Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Stukey is a great neghboorhood school. My daughter changed schools mid year and was very scared! Her teacher made her feel right at home and the other kids became friends with her that day! It's a loving and caring school overall. The principal is amazing and is truly invested into the kids, parents, community and teachers!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They treat kids and parents so well, they show kindness towards every single person. I was very impressed with the way they welcome the parents by the door, with smiles and hand shakes. It made a huge difference.

My daughter attended Stukey Elementary and let me tell you, at first I was so scared because of all the bad reputation but its far from the truth. When you enter this school you are welcomed and treated very nicely, the personnel is amazing, the principal always went above and beyond to help my daughter, the teacher always gave my daughter personalized education since my daughter was more advanced than other students in some areas, she was not the only one though, a few other kids were advanced as well and they were all treated accordingly to their level so they didn't miss anything. Yes it is true that in this school a lot of kids are behind BUT it doesn't have anything to do with the school. The fact that this school has a huge Latino community didn't stop my daughter from growing and learning. She was encouraged and her confidence came along. Miss Bailey is wonderful and it shows. Gloria S.

My daughter just finished kindergarten at Stukey. She had the most amazing and involved teacher. She was a first year and is returning. This school has opened great resources for our daughter. The down fall to this school is lack of parent involvement, but they can't help that.

I will say my son's teacher so far is great this year. She informs me of everything that he is doing as well as not doing. Gives me ideas as to how to help him grow better as a student and get more involved. As far as parent involvement there really isn't much. It seems like parent(s) just send their child(ren) to school and expect them to teach their child(ren) and to put them on the right track in life. If their child(ren) fails or doesn't go on to the next grade they want to blame the school, well I say its us as parents who are part to blame because if we don't ask then there is just a barrier between us and the school. Then the school doesn't know how to balance the help between the children who are falling behind or succeeding. Start becoming part of the solution than part of the problem.

My kid's teacher is great. She does extra work with her and informs me about my kid's progress. I agree that students are not getting enough home work at this school but it's up to you as a parent to make sure that all educational resources are used.

I am unhappy with this school the lack of class work and homework the office staff isn't any better I would recommend not sending your child here

The teachers for my child in k were awsome

I am really unhappy with the quality of education at Stukey. I am very very disappointed in the quality of education and staff at this school. I would STRONGLY recommend you put your child in private/charter school before you enroll them here. The only positive thing about Stukey is the BASE program. These instructors are AWESOME, too bad they didn't teach grades.

Last modified Stukey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.