Parker, CO

Posted April 23, 2013
We are very happy with Frontier Valley. My child comes home very happy and excited about something that was learned that day. The teachers we have had have all been great. The academic curriculum seems very good. Also, my child comes home with great art projects and very excited about different experiments they did in science. We would highly recommend this school.

Frontier Valley Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2012
Canterberry is a great neighborhood to live in, but if you are looking for a great elementary school, you may want to expand your search. With high teacher to student ratios (1:35) in many classes, sub-par curriculum, lack of character/morals training, and an overall lack of expecting excellence were issues that caused us to remove our children from this school. We even watched as kids are allowed to use calculators for math tests. Really? Walk the halls of this lovely school and you see a ton of art projects proudly displayed but very little proof that children are being taught how to write, form intelligent arguments, or stretch their intellect beyond the basics the state requires. It's a great place if you just want an all-day PK-5 government funded childcare service so you can go to work. The staff are all nice people and there certainly are exceptions, but overall you should expect your child will not be very challenged and will fall behind their peers are truly great schools. I hope this school will reverse course and work towards greatness. Every child deserves the best.

Frontier Valley Elementary School 2

Posted June 20, 2011
I am very disappointed at the lack of communication by both the administration as well as the teachers. The web site is not kept up to date and there appears to be no standards for content on the site. As far as academics go I'm very concerned that my child is not getting the appropriate curriculum for his grade and that if we switch schools he would be behind other students. I am seriously considering other educational options.

Frontier Valley Elementary School 3

Posted February 17, 2011
While we are only through the first half of my daughter's kindergarten year I am less than impressed with the ability of the curriculum to keep her challenged. At this point in the year the books brought home are less challenging than what she reads by herself at home and she performs simple arithmetic at home while only counting in class. It is frustrating to see her so bored in one of the strongest school districts in the state and at one of the stronger schools in that district. For first grade, we are strongly considering moving her to a different school with a more advanced curriculum and integrated foreign languages. I truly believe that the teachers and staff care for the students. I appreciate that her teacher has made an effort to keep her, and a couple other children, engaged by providing more difficult material than what is given to the rest of the class. I have other problems with the district and the number of teacher in-service or professional development days which happen at least once a month.

Posted April 20, 2010
We recently moved from another school to Frontier Valley Elementary. We have 6 Elementary aged children that attend FVE, and we couldn't be happier with the climate and standard of excellence we are seeing at our new school. Every one of my childrens teachers has taken the time to make them feel welcome and loved from the start we could feel a fabulous difference at FVE! We have been surprised at the personal attention, high standard of education and individual care each of our children have recieved from FVE's amazing teachers, staff and it's great principal Mr Muma. We feel that we have been treated so well that we are sure our school deserves to be named 'America's Favorite'!!!

Posted April 19, 2010
We have the largest school in Douglas county, but yet our principle runs a great school and cares for each of our students. Mr. Muma has even come out to the carpool line and helped my children carry their bags in. Under many buget cuts our school continues to keep their spirits up and raise money for programs that our needed. We have twice as many students as an average elementary school and that alone causes our school to be creative when it comes to managing all of the students. For instance our principle sleep on the school roof in zero degree weather, the coldest night of the year. He lost a bet so on top of the roof is where he camped out, NOW that is a man who cares about his school.

Posted April 17, 2010
One of our children was having severe anxiety and FVE and it's staff were amazing at working with us to help our son. The principal, vice principal and other key staff members all worked together with my husband and me. What a difference it made!!! I love the HERD program they have to make our kids better people at school and around the community.

Posted April 15, 2010
My daughter loves going to school everyday, and that makes life so much more fun!

Posted April 15, 2010
The school really helps teach kids not only academics but honesty and respect... the HERD program is something to be very proud of

Posted April 15, 2010
We are very pleased with our son's teacher and very impressed with the HERD program.

Frontier Valley Elementary School
23919 East Canterberry Trail, Parker, CO  80138
Last modified Frontier Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frontier Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top