Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Kids are a year behind then any child who attends a charter school or private school; PCE has NO phonics program;NO writing program;NO structured reading program; Yes all kids get an iPad or chrome book to use at school but what they use it for and how much time is spent on them each day is unknown. If you as parent ask questions or express concerns about the curriculum the teachers and administration do not want to hear it . The culture is not collaborative. It's truly the school against the family and we were advised of this before trying the school. We now have private tutors for our children and have even had them tested privately.... they are behind academically for their respective grade levels. Our children come home every day with nothing in their take home folders to show what they did at school. The teachers provide very little feedback about what takes place in the classroom .... be prepared to send out emails weekly to get clarification on what goes on in the classroom. If you live in Douglas county send your child to either a private or charter school at least for the elementary school years.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mrs. Rotherham is always asking for community input. I feel she respects our ideas and is willing to work with staff and parents.

Prairie Crossing has been a great fit for our family. Our kids love going to school and as parents, my husband and I are very comfortable walking into the building. The staff is amazing and the atmosphere is welcoming. We have been at Prairie Crossing for 4 years and have been very satisfied. My kids are learning so much and are also being exposed to world issues. I love that our school donates school supplies to children in Belize. Some of our very own teachers fly down each year and train the teachers in Belize and spend time teaching the children. The whole experience is captured on Mrs. Blair's Blog. Mrs. Blair is our amazing technology teacher and she is such a kind human being. This year my 2nd grade kids got to Skype with the kids in Belize and it was an eye opener for them. Our school worked together to help one our very own teachers find a kidney. There was also an amazing turnout for the Officer Brite fundraiser. I can go on and on about all the amazing things that are accomplished at our school. I just want people to know Prairie Crossing is more than a neighborhood school, it is an extended family. Students, families and staff are loving and supportive. Prairie Crossing is well balanced. The education for each student is individualized. All 3 of my kids have different learning needs and their needs are being met. I know when my kids leave Prairie Crossing they will be smart, educated and confident individuals ready to take the next steps in life.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Our school has support for the varying needs of the students. The classrooms are equipped with speaker systems and there is an individual speaker that goes around the students neck for kids with hearing issues. Last year there was a student who had issues with his vision, he had a computer at his desk so he could see everything the teacher wrote on the white board. We having staff trained to work with autism, speech issues, learning disabilities and more. Mr. Martin the ESL teacher does amazing work. I have seen children who don't speak English trive and within a year be fluent and comfortable speaking the language.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

When my child was bullied, the issue was addressed immediately by her teacher. I was satisfied with the results because my child was comfortable going to school the following day and didn't fear any negative reactions.

Develops character: Agree

Our school focuses on PRIDE - Positive Attitude, Respect, Integrity, Determination, Effort. Each day students who show PRIDE are given PRIDE ticket. Students who have shown PRIDE are announced during morning announcements.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I think the majority of the teachers at Prairie Crossing are amazing and love teaching our kids. Just like anything else, there are a few exceptions of so so teachers. This is reality, nothing is perfect.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework given is an extension of what is being taught is class or fun learning projects. I personally don't believe the homework is busy work just to give out homework. There is a great homework and after school activity/family balance.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Issues are addressed, discussed and resolved in a timely manner. The students are kind to one another.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

There are programs and communication in place for students of all learning levels (individualized learning). There is a great team of support staff and SPED teachers.

Last modified Prairie Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.