Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

We have had 6 children go thru Frontier Valley all had great experiences. The administration and teachers make you feel like family. They have helped walk us thru difficult decisions concerning our children's education. So fortunate to be part of the FVE community.

Amount of homework: no rating

Depends on the teacher I've noticed with most teachers it's an acceptable amount but some do give a little too much.

We transferred from Southeast Christian across town and have been very disappointed by the disparity in staff and curriculum. From speaking to other parents, Pioneer (the next nearest public elementary) is even worse. Not sure if the root cause is the new principal or the district BoE. We will likely summer school back at SEC to catch up to their level and transfer back for the next regular school year despite the commute. Children will be happy as they hate this school while were excited to go to SEC.

We've been at this FVE for 5 years. We had a great principal, but he left for CCSD last year. We still have some great teachers, but they're getting frustrated. The problem isn't the school, it's the district. The BOE hired a superintendent that is systematically destroying public education in favor of privatizing education. It's such a shame because the schools were really good before Elizabeth Fagen was hired. Please don't take my word for it, do the research yourself. And don't move to Douglas County with school-aged children until the BOE and Elizabeth Fagen is replaced. Move into the Cherry Creek school district.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

We've been at FVE for 5 years. We had the greatest principal, but he left for CCSD last year. We still have some good teachers, but they are getting frustrated. The problem isn't the school, it's the district. The BOE has hired and overpaid a superintendent that is systematically destroying public education in the county in favor of privatizing education. Don't take my word for it, do the research. Don't move to DCSD unless they oust the BOE.

My kids loved Frontier Valley and the great teachers and staff of this school. It's also in a great neighborhood.

We are very happy with Frontier Valley. My child comes home very happy and excited about something that was learned that day. The teachers we have had have all been great. The academic curriculum seems very good. Also, my child comes home with great art projects and very excited about different experiments they did in science. We would highly recommend this school.

I am very disappointed at the lack of communication by both the administration as well as the teachers. The web site is not kept up to date and there appears to be no standards for content on the site. As far as academics go I'm very concerned that my child is not getting the appropriate curriculum for his grade and that if we switch schools he would be behind other students. I am seriously considering other educational options.

While we are only through the first half of my daughter's kindergarten year I am less than impressed with the ability of the curriculum to keep her challenged. At this point in the year the books brought home are less challenging than what she reads by herself at home and she performs simple arithmetic at home while only counting in class. It is frustrating to see her so bored in one of the strongest school districts in the state and at one of the stronger schools in that district. For first grade, we are strongly considering moving her to a different school with a more advanced curriculum and integrated foreign languages. I truly believe that the teachers and staff care for the students. I appreciate that her teacher has made an effort to keep her, and a couple other children, engaged by providing more difficult material than what is given to the rest of the class. I have other problems with the district and the number of teacher in-service or professional development days which happen at least once a month.

We recently moved from another school to Frontier Valley Elementary. We have 6 Elementary aged children that attend FVE, and we couldn't be happier with the climate and standard of excellence we are seeing at our new school. Every one of my childrens teachers has taken the time to make them feel welcome and loved from the start we could feel a fabulous difference at FVE! We have been surprised at the personal attention, high standard of education and individual care each of our children have recieved from FVE's amazing teachers, staff and it's great principal Mr Muma. We feel that we have been treated so well that we are sure our school deserves to be named 'America's Favorite'!!!

Last modified Frontier Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.