Posted December 18, 2014
We have been at Niwot Elementary for several years is this school is EXCELLENT. The differention focus is terrific and has served all three of my children well. The children are not behind other schools by 4th grade - I have a 4th grader now and my child as well as her peers are doing very well. I volunteer often so I get to see the progress of these children first hand. The teachers are really good - all three of my children have been happy. The teachers are high quality, caring, communicative, and accessible. I have never had an issue with any teacher in the many years we have been with the school. The school continues to excel, winning state awards such as The John Irwin award this past year. The administration does a fine job of quickly addressing school issues. Everyone has their own experiences but ours and the families we have known through the years have been extremely happy at Niwot. It truly is a great school. I highly recommend it.

Niwot Elementary School 1

Posted December 17, 2014
If you want an example of how Colorado public schools are failing children then look no further than Niwot Elementary. By 4th grade these students are an entire year behind other parts of the country. In spite of my child specifically asking for assistance with a bully who had not only verbally assaulted her, but physically assaulted her a parent had to intervene. Teachers are cruel and humiliate children with intent to damage their self-esteem. We have 3 elementary school aged children and all 3 have been removed from Niwot. Do not send your child here unless you do not value education or community.

Posted May 02, 2014
As the parent of an only child who is in Kindergarten, I cannot say enough great things about Niwot! From the dedicated teachers, passionate Principal, supportive parents to the amazing group of kids-we are so lucky to be a part of Niwot. Go Cougars!

Posted April 28, 2014
Niwot Elementary is an outstanding school! I have a current 2nd grader and one student that graduated last year. Our new Principal Ms. Pitz is beyond expectations, she has quickly become a part of the community and gained the respect that she deserves from both parents and staff. The staff at NES is wonderful, they are caring individuals that truly want your students to achieve. NES is a school of differentiation, by implementing this focus the school is able to offer GT programs as well as remedial help for any students that qualify. This is turn allows the classroom size to go down tremendously during the key learning hours. For example a class size may be 25 large but it breaks into 4 groups sometimes 5 and this is with qualified staff. The PTAC is incredibly supportive. Starting with parent volunteers in classrooms everyday. On top the parent help the PTAC fundraises for Para-professionals in every classroom, allowing for additional help and diversification. In addition they fund raise for educational programs in science, math and the arts. There really is no other elementary school quite like it. The community is incredibly welcoming and supportive. I highly recommend NES!

Posted November 07, 2013
We open-enrolled our daughter to this school a couple days into the new school year as a Kindergartener. My husband & I read the negative reviews after we accepted her enrollment position and worried only one day about cliques, poor leadership and disorganization as mentioned. Parent your kids, cliques won't be a problem. Leadership and organization haven't been a problem at all and the school is amazing. If parking is a problem, get there a little early. This is life. We've seen nothing but growth in our child and the staff is excellent. Sounds like a group of a few parents had their britches in a bunch over an issue that wasn't resolved or addressed to their liking. Seems like everyone else loves it!! There are wealthy families who's kids attend this school but their money isn't thrown around from what I can see. Lots of blue-collar folks send their kids to this school and the balance seems to be an even one all the way through. We love NES and couldn't be happier with our decision to send our daughter to this school.

Niwot Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2013
Niwot Elementary is a decent school if one is satisfied with a leadership team who caters to the very wealthy, the gifted student and the student who struggles; not the middle. Even students barely meeting standards are neglected. Educated parents does not equate with excellent supplemental support for our children; the parents are not experts at the materials being taught in the classroom. Many of the teachers are excellent, but some of the paid (meaning money donated by some of the parents) paraprofessionals are without an educational background/degree. The teachers focus on the gifted students and those who are below grade standards; not those in the middle. Although this is a school of differentiation, yearly, we hear from the principal that it needs to be improved upon. Bullying and cliques are a problem at Niwot and are not addressed by leadership or parents. New principal (from within district) 2013-14, will she be influenced by those with a personal agenda for their child and the means to pay for it? Drop off/pick up is nothing short of chaotic and stems from parents who ignore the rules the PTAC has worked hard on promoting. Telling are the posts as far back as 2007.

Posted May 01, 2013
A great place to learn many aspects of life. There is strong parental support which adds to the strength of the instruction.

Niwot Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2013
Niwot Elementary is a deeply troubled school. If you have a child with a disability you should stay away from it. The principal of the school doesn't support kids with disabilities and doesn't recognize the need for change. Very sad situation persists for years and most of the families with disabled kids had to live this school for various reasons. I would not recommend this school to anyone disabled or not. Your child will not get adequate support if he/she needs it.

Niwot Elementary School 3

Posted October 08, 2012
The bad: very weak leadership from principal and drop off/pick presents safety issues. The good: most of the teachers do a wonderful job, parents are extremely helpful and give the school a ton of money.

Posted December 15, 2011
Niwot Elementary is an awesome school. Lots of parent involvement and the teachers really care about the kids. Go Cougars!

Niwot Elementary School
8778 Morton Rd, Niwot, CO  80503
Last modified Niwot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Niwot Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top