No rating

Southeast Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 500 students

Our focus is on the hearts and wholistic education of our students.

Living in Parker

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $269,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Posted August 12, 2014

I just graduated from 8th grade at Southeast. I had gone there since I was three years old, and always loved it. The teachers communicate with you if your grades begin to slip, or if you need help with something. I loved having small classes, as I got to know each of my classmates on a deeper level than most schools. I was very close with all of them. I could not be more pleased with my 11 years spent at Southeast. I will forever hold southeast as a special place in my heart!

Posted September 13, 2013

We have been going to this school for 3 years and absolutely love it. There is such a sense of community here. The teacher communication with parents is amazing. We receive weekly emails on how are child is doing. If you need anything the teachers are very prompt to respond. The teachers and administration really care for the children. I feel completely comfortable having my children in their care. Spiritually this is a great school as well. The love for God is felt throughout the school. Academics is rigorous, but it would be in any school that does well academically. We searched several schools and found that if you are looking for a Christian school that is successful academically and has staff that love their jobs and truly care for your children, this is the school for you.

Posted August 7, 2013

The staff here is nothing short of amazing and I can't imagine a group of people more committed to educating students and working with parents to shape kids into solid contributing members of society. The small class size (15-20 students) is something we specifically sought out and found at Southeast. Academics are rigorous, but appropriate and the #1 reason we continue to reenroll each year. I can't say enough about the skills of the teachers who put in time and effort far above and beyond what they have to do. The educators here want your kids to succeed and there is very much an attitude of 'It takes a village' which I personally like. The cons: The school is not working mom friendly. There are frequent meetings, programs and events that happen during the school day or around the dinner hour. The before and after program is limited and of no use to parents who need care prior to 7:30a.m. or after 5:00p.m. The volunteer requirement is no joke at 40 hours per school year or $350 payable at the end of they year. Also be prepared with your checkbook. There is always something to buy, pay for or contribute to and donor fatigue sets in quickly.

Posted May 28, 2013

Great school. Great teachers with so much love and attention to each and every children. And yes, it is not an easy school to get all A's. Your child WILL need to study here. No free grades.

Posted April 22, 2013

This is my first year at SEC and I am very disappointed. The school is very unorganized and have little sense to maintain consistent communication with the parents, the teachers are inconsistent with their assignment guidelines and test taking. They have a new principal this year, which I was told by him that his is the 4th Principal in the last 5 years. It is very apparent by the way things are poorly executed. Unfortunately, this inconsistency is starting to undermine my children's self confidence. The administrative structure has a "head-master", a Principal and no Vice - Principal. The grading scale is not the standard 100-90 =A, 89-80=B instead it's: 100=A+,A=98-95,A-=94%,B+=93,B=92-87. I, suspect in a few years, if this Principal is still around, they will be a note worthy school but until then, I can not allow my children to be part of this learning curve. We will not be returning next year.

Posted December 7, 2012

We have been sending our children to Southeast Christian for 3 yrs. The preschool is THE BEST you will find in Dougls county. Staff is incredibly experienced, Christ centered, focused and loving. They have high standards, personal accountability, strong educational foundation and a great group of children and families. People sending their children there sacrifice a great deal to do and therefore are very involved and supportive in their education. The new principal is unbelievable and is taking the school to an all new level. Exciting things are happening ands the best reward is having your children come home excited about school, sharing what they have learned and ready go do again the next day. They offer a before and after school program for working parents. Sports programs such as volleyball and basketball. The art program is outstanding. The music program is unparalleled the Christmas program is something out of a storybook. The performances are to a standard that I have never seen at these ages. Pray about it and see if God wants you to send your kids to this awesome school!

Posted August 27, 2011

Amazing, loving staff, rigorous academics, bible based teaching. The most wonderful group of parents and sense of community we have ever experienced. Your child does need to be able to keep up academically, but that is a plus to us. If your child struggles a bit, this may not be the place for you.

Posted August 12, 2011

Southeast Christian is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff really care about the children. Our kids are thriving both academically and spiritually here.

Posted May 17, 2011

My children are receiving an amazing education at Southeast! One of my kids is able to work many years above his grade level, and his needs are met. My other child needed help reaching grade level in certain areas, and his needs have been met as well. I can't say enough about the caring faculty and staff! If you want your child to be supported educationally, cared for personally and enhance their relationship with the lord, Southeast Christian is the school for you!

Posted May 1, 2011

Very high standards. Our kids have thrived here. In public school they teach down to the above average kids and they get lost in the shuffle. They teach to your childs ability here. We are thrilled with the education they are getting.

Posted April 26, 2011

We love our school! Education here is top rate and our kids are getting prepared for a life with Christ as well as strong academics. The public school we came from cannot even begin to compare and our kids were bored.

Posted January 1, 2011

My son attended SE for one year and was miserable. He was a B student upon entering but earned primarily D's while there and didn't leave at grade level. There was no concern or Christian empathy shown while he struggled academically. All their work was above grade level which was not appropriate for him and they refused to modify anything. Now that he is in middle school he is still earning D's. I strongly feel that if he had stayed in public schools he would still be a B student. They sucked the self confidence right out of him and I'm really concerned about his future academic performance.

Posted March 12, 2010

My children go to this school currently and in national standardized testing are scoring well ahead of their grade. My second grader's complete battery results were at fifth grade ninth month and my kindergartender's complete battery results were at second grade fourth month. Their individual reading results were even higher. Sixth grade level for my second grader. As a parent, I am very happy with the high academic standards at Southeast and the small class size (15 and 18 students) is priceless.

Posted February 23, 2010

This school struggles academically. Upon removing their children from Southeast and enrolling them in public school, parents are sometimes encouraged to have their children repeat the previous grade. Many parents, who are also teachers, have expressed their disappointment with the academics at this school. If you are looking for a safe, moral environment, Southeast is probably a good fit. However, if you are looking for strong academics, look elsewhere. Other Douglas County private schools (as well as the public schools) are higher achieving.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 4, 2010

The school can be very hard to go through. You must keep up or fall behind hard. Thats what happened to me. I find myself having a better time at my public school I go now.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 3, 2009

Your child must fit within their narrow profile to be successful here. If they aren't quiet, quick, and smart it will not be a good fit. They seem to be stumped at how to deal with kids that aren't. Not much empathy for kids that need more help.

Posted June 18, 2009

We are so blessed to have found Southeast Christian School. The academic standard of this school is higher than most public school. They have an accelerated reading (AR) program that encourages students to read more. At 1st grade, my son was able to read books that a 3rd grader would mostly read. The math and science curriculum in 1st grade is at the same level as the public school's 3rd grade. And the most important thing is that in this school our son gets a spiritual guidance that he won't get in public school.

Posted January 23, 2009

We have been extremely blessed to find Southeast. Our daughter is thriving in the kindergarten program. In terms of academics, she knew more by the end of the 2nd quarter than our local public school was slotted to teach all year. She began reading at week 3 in school and her skills continue to grow. Her spiritual awareness is also enhanced at Southeast and I'm truly amazed at how well behaved, polite and kind her entire kindergarten class is--consistently. Southeast teaches sound spiritual development along with a rigorous academic curriculum.

Posted September 23, 2008

I previously went to this school, and I knew it wasn't the best school. I knew I could find better. I feel i could have been challenged more, but that is just me. I feel like they needed to give kids more options. The teachers can get a little, well, i guess emotinal.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 6, 2008

Southeast Christian is an incredible school. They welcomed us in a very special way. They seek to deal with all situations in a scriptual manner. They provide an education that is at higher standards than other private christian schools. We feel so blessed to have been led to this school. We love the teacher and the class that our son is in. We are so blessed by Southeast Christian School!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Security personnel
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Health & athletics

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:00 p.m.
  • Brett King, Principal
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (866) 831-9594

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Biblically integrated curriculum
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

Performing arts
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Drama club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom