Niwot, CO
After care: No

Posted March 09, 2015
My son has been in school at RMCA for two years now and will go again next year. We love RMCA! The teachers and administration staff are very nice and handle things professionally. The cost is very reasonable for private school and their classrooms are small so that each child gets individual attention. The kids coming out of RMCA are intelligent and ready for high school because of their education. I highly recommend RMCA.
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 23, 2015
Our son attended another private school in the Longmont area from Pre-K through 3rd grade. We switched him to RMCA in the fourth grade and could not be happier. He is in fifth grade now and is thriving. The teachers and administration at RMCA truly love and care about their students. Our sons transition has been remarkable. We are extremely pleased with RMCA, their vision, their ministry and their commitment to their students. RCMA is really a remarkable place!
11 people found this helpful

Posted February 22, 2015
We considered homeschooling our children until we found RMCA. We love the curriculum, teachers and administration! Parents are welcome to be as involved as they want to be. This school just gets better and stronger every year!
19 people found this helpful

Posted February 21, 2015
We LOVE RMCA. We have three little girls at RMCA and feel incredibly blessed to have them there. The curriculum, class enviroment as well as staff care are a few of our favorite things. We hope to stay at RMCA for years to come!!
17 people found this helpful

Posted February 20, 2015
RMCA has been an amazing community for our family! My children have been attending RMCA for the pass 8 years (starting in 3 yr old preschool) and will continue into middle school. They have made life-long friends and have been able to grow in an atmosphere of academic excellence and a loving, kind community. The curriculum at RMCA is the very best that you could ask for for your children. The depth of knowledge they gain in history and science, the advance math, language arts and latin, we know our children are learning to learn and enjoying their class time. Plus, they don't have to pick just one or two specials for the school year, our children are able to enjoy learning about art, music, p.e. and go to library the entire school year. I am grateful that RMCA is parting with our family in educating and growing our children to excel in school and for them to follow Christ. RMCA is a blessing!
23 people found this helpful

Posted February 17, 2015
What a blessing RMCA has been to our family! My children grew up here in an atmosphere of love, community and academic excellence. They received such a wonderful foundation from which great things have come! The education they received at RMCA allowed them to excel in honors classes in high school which led to academic scholarships and honors in college. I'm so grateful for the Christ-centered learning that has helped shape them into followers of Christ. At RMCA my children formed life-long friendships that are still a blessing to this day!
21 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015
We have two boys who have grown up at RMCA, and it's the BEST decision that we have made for them both academically and spiritually. RMCA administration and staff honor Jesus Christ and value the families. The teachers we've had throughout the years (Kindergarten through 8th grade) partnered with us and have loved our boys and nurtured their hearts and minds. My boys favorite memories and take-aways from RMCA are the teachers, the friendships they've built, the middle school retreats to Covenant Heights, Nations Day, Logic class and the DC trip. It's such a special place and community -- If you're looking for an environment where your children will be taught by Christians who share the same values as your home, this is the place, RMCA is rooted in biblical truth and beauty.
23 people found this helpful

Posted December 08, 2014
My children attended RMCA for many years. The school has changed from a great school to one I could no longer recommend to anyone. The new curriculum is worse than anyone imagined & the kids are disengaged, over disciplined & bored with the lack of creativity. The Principal is out of touch with the parents. She implemented a change to the lower grade curriculum & did not get any parental input. She displays an egotistical leadership style. She did not tell the families of this major curriculum change until the day before school started. They do not address bullying. Parents of wealthy families who donate money to the school are those that are favored & their bullying & disruptive kids are not stopped. I left this school for all of these reasons & found my children to be behind academically at their new public school in math & science. The parents in the lower grades are very unhappy. Enrollment is shrinking daily as families are leaving. Ask to see the enrollment from the past 5 years & you will see a new Principal & the results of her incompetence over the past 4 years. Website is misleading.

Posted September 19, 2014
I was very disappointed by this school. The administration will not budge from their curriculum to met the need of children who struggle or need to be challenged academically. Bullying is a serious issue and children of faculty are favored. A number of teachers are unengaged. Vision beyond 5th grade is lacking .

Posted March 15, 2014
If you're interested in a preschool that chooses to discipline a (just turned) three year old by multiple trips to the principal's office and scorning time-outs for not napping and 'disrupting the class', this is your school. This is not a school that I would recommend for preschool based on their disciplinary approach. We are a conservative family with more traditional values and thought this school would be a good fit. Not the case. I found their disciplinary actions (based on the fact that nap time was a big transition from nap time at home) to be extremely age-inappropriate and a great way to bring down a young person's self-esteem. We opted to leave the school after a 2-month attempt. As I mentioned, we are a conservative, Catholic family. My husband and I both attended Catholic schools growing up and this is a much different experience than we could have imagined.I believe in building children's self-image during these formative years....not bringing their self-esteem down. If there's an issue, work with it. Figure it out in a positive manner. Be creative in the disciplinary approach with a three year old. This was not RMCA's philosophy.

Rocky Mountain Christian Academy
9447 Niwot Rd, Niwot, CO  80503
Last modified Rocky Mountain Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rocky Mountain Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top