Northglenn, CO

The Studio School 1

Posted November 18, 2014
My child is attending here, There are a few things I do not like, I didn't like that they didn't have a Kindergarten continuation, they dont have a field day, they don't have a choir concert, they just do Play's after play's after plays, and if your child shows the least bit of interest, I fell like the music and dance teacher ostracizes them, my child likes it there but im not seeing a great bond between the teachers, and the teacher she has now doesn't know how to intervene with my child in the class room, she is asking me for ideas. Im getting less impressed with the school.

Posted October 26, 2014
My son has attended The Studio School since kindergarten and is now in the 5th grade. We will be so sad to leave this school next year. The community here is the greatest. My son has received an excellent education that will allow him to continue to excel wherever he goes for middle school. The staff here is the best and we are thankful to have had the opportunity for our son to go here.

The Studio School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
After being at the Studio schools for years I am at the breaking point and thrilled that we won't be returning next year. Don't expect help for your child unless they are at least 2 YEARS behind their grade level. We have been through some serious situations in this school that were handled so poorly I still can't believe it. The end of the year can't come soon enough. I truly worry about my children switching to a regular school and being really far behind due to the focus on the arts. We love the arts, but there needs to be balance. The school scores have dropped tremendously while we have been here. The staff is nice, but trying to get help for your child is ridiculous and a battle you will lose, the system is setting them up for failure.

Posted March 15, 2012
This is our first year at the Studio School and we love it! It has such a strong community feel to it and you always feel welcome. My daughter has fun while learning and that is important to us that she is supported in being a life-long learner. The teachers are friendly and happy to be teaching here. Learning through the arts offers the children another way of expressing themselves while learning the academics of their grade level and that is what we have noticed with our child, that she can still do what she loves (art and music) while learning. The school relies on parent involvement and you want to participate as much as you can.

Posted March 07, 2012
The Studio School offers a wonderful arts integrated education! I can not praise them enough for all of the effort that they take to ensure that all of the children become engaged, involved, and accelerate in all subjects. For parents who have children who can benefit from a "hands-on" approach to education or have children who think three dimensionally then this is the school for them. Kudos! Keep up the great work!

Posted March 06, 2012
We love the Studio School! We have a Kindergartener and 1st grader and the academic programs are impressive to us. We love all the opportunitues for arts integration, and watching our young kids perform several times a year. The staff is very creative and the kids love going to school there!

The Studio School 4

Posted March 02, 2012
My child attended Studio School its first year. What I liked about it was that all children of all socio-economic backgrounds were treated equally and with respect. What the kids wore wasn't important and bullying is nipped in the bud immediately. Kids have a creative freedom here and there are some really nice, down to earth kids and parents at this school. There isn't PE at this school, instead it is dance and performing arts. The fine arts program is amazing. This school is not a good fit if your child likes to be "the star". The performances are magical but it's a community effort, no one person is "better" than the rest. They tend to cater more to boys since they are the minority. Very few parents volunteered when my child attended and some parents really lacked manners. If your child is gifted and needs acceleration, this is NOT the right school. My child had to repeat an entire year of math because they could not accomodate her. This school will add a grade every year until it is K-8, so although it says K-5 now, next year there will be a 6th and so on. Parking and speeding in the school zone were a terrible problem daily. The BASE program was a little too military.

Posted February 10, 2012
Such a great school! They nurture every student's creativity and make it fun to learn.

Posted February 07, 2012
The Studio School touches the hearts and minds of the children that attend there. I see it when I go to the performances. It is very apparent that the children are in an environment that encourages them to grow, learn, be creative, and express themselves. The Studio School has touched my heart as well and I believe this school is a great example of everything a school should and could be. I am grateful that my nephew is a student at this school. I only wish he could continue his education here beyond the fifth grade. THANK YOU STUDIO SCHOOL!

Posted January 25, 2012
As a public school teacher, I am so happy that I chose Studio School for own children to attend. Other public schools are so focused on standardized tests that other ways of learning besides paper and pencil tasks are not considered anymore. I love that my children are given the opportunity to express themselves via the arts in their homeroom while learning the basics skills and content as well. We don't know what the world will be like in 20 years, but we will need citizens who are critical thinkers and innovative to be leaders. The Studio School's approach certainly promotes creativity and critical thinking.

The Studio School
10604 Grant Dr, Northglenn, CO  80233
Last modified The Studio School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Studio School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top