.

Posted April 15, 2005

Silver State is a private school with a Christ-centered basis for all areas of teaching. Most of the curriculum is taugh from a Biblical veiwpoint. The teachers are godly men and women who truly care for the children they are teaching. Available to the elementary students are classes such as physical education, library, music, choir, band, art and computer. Parents are welcome to participate in many areas of the students school day from lunch duty, library helpers, or playground supervision.

Posted January 13, 2005

High college prep academics and music programs. All atendees/families have a very similar faith (Baptist). This is a non-demoninational school, but emphasis on relgious education is centered around Baptist belief system. Conservative dress code. High expectations on student behavior and self government. Low student/teacher ratios. Teachers try to build relationships with students, not just teach them. Limited classes outside of basic academics, but working on including more variety. Great school.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

• French

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 a.m.
  • Melvin Cacayorin
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (303) 922-4573

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious