Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted August 15, 2016
Beth Allen, she is the absolute best! She has taken such good care of my children, especially my oldest. Thank you SO much!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 15, 2016
The teachers my children have had so far have been amazing. You can tell they really want to be there, they do not seem to be burnt out (even if they actually may be). They are very kind and caring.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 15, 2016
I do not believe that any homework should be given, especially in Elementary school. Studies have shown that it actually has adverse affects on young children.

Posted August 15, 2016
The teachers at this school are amazing, and the support staff is fantastic! We have had so many positive experiences here. The testing scores do not adequately reflect this school at all. Standardized tests are ridiculous, if you want your child to learn, and have the support they need then I highly recommend Westview.

Posted July 23, 2014
This school does not stand alone. They are extremely involved in community projects and getting the community to be involved in the school. This school has a very caring staff that is very involved. They run a lot of after school programs for students and are very friendly.

Posted April 22, 2013
I enrolled my child to this school. The school is diverse. The teachers and admin staff are incredible and caring. My child thrived there. I have nothing negative or bad, only good to say about this school.

Posted April 03, 2010
I had 2 children that go to Westview, I honestly believe that it is an incredible school. I don't believe that the CSAP scores truly rate a school, I am shocked at how many parents make a decision based on 1 score instead of looking at the school as a whole. Every person in the school from the administration to the teachers are wonderful. I can t think of anything they could improve on. I feel really blessed that we moved into the area when are kids were little, I can t imagine them going to another school. There is also great communication from the principal and teachers. The only thing I would change somewhat is in the after school program. The Director that was there last few years made the program feel like family to my kids. She was so kind, caring, fun and I think really loved my kids, they never wanted to leave. Although the program is still good and the staff are great I just feel that the heart was taken out of the program. It feels like a business now instead of a family.

Westview Elementary School 2

Posted November 24, 2009
My son just started kindergarten here this year, I am happy with the staff they are good to work with and very nice. I however am very disapointed in the schools academic rating. Guess I need to find a new school.

Posted January 25, 2008
What I like most about this school is the staff, and people dedicated to children. The teachers here are so competent, and caring. I believe that most have advanced degrees. I never hear any complaining about the children no matter how difficult they are. The office staff is a pleasure to interact with. I completely agree with this school being rated one of the best!

Posted November 29, 2007
As a single father, I have found this school to be excellent! I don't ever feel out of place, and am included in our childrens academics and performances. The teachers welcome me, and are very open to sharing academic reports and things that come up. The staff in general is very professional, and the teachers have been way above average. My third and fourth grade boys have excelled at this school. It is top notch in every way. Thank you especially for the gifted program. My son has earned an advanced score on the CSAP, and I credit this school for that. Last year, the boys were both performing on the low side, but this school has made all the difference.

1300 Roseanna Drive, Northglenn, CO  80234
Last modified Westview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.