Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Why one star? - Poor leadership -Therapists for children with special needs or in need of extra support do not provide adequate feedback nor are they held accountable for service minutes; Our family has specifically requested feedback on therapy sessions on over 8 occassions and the therapy is not targeting the goals appropriately -Security concerns: Parents enter into building without signing in at front desk; playground has low supervision and is not safe from entrance of public intruders; 6th grade classrooms are located in mobile trailers outside the school -Lack of confidentiality at least in our experience from the principal regarding concerns brought to her attention -Art and music are horrible--black and white Xerox copies for children to color in is not art--where are the age/grade appropriate art pieces related to Van Gogh, Picaso, Michelangelo, Monet, Rembrandt? And there is no music concert the children participate in for music class -There should be a hello/acknowledment from every staff member to every adult/child walking through the building; Less then 10% of staff members acknowledge parents walking through the hallways--staff members should be setting a good example

Throughout the years I've had such positive experiences at Prairie Crossing Elementary. My child has thrived since attending this school. She comes home everyday with a smile on her face. She has loved her teachers, peers and all the personalized learning that takes place in the classroom. I believe a school should be a warm, welcoming, and a safe place for students to come that foster their learning. I have volunteered at PCE for several years and have gotten to know the principal and staff very well. They have been so supportive and always have children as their number one priority. When I'm at school volunteering, I see several parents involved, a friendly staff and happy, independent children. I could not ask for a better community of administrators, teachers, parents and children. Everyone at PCE has been responsible for producing a strong, independent and confident little girl.

Prairie Crossing has always been a very warm and welcoming environment. I have always been pleased with the communication between parent and teacher. Our current teacher sends out weekly email updates and also uses a great classroom app so I can see pictures and videos of my kiddo throughout the day. I love seeing him in action. Teachers do an amazing job differentiating for students. I would hate for my student to be at a desk all day filling out worksheets. I love that students are up doing hands on activities. PCE's mission is based around personalized learning and I really have felt that my kiddo enjoys school so much more now that he is having more control over his learning.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mrs. Rotherham is always asking for community input. I feel she respects our ideas and is willing to work with staff and parents.

Prairie Crossing has been a great fit for our family. Our kids love going to school and as parents, my husband and I are very comfortable walking into the building. The staff is amazing and the atmosphere is welcoming. We have been at Prairie Crossing for 4 years and have been very satisfied. My kids are learning so much and are also being exposed to world issues. I love that our school donates school supplies to children in Belize. Some of our very own teachers fly down each year and train the teachers in Belize and spend time teaching the children. The whole experience is captured on Mrs. Blair's Blog. Mrs. Blair is our amazing technology teacher and she is such a kind human being. This year my 2nd grade kids got to Skype with the kids in Belize and it was an eye opener for them. Our school worked together to help one our very own teachers find a kidney. There was also an amazing turnout for the Officer Brite fundraiser. I can go on and on about all the amazing things that are accomplished at our school. I just want people to know Prairie Crossing is more than a neighborhood school, it is an extended family. Students, families and staff are loving and supportive. Prairie Crossing is well balanced. The education for each student is individualized. All 3 of my kids have different learning needs and their needs are being met. I know when my kids leave Prairie Crossing they will be smart, educated and confident individuals ready to take the next steps in life.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Our school has support for the varying needs of the students. The classrooms are equipped with speaker systems and there is an individual speaker that goes around the students neck for kids with hearing issues. Last year there was a student who had issues with his vision, he had a computer at his desk so he could see everything the teacher wrote on the white board. We having staff trained to work with autism, speech issues, learning disabilities and more. Mr. Martin the ESL teacher does amazing work. I have seen children who don't speak English trive and within a year be fluent and comfortable speaking the language.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

When my child was bullied, the issue was addressed immediately by her teacher. I was satisfied with the results because my child was comfortable going to school the following day and didn't fear any negative reactions.

Develops character: Agree

Our school focuses on PRIDE - Positive Attitude, Respect, Integrity, Determination, Effort. Each day students who show PRIDE are given PRIDE ticket. Students who have shown PRIDE are announced during morning announcements.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I think the majority of the teachers at Prairie Crossing are amazing and love teaching our kids. Just like anything else, there are a few exceptions of so so teachers. This is reality, nothing is perfect.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework given is an extension of what is being taught is class or fun learning projects. I personally don't believe the homework is busy work just to give out homework. There is a great homework and after school activity/family balance.

Last modified Prairie Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.