Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This school truly is a family environment. One where teachers support parents and parents support teachers. A lot is expected of my children, and they are growing so much. It amazes me what my kids are capable of, and now that they are here, they are having opportunities to progress instead of getting stuck and staying stagnant. I would highly recommend!

I have had children at NSA since its inception in 2006. I wouldn't want my kids anywhere else. Yes, NSA is a structured environment and yes, children are expected to behave in such a manner and there are consequences if they don't. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not! Not only is the curriculum amazing, the staff members are too. I always feel welcome in the halls at NSA. I believe both my children have grown significantly and will benefit later in life because of what they have learned at North Star Academy both academically and personally. As we all know, every child is different and one school may or may not be right for them so please check out any school for yourself before relying on reviews you may read!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Love, love, love some of the teachers that our kids have had!! They answer emails promptly, have weekly folders, include us in any concerns that have come up.

From the minute you walk in the door and are greeted by the receptionist with a friendly smile and helpful attitude till you leave after your mission is accomplished, this school stands out!

Our children have experienced tremendous academic and emotional growth at NSA!! This school fosters a very nurturing and structured environment by focusing on character development and service projects. The staff is exceptional and the leadership is approachable and inspiring.

We have been at NSA for 6 years now and it has been a great experience. The staff is great and it is a very warm and welcoming environment. I love the academics and the strong character education program!

Amount of homework: Agree

The administration has worked hard to find a "just right" balance. Parents are surveyed each year on this topic, and the majority agree.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They truly care about their students, and have their best interests in mind. Students can sense this and are eager to learn in a classroom where they feel accepted.

As a parent with a special needs child, I would not recommend this school to any family that has a child who needs extra support. The school is extremely ill equipt to accommodate for anything except reading groups. In addition to a huge lack in services for special needs, bullying is a huge problem and starts at the top and goes all the way down to the parents and children.

I just spent a week hosting a book fair at North Star. Once again I was impressed with the students and staff, Lori Wood the Librarian, and the incredible parental support they had throughout the week. Students are well-behaved and courteous, and parental involvement makes for a very caring and fun atmosphere. I look forward to returning to help them with their next fair!

Last modified North Star Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.