Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Prairie Crossing Elementary School
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 29, 2016
I feel like the staff bends over backwards for parents so that they can understand the dedication they all have for students.

Posted July 29, 2016
My daughter has attended PCE since she was in kindergarten and just recently moved on to middle school where she is doing very well. We have always felt welcome and loved by this school. She has enjoyed every teacher she has had the privilege to work with and we always felt like her individual needs were being met. I am also a teacher and have the highest expectations and warmest regards for all teachers. I have nothing but love for this school and the way they meet the needs of all learners.

Posted April 21, 2014
My children have been attending Praire Crossing for two years for preschool-1st grade. We are very thankful that we have such an outstanding school for our children to attend. The staff and teachers are amazing and the technology program is fantastic thanks to the great Mrs. Blair!

Posted August 22, 2013
Our children love this school. We were concerned after what seemed like a long summer break that they would have a difficult time adjusting to the routine of school. After their first day they were both excited an have been every day since. This is telling of the teachers at Prairie Crossing. GREAT SCHOOL

Posted August 01, 2013
My two kids are so far very much enjoying Prairie Crossing. The teachers have been awesome and the Principal has been vey enthusiastic and very much in tune with the kids and school. I was a skeptical having my kids come into the school from a private school, but we have been more than happy so far. I would thoroughly recommend Prairie Crossing. Every Parent I talk to also says great things about the school.

Prairie Crossing Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2013
High praise for Prairie Crossing! Dont be lulled into thinking TCAPs say everything about a school. You can see in the numbers there are 4 or 5 kids who are underperforming and must be on an IEP or ILP. My 5th grader chose to stay at PCE rather than transfer to the charter school because he liked his teacher so much. The charter was interested in him but not too much in my younger who is on an IEP and has some learning deficits. They said "we want our kids to be a year ahead, I dont think your son would be happy here". The spec ed staff has treated my son with respect and concern, has been open to ideas, flexible and most of all dedicated to helping him succeed. His teacher has been so good to advocate for his needs with the spec. ed staff. We were very happy about change in writing curriculum as well as change in math curriculum from Everyday Math to Singapore. He is finally learning math basics and algebraic concepts that he is going to need to advance to higher math.

Prairie Crossing Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2012
I am very pleased with this school. The school has a true sense of community and parent involvement. The focus is on the big picture, not a week of tests. The technology at this school is fantastic as is the teacher teaching it. It is embedded in everything - I love that. They try to best practices into practice and not just say they are. The principal is GREAT! He runs the school always concerned about the kids first. He makes education decisions as an educator not because parents think they know more; like in other Parker schools. My only negative is that a majority of the primary teacher s classrooms although pretty, well organized and neat, are not set up with boys in mind.

Prairie Crossing Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2011
Why are the csap scores so bad compared to other area schools? The principal has a no homework policy I've heard and maybe that is why my kids arent held accountable for anything. All their friends have now transfered out of the school to go to better ones in the area.

Prairie Crossing Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2011
I would be cautious upon considering sending your student to Prairie Crossing. I have been disappointed with the principal's knowledge level of classroom instruction and assessment. My experience with this school is that the staff's ability to differentiate instruction is challenging. In addition, when reviewing the school's CSAP scores it is disappointing to see their declining scores within the past 3 years. While this school has staff members that are very friendly and welcoming, the quality of this school's performance is currently not competitive with other Parker schools.

Posted May 06, 2011
The teachers and principal are absolutely the best I have ever encountered. They care and take initiative to make their students succeed.

Prairie Crossing Elementary School
11605 South Bradbury Ranch Drive, Parker, CO  80134
Last modified Prairie Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.