Northglenn, CO

Posted September 23, 2014
This website has not updated the fact that Leroy Drive test results actually skyrocketed last year. This school is taking a step in the right direction thanks to the staffs dedication and a new principal who is dedicated to seeing growth, whilst still providing a nurturing environment. My son is in second grade and loves going to school each day, he is advanced in both reading and math, and enjoys all the extra opportunity leroy provides for growth.

Leroy Drive Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2014
For the Parents that have stated there kids went to school here for years and they could not read don't be so quick to blame teachers. You as a parent should be involved and if this was an issue early on then you sit with them at home and help them learn and get involved with the teacher to figure out what the core issue is. This issue never should have gotten past the first year. My daught has gone to both charter and public schiools here and in Texas. Texas schools were way behind and at Leroy she has a better understanding of Math and Reading and is learning quickly. She is involved with after school activities and is becoming not only educated but socially motivated to be involved. If your kid can't read by middle school there are more issues then just the teachers.

Posted December 13, 2013
My son went to Leroy for 5 years. He still couldn't read when starting middle school. Thank God for good teachers at Northglenn Middle School who taught him to read finally in 7th grade. This school is horrible. Do what is best for your child and send them somewhere else. They blame the students for the teachers poor performance. School is below average for the state. So are the teachers. If your child just needs to be watched all day this is the place. If your child needs and education, send them to a different school.

Posted December 13, 2013
Pulled my daughter out of this school after 2nd grade. She still couldn't read and the school just blamed the student. They refused to hold her back and repeat 2nd grade. I stuck her in a private school till 6th grade. Put her back in public school through middle school and high school were she was and still is a honor student with straight A's. She has had nothing but A's since leaving this school. Now she is in all advance college prep classes in high school. This just proves to me that Leroy Drive Elementary School is just a bad school with bad teachers. Publicly funded babysitting. I had nothing but trouble with the teachers, principal and the school nurse. I would never send any child to this school.

Posted April 02, 2012
If there was any other school my children could go to I would move them faster then you could think it! I have had several problems with one staff member, and the principal allows her to act and treat people and student like crap with out any repercussions. My child was always in an advanced class and since being relocated to Leroy Drive Elementary he has regressed..I feel this school is holding my children back. I also have a child that is an underachiever and they lack whatever it is they need to help her with her learning needs.. I think the way this school is ran is very inappropriate and if I had the power I would put a stop to it!!!! # MAD MOMMY!

Posted November 22, 2011
I'm completely undecided on this school. My daughter hasn't learned much. And after hitting her head at the playground, she was sent to the nurse by herself and the nurse never contacted me. She said it wasn't necessary to notify me since there was "no bump". My daughter was throwing up and passing out, only to learn about the injury a day later. Turns out she suffered a severe concussion. I worry everyday now when I drop her off. Her class didn't even welcome her back after being out for a week!

Posted April 12, 2011
Our experience has been wonderful. They started the IB program in 2010 and our son is in 1st Grade there. He is reading at 3/4 Grade level and is Above Grade in all others. He misses his school if he is sick or when he is on vacation. How often do you see that?

Leroy Drive Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
It is a great school where the teachers show that they care about the students developement and are willing to help in any way that they can.

Leroy Drive Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2009

Posted November 10, 2008
My three children have had a wonderful experience at Leroy Drive. Districts get too caught up in testing but Leroy doesn't take away the important things for the kids. They focus on the children's needs and talents and work from that knowing every child is different and learns differently. Great Job!

Leroy Drive Elementary School
1451 East Leroy Dr, Northglenn, CO  80233
Last modified Leroy Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leroy Drive Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top