Bad
Good

3/9/2013 My child was accepted into their new STEM program. I've been at the school at few times: it's ENORMOUS! I'll be honest and say I've heard some stories about gang type activity: hope it's not true. There are a lot of hispanic kids there and hoping it isn't as bad as in So Cal, where we moved from. Any info a current student/teacher or parent can give me to give me some ideas/support? My child is Asperger's and bright, but socially awkward and I'm very concerned. NHS is NOT in our area, so I have to drive back and forth daily. Thanks Amber

Great teachers!!! They really care about their students. A huge variety of AP programs, I'm not sure but I think that it is the school that has the most AP programs in adams12. A variety of people which lets the student socialize with more than one group of people. There is amazing clubs to join and sports!!! I recommend FCCLA, you get to do many fun things with them as well as compete at district, state, and national level. It opens many doors for the students.This school is wonderful and there is something for everyone to enjoy. I mean staff is great there are amazing math teachers that always have a good way of teaching. The school goes above and beyond with helping students go very far in life by giving us great tools like AP. My class whooped Thornton High in Csap scores last year! we have amazing teachers honestly they're friendly and get the job done. I am not a nerd lol I just think it is a great school.

This school is not perfect but no school is. The teachers and counselors genuinely care. I transfered schools for a few months and gained a much greater appreciation for Northglenn.

Faculty is underpaid and unappreciated and it's strongly affecting the students. The atmosphere is bad and i don't recommend this school. They are more interested in making a student pay for something they did wrong then encouraging them to do something right. There seems like a new rule every month that gets in the way of a student.

This school fails to cater to those who want to pursue a challenging academic career. The teachers and administration are too preoccupied with discipling the infinite amount of troubled students here that those who attend school for an education are, well, put aside. This ultimately defeats the purpose of school in the first place. The atmosphere is hostile; drugs and bad behavior are always present. The student body is certainly not composed of kids who aspire to be doctors, lawyers, or even do anything with their lives. If there are kids who have dreams to succeed in the workplace, they wouldn't be able to. Academics are not a priority, which is evident based on this school's test scores. ALL results are below the state average. This has been the case for these past several years and I see no genuine effort into changing this.

The teachers show special interest in the students. I am currently going to NGH and i would never wish for better teachers. The school needs work but the students learn and thats all that matters!

I went to Northglenn High School and look back on my time there as four of the best years of my life. I had such supportive teachers who helped me grow and prepare for the real world. I went on to graduate from college with a 4.0, which I never would have been able to do without the education and preparation I received from Northglenn. When choosing a high school there is no better option.

This school year (06-07) I am a high school freshmen. My experience at Northglenn so far has been an enjoyable one. I believe that I am getting an excellent education from a group of teachers that are some of the best I've had. With the open campus (during free periods students may leave campus) I feel a sense of freedom a responsibility. There is a diverse ethnic group attending Northglenn High, so I learn in and out of class. There are many clubs, athletics and classes offered. With all the choices, I can make sure to be well prepared for college and life. I have found my teachers to be supportive and knowledgeable. My classes are fun and informative. There is high school spirit, and the students are very supportive and tolerant of one another. Northglenn High School is a safe and hospitable environment for me to learn in. Go Norse!

Last modified Northglenn High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.