PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

We had an bullying incident at our school. As a former educator myself, I can say it happens every where. When it happened in our daughter's class, it was handled with sensitivity for all the students and families. There was as much communication and transparency as ethically possible with respect to other's privacy.

Effective school leaders: Agree

We rode out some administrative changes at the school. They way were handled was good. And I think the school is getting stronger and stronger all the time. We spent nine years there. This is our last year. We haven't regretted a moment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

At Boulder Valley Waldorf, the class stays with their main teacher from 1st to 8th grade. The approach was fabulous for our child. Her main teacher is beyond skillful. And that was our experience with very near all the teachers there.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

By easing the students way into homework and not overloading them to early, my daughter actually looks forward to her assignments. She is super self-motivated and engages with her classes. Seriously, I don't think we've ever once had to badger her about doing her work.

Our daughter will be graduating out of Boulder Valley Waldorf School this Spring. We have been with the school for nine years and it could not have prepared her better to enter high school and for life. Academically, she is able to step right into honors classes at her high school, loves both the arts and the sciences, is keen to learn, and is curious about the world and people around her. I believe so much of this is a result of the Waldorf approach in general and Boulder Valley Waldorf School specifically. Because the teachers there take a deep interest in each child as an individual, socially and emotionally, our daughter learned to trust herself and value her own uniqueness. She learned to navigate conflict and work as a team with her classmates. As a family we are all sad to be finishing our time at this school. And we are ever grateful for the enriching experience there, we could not have asked for more.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Yes. in both my boys classes there have been times where one child or another struggles with their behavior and it impacts the class as a whole. When this happens the teachers assist that child to learn how to better communicate with their peers. They also do some teaching to "targeted" children on advocating and setting limits. What I like is that the school has taken an approach to both helping the child who is engaging in the maladaptive behaviors and the children who are on the receiving end of them. So that all the children grow and develop better ways of engaging socially.

This is an incredible school. I have 2 boys that attend and I feel both children are really challenged to grow as people and scholars. The teachers wealth of knowledge in regard to child development as well as their dedication to providing a multi sensory approach to learning is wonderful. The rich foundation in a full liberal arts curriculum with handwork, arts, music, and practical learning ensures that my children do not need to spend their after school hours developing their interests and talents. In addition the dedication to not only ensure that my children have a well rounded academic education but are also developing a strong moral compass and social etiquette. There is a strong community of families who support each other.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Yes. I have child who was on an IEP for hearing impairment in public school and I believe the services he gets at BVWS are more comprehensive than with his IEP. Not in terms of specialists, which we see outside of the school, but in terms of accommodations and being mindful of his needs. I also have a child who has a label of ADHD and did not have accommodations in a public school. His teacher is constantly problem solving and meeting his needs. From giving him movement breaks in the garden, to providing sensory support, to helping him navigate socializing with his peers. There is no specialized support for children with special needs but the teachers/school seems committed to meeting a child's needs if they can.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Yes. It has shifted since we first started. Any time that a conflict has arisen between parents, students, or teachers the administration has been able to effectively mediate and assist in repairing relationships. I believe there is a strong commitment to both a pragmatic and compassionate approach to leadership of the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes. This was one of the reasons why we sought Waldorf Education. There is a lot of both social intelligence and etiquette that are integrated naturally into the curriculum. From table manners to moral stories that the children seem to internalize and relate to their lives. Also when children actually struggle with theses skills I notice that the teachers take a lot of care to explicitly teach skills.

Last modified Boulder Valley Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8