Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My kids have been attending Hillcrest for four years. Ever since the changed staff all the good in this school left with the old staff. They're rude and treat parents like they are incompetent and failures. I can't tell you how many times this schools staff has put me in tears and under stress. Like sending my child home for hives and refusing my son public education until I paid a lovely 60 dollar copay to get told by a doctor my son had hives just to get a doctor note so he could return to school. I think I know my child better than anyone else....thanks. Not to mention how RUDE the staff is here about EVERYTHING. I've had enough though. My children have yet to learn the meaning of the American flag and what it stands for, which in my opinion is very important as we are Americans and live in America. I've started the process to homeschool my children and withdraw them from public schooling mainly because I can't tolerate this school and it's staff anymore.

My son has been going to this school for the past 4 years so this school year they changed the staff i must say the new staff is rude you call the school they dont return your calls im sad that adams picked this staff to run there school!!! No respect for parents!!!

My children have attended Hillcrest for 5 years now and we absolutely love it. I disagree with the reviewer who stated the students' reading level had "gone down" due to some students not speaking English as their primary language. I don't understand how another child's language affects your kid at all...*scratches head*...if you read with them at home they will continue to excel and be challenged, and exposure to foreign languages increases neuro-pathways, making things like math, music, and technology easier to master. Anyway, my daughters are going into 3rd and 5th grade and are both at a high school reading level. The staff, from teachers, to librarian, to office staff, principal. even the custodian, are all wonderful and they all show genuine love for my kids. Any time I've had any kind of concern it has been dealt with immediately and effectively. The teaching staff has helped me find ways to challenge my kiddos at home, as well as providing ample opportunities for them to grow and reach their full potential in class. I am looking forward to my youngest child attending in a year. It feels like home to us, we love HIllcrest! Hornet Pride!

My daughters reading level has gone down because alot of the kids at this school use english as their second language

My son has been attending this school for 2 years, and is starting 2nd grade in two days. We feel that Hillcrest is an excellent school, and the teachers really care about the children. My son has excelled because of the dedicated and talented staff at Hillcrest.

I have had my son in Hillcrest since he was in Kindergarten and all of his teachers have been great, it also ranks high on academics for elementary schools.

Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.