PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can't say enough about the staff. My children have been involved in the Summer Program, aftercare and athletics. The staff is warm, welcoming and my children feel safe. My son left his last school feeling horrible about himself and that the staff was against him. We pulled him the last quarter of the school year and moved him to Gethsemane. He came home the first day smiling saying how welcomed he felt and he has never looked back. The staff there are amazing and they understand the diversity in children. They are not judged or labeled.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel there is a good balance between homework, projects and tests. There is weekly memory work that each student is responsible for.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Gethsemane does an amazing job modeling to the students how to be honest and fair. My children are better people because of the guidance, modeling and education that they have received here.

My son started Kindergarten this school year at Gethsemane and I couldn't be prouder of how great he is doing and how awesome our experience as been! He loves to come to school everyday, and would come on the weekends if he could! His skills in all of the classrooms subjects are improving by leaps and bounds, which increases his love and school and pride in himself. Gethsemane has also taught my son how to love and serve the Lord to the best of his abilities. He is becoming quite the little missionary, and never fails to tell anyone (stranger or friend) about the great things the Lord has done for him! The staff at Gethsemane are kind, caring, honest, passionate, hilarious, and understanding. They all support each other and make sure the best possible care is being provided to all of the students and families that are enrolled. We love being Gladiators!

I can't say enought about this school! The best thing we ever did was switch to the elementary program here! The curriculum is miles above that in the public schools, and it's done in a loving environment. The teachers love what they do, and truly care about the children's success. Go visit them, and you will know instantly; this is a place your child will thrive!!!

Gethsemane is a school that cares about students and provides a loving environment for them to grow. I was draw to Gethsemane because of the Christian Montessori education they offered in the preschool program. We were very satisfied with how our daughter responded to her time at Gethsemane and will be bringing her back in the Fall.

Our child has been attending this school since Kindergarten and my husband and I could not be more pleased with her time at GLS. She is growing so quickly in her social skills, her intellect and her spirit. The teachers are knowledgable and caring as are the staff and parent volunteers. It is a sweet community to be a part of as one can easily know the other students and parents and build relationships with them. As a child spends 7 hours or more in school I do not think you could get much better than the spirit of care that is present in all the classrooms at GLS. There is safety, discipline, knowledge and friendship here. Our youngest child does not even attend yet and already knows the teachers and students and they know her and call her by name! After 3 years of paying for private school we found it difficult to afford GLS. We applied for tuition assistance and were pleased to be gifted an amount that has made it possible to allow our 8 year old to attend 3rd grade here. We are excited to begin our 4th year at this small jewel of a school. Please visit and see for yourself!

I love teaching at Gethsemane. We get to choose our curriculum and review it periodically. Our students consider us their family and often come back to visit as alumni. This is not a job or career. It is a love for children and their relationship with God. It is a love for them to excel academically.

Gethsemane offers low student to teacher ratio, and a parent friendly environment. Our students are inspired and motivated to think critically and to become life long learners. Gethsemane's holistic approach, God centered, provides each student with a rich learning experience.

Gethsemane provides children from preschool up to 6th grade with an excellent education. The preschool is Montessori, which provides children with tools they need in life. My daughter entered GLS in pre school and was reading before entering kindergarten. In addition to a great education, the principal and teachers are the best! GLS teachers love the children and it shows! Mrs. Glover, Principal, has truly blessed our school! We could not ask for a better principal. Our two children love going to school. Parents are welcome and encouraged to be involved (whenever possible) in the classroom and on field trips. We are a Christian school and those values are woven into our classrooms. One final note: bullying is unacceptable at GLS and is simply not tolerated! Enroll your children now for a great education and the opportunity to make lifetime friends!

Last modified Gethsemane Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8