Bad
Good

Love everything about this school! Wonderful teachers, principal, staff and environment! This school is on the up and up!

This school Is great. I Love the staff and teachers. My kids have been here for the last 4 years and I have a kindergartener Next yeah. Can't wait!

This website has not updated the fact that Leroy Drive test results actually skyrocketed last year. This school is taking a step in the right direction thanks to the staffs dedication and a new principal who is dedicated to seeing growth, whilst still providing a nurturing environment. My son is in second grade and loves going to school each day, he is advanced in both reading and math, and enjoys all the extra opportunity leroy provides for growth.

For the Parents that have stated there kids went to school here for years and they could not read don't be so quick to blame teachers. You as a parent should be involved and if this was an issue early on then you sit with them at home and help them learn and get involved with the teacher to figure out what the core issue is. This issue never should have gotten past the first year. My daught has gone to both charter and public schiools here and in Texas. Texas schools were way behind and at Leroy she has a better understanding of Math and Reading and is learning quickly. She is involved with after school activities and is becoming not only educated but socially motivated to be involved. If your kid can't read by middle school there are more issues then just the teachers.

My son went to Leroy for 5 years. He still couldn't read when starting middle school. Thank God for good teachers at Northglenn Middle School who taught him to read finally in 7th grade. This school is horrible. Do what is best for your child and send them somewhere else. They blame the students for the teachers poor performance. School is below average for the state. So are the teachers. If your child just needs to be watched all day this is the place. If your child needs and education, send them to a different school.

Pulled my daughter out of this school after 2nd grade. She still couldn't read and the school just blamed the student. They refused to hold her back and repeat 2nd grade. I stuck her in a private school till 6th grade. Put her back in public school through middle school and high school were she was and still is a honor student with straight A's. She has had nothing but A's since leaving this school. Now she is in all advance college prep classes in high school. This just proves to me that Leroy Drive Elementary School is just a bad school with bad teachers. Publicly funded babysitting. I had nothing but trouble with the teachers, principal and the school nurse. I would never send any child to this school.

If there was any other school my children could go to I would move them faster then you could think it! I have had several problems with one staff member, and the principal allows her to act and treat people and student like crap with out any repercussions. My child was always in an advanced class and since being relocated to Leroy Drive Elementary he has regressed..I feel this school is holding my children back. I also have a child that is an underachiever and they lack whatever it is they need to help her with her learning needs.. I think the way this school is ran is very inappropriate and if I had the power I would put a stop to it!!!! # MAD MOMMY!

I'm completely undecided on this school. My daughter hasn't learned much. And after hitting her head at the playground, she was sent to the nurse by herself and the nurse never contacted me. She said it wasn't necessary to notify me since there was "no bump". My daughter was throwing up and passing out, only to learn about the injury a day later. Turns out she suffered a severe concussion. I worry everyday now when I drop her off. Her class didn't even welcome her back after being out for a week!

Our experience has been wonderful. They started the IB program in 2010 and our son is in 1st Grade there. He is reading at 3/4 Grade level and is Above Grade in all others. He misses his school if he is sick or when he is on vacation. How often do you see that?

It is a great school where the teachers show that they care about the students developement and are willing to help in any way that they can.

Last modified Leroy Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.