Posted September 19, 2014
I was very disappointed by this school. The administration will not budge from their curriculum to met the need of children who struggle or need to be challenged academically. Bullying is a serious issue and children of faculty are favored. A number of teachers are unengaged. Vision beyond 5th grade is lacking .

Posted May 01, 2014
Our children have attended RMCA for over 8 years, starting at 2 years old. We love RMCA and could not be more pleased with our children's development and academics. We highly recommend RMCA. Our children look forward to going to school everyday and enjoy their teachers. Parents and the PTO are very involved and supportive--the community share many good times together at fundraisers and school events--the teachers really care and we appreciate the leadership. One of the best parts that we are looking forward to is the middle school. There our children will enjoy having Music, P.E., Art and Spanish. They don't have to choose just one for an elective, they get them all for the entire year!

Posted March 15, 2014
If you're interested in a preschool that chooses to discipline a (just turned) three year old by multiple trips to the principal's office and scorning time-outs for not napping and 'disrupting the class', this is your school. This is not a school that I would recommend for preschool based on their disciplinary approach. We are a conservative family with more traditional values and thought this school would be a good fit. Not the case. I found their disciplinary actions (based on the fact that nap time was a big transition from nap time at home) to be extremely age-inappropriate and a great way to bring down a young person's self-esteem. We opted to leave the school after a 2-month attempt. As I mentioned, we are a conservative, Catholic family. My husband and I both attended Catholic schools growing up and this is a much different experience than we could have imagined.I believe in building children's self-image during these formative years....not bringing their self-esteem down. If there's an issue, work with it. Figure it out in a positive manner. Be creative in the disciplinary approach with a three year old. This was not RMCA's philosophy.

Posted December 28, 2013
Our children attended RMCA for the past decade. We could not be more pleased with their development, and we highly recommend the school. Parents are very involved and supportive--the community is tight--the teachers really care and we really appreciated the leadership. The classical model is very effective.

Posted August 10, 2013
Three of my children went all the way through Rocky Mountain Christian Academy, and received an outstanding academic education, developed a solid spiritual foundation, and established relationships that have lasted far beyond their school years. This is a place that nurtures children as individuals while challenging them to achieve. My children had VERY different needs and abilities, and the teachers were responsive and supportive to each of them. It was a wonderful community for our whole family. I highly recommend it to other families looking for a high-quality Christian school.

Posted May 03, 2013
An academic upgrade for my son. He has been challenged with courses like Logic, not offered at his previous school. He is thrilled with extracurricular activities such as Jazz Band. We are thrilled with this school.

Posted February 01, 2013
My child attended This school for two years and did well academically. However, I would never trust this school with my children. I found out that my child was being bullied. When we talked to the principal about it we were told that this would be taken care of. I also want to note the fact that the principal knew about this four months before she ever notified me. Well, we were notified again by the teachers that the situation was still going on. When we confronted the principal again, she knew nothing about it. Do you really want your child at a school that the principal is not aware of things going on?? We had to remove our child because we felt that he was no longer safe here and we could no longer trust the principal to take responsibility for what had happened.

Rocky Mountain Christian Academy 4

Posted September 13, 2012
Great school have gone here since preschool. I'm in 7th grade now. Homework is hard but I still enjoy school. Band is awesome.

Posted May 09, 2012
My three children have grown up at RMCA over the last decade. I can't think of a better gift to have given them.

Posted July 10, 2009

Rocky Mountain Christian Academy
9447 Niwot Rd, Niwot, CO  80503
Last modified Rocky Mountain Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rocky Mountain Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top