Northglenn, CO

Posted June 10, 2014
GREAT school for GT learners! I has been an amazing answer to our concerns for getting our children a challenging, yet enlightening education. Our children get to be "normal" by being with other kids that thrive on learning and being challenged, with a variety of interests. Most of the teachers thrive on excelling and keeping up with the latest trends. Technology is being incorporated throughout the classroom. Also it is a good mix socially and very diverse.

Posted May 14, 2014
This is a great school to be for the all students who have a good motivation to learn.

Posted July 27, 2013
This school is just a wonderful place, especially for a GT learner. We have felt so welcomed and part of a community of talented teachers and students. My gifted son really needed the differentiation and extensions to the curriculum as well as the social emotional support provided at this school. The teachers could not be more dedicated and committed to helping each child reach his or her potential. What a special honor it is to be here!

Posted November 27, 2012
The gifted and talented program is by the far among the top programs in the country. My kids recently transferred from Hulstrom to another regular but highly ranked school district in a different state. They are so far ahead in nearly every area of learning. They were challenged, encouraged and empowered in every possible way by Hulstrom's quietly intelligent teachers. It is a task to challenge them similarly now. To say that we miss this school is an understatement. I want to thank the school and the teachers for all they have done for my kids and wish them the best for the coming years.

Posted October 30, 2012
Both of my children have attended Hulstrom since kindergarten and have been there for almost five years. I can not express enough how amazing our personal experiences have been and how pleased we ALL are with the school, teachers, parents, administrators, and staff. It's true, the academic pace is fast and best suited to children who pick up new information quickly, retain it well, and make use of that information readily and without much repetition. While there are many areas for a child to excel, this is a school for the academically gifted, highly intelligent, fast learner. Hulstrom does have wonderful "specials" opportunities in music, art, and Chinese; however, if one of these areas is the primary discipline your child is "gifted" in, they are going to drown in their classroom and possibly suffer with self-esteem issues due to the ever dreaded "peer comparisons." Some reviewers have complained about the amount of homework, but it's not overwhelming to kids who do it quickly. Bottom line, know both your child and what you are getting into before starting here.

Posted May 04, 2012
I thank my lucky stars my child got into Hulstrom! The lottery process was a little unnerving, but now that he is a third grader I am thankful everyday that our "number was pulled." Being an advance learner, I was worried the neighborhood school would leave him bored and frustrated. Hulstrom has proven year after year, to not only challenge but to nurture him through learning and social steps. The teachers and administration are top-notch and honestly care about each and every child !I am looking forward to my youngest to start kindergarten here in the Fall. It's just an all around great school! I just wish it wasn't so hard to get into!

Posted January 10, 2012
This is our 3rd year in the Hulstrom family. We have three children who all attend this fantastic school. Two of our children started here in Kindergarten and one transferred into Hulstrom. The school has gone above and beyond to meet the individual social, emotional and educational needs of each of our VERY different children. The prior administration did a great job with any discipline issues that arose. However, we felt something was lacking. The current administration has impressed us with their daily personal investment into the lives of our children. Their excitement for education is contagious. When you LOVE your job - it is evident! The faculty has gained our admiration for their genuine enthusiasm to teach our children. They challenge our children to be their best and to bring their best each and every day. New this year at Hulstrom, is the PBIS system. This positive behavior system has seen results that prove it is a great addition to our school. A little fine tuning after its pilot year will only increase its effectiveness. We look forward to many more excellent years at Hulstrom. We are ecstatic our children have an environment in which to thrive!!!

Posted January 07, 2012
We are thankful for Hulstrom each and every day and cannot imagine our kids at any other school. Hulstrom teachers and staff care immensely about students and work hard to make students and the overall school very successful. They continue to meet the needs of our GT child and provide an educational experience that is unbeatable. The PBIS system is not new to the district, but is new to Hulstrom. It has provided consistency and positive rewards to students and staff. Parents are invested at Hulstrom and give generously with time and resources which helps the entire Hulstrom community.

Posted January 06, 2012
Hulstrom Options is a great school because of its wonderful teachers and strong leadership. We have seen Hulstrom blossom in the last few years after they moved into the new building, and that will continue to be the case in the coming years. We are very proud to be part of this school.

Hulstrom Options K-8 School 3

Posted November 08, 2011
I have been at Hulstrom since kindergarten and I really like it. The only problem now is discipline. Since they began the PBIS system, class attention is worse than ever. I'm in 8th grade, and the 8 GT class cannot be quiet for more than a minute. Since we got a new principal last year, the quality is starting to go down. I preferred our previous principal; she really made sure the kids stayed in line, but was really friendly. If there were any problems, they were stopped right away. She also was very involved, much more than our current principal. I am not happy about the future of this school based on what I am seeing this year.

Hulstrom Options K-8 School
11551 Wyco Dr, Northglenn, CO  80233
Last modified Hulstrom Options K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hulstrom Options K-8 School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top