Posted October 26, 2014
Our experience at Pine Lane over the past seven years has been fantastic! The teachers, administration and staff truly care about the students. We have a lot to offer: a Gifted and Talented Program, a strong Special Education Program, STEM, World Languages, Residency Program, a Band, Orchestra and Choir program and all the specials (Music, Art, PE and Health). Class sizes are smaller than most other schools in the district. The PTO is strong and runs great events like the Fall Festival, Chili Dinner, Winter Fest and Bear Crawl that brings the whole school and community together. Please come check out all the great things happening at our school!

Posted October 22, 2014
Pine Lane has grown tremendously over the last several years. The administration is quick to respond to any student needs. They have a full time RTI staff ensuring that our students get what they need. We have two full time STEM teachers which equates to a ton of hands on learning and we are rolling out a brand new World Languages program. Our teachers and staff really enjoy their students and jobs. As a parent of a sensory needs child it is wonderful to have an amazing sensory friendly classroom. The community is strong and offers numerous opportunities to get involved and connect with other students

Posted August 12, 2014
I wonder about the fidelity of some postings and comments in regards to Pine Lane. This school has made a tremendous amount of positive progress in the last several years and anyone who is involved in the school knows, and has been part of, decisions that have enhanced the educational program for students (STEM, World Language, Educator Residency). I encourage anyone to visit the school and learn more about what is really happening. Ask for the most recent parent/community survey results and you will find overwhelmingly positive support for Pine Lane and the collective efforts to enhance academic programming, safety and community involvement. In this day in age of competition between local schools for enrollment, I wonder if some comments posted about local schools actually come from school community members or others trying to gain an advantage by making some schools look bad. Pine Lane has attracted students through Open Enrollment and transfers from Charter schools. Please be a smart consumer of information and find out more before you come to a quick judgment. Pine Lane is definitely a school worth considering as a wonderful educational experience for your child(ren).

Posted July 29, 2014
I was really excited when we moved into the Parker area because Douglas County had such a good reputation, that is no longer the case as they are financially broke and mismanaged. Pine Lane its self is terrible. The front desk staff is rude and unorganized. A good amount of the teachers have lost their passion for teaching leaving student to suffer in academics. If you don't believe me please look at the school rating in the last year, they have gone from a "B" to a "C" rating. I have had several other parents agree that Pine Lane is dysfunctional and that the list of on going problems is overwhelming. Most of us have looked into others schools in the area to send our children. If you have to send your child there, please make sure that you keep a close eye to make sure that your child is treated fair and that your teacher isn't just counting the days until retirement!

Posted July 26, 2014
I was told this is a STEM school. I really don't understand WHY it is a STEM school? My child went to a science class 2 days every 3rd week. I think the teachers were nice enough, but everyone is too busy assessing and testing. My child's academic levels seem so far behind what my in-laws kids are learning and doing in Denver. Why?

Posted June 17, 2014
There are better schools in the area with newer facilities. Too many nasty people there and it starts at the top.

Posted June 05, 2014
Pine Lane is not a great school. Very low average and a leadership team that is not in touch with its kids. Poor discipline and follow through, teach to the test mentality, and only trying to impress the district leadership. Before and after school is crowded and unorganized. Grading system has no bearing on progress, and unnecessary fundraisers for kids.

Posted November 08, 2013
PLE is not a school that looks at a child as an individual. They teach to the minimum state standards and that's it. They do not look at a child as an individual to see what their needs are but as just a body. It was a horrible experience dealing with teachers and the administration at this school. Minimal extra curricular activities to speak of and please check out the website, says a lot about the school compared to other schools in the district. A bare minimum effort is put forth at this school and it shows from the top down. No initiatives have been taken to make this a great school. If you're OK with subpar average at best and this is your feeder school, then there you go. Since we do have a choice, choose wisely and do your homework first. That's where I made my mistake. The leadership of this school sets the tone for the entire school. Meet and ask questions first to see what you're getting into. That should be enough to steer you clear. Absolutely not pushing kids to do their best. Wished I would have done my homework first and saved a lot of wasted time. So glad to be gone!

Posted October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to research and review schools on behalf of your child. Please understand that the data that is used to rate Pine Lane Elementary School, by Great Schools, is restricted to state testing data and does not account for other quality school indicators. Pine Lane is a high performing school and continues to exceed state testing averages and targets. The data from our annual community and parent survey indicates overwhelmingly positive feedback and support in all of our critical school focus areas including: academic programming, safety, communication, involvement, leadership and accountability. Our school community is diverse, dynamic and comprehensive which makes it very unique in comparison to other neighborhood and charter schools in Douglas County. Diversity, dedication and diligence are core values of our school community and we continue to progress with our instructional practices and approaches that benefit our 21st century students. I encourage you to visit our school website for more specific information about our instructional programs and learning opportunities. Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you. -Danelle Hiatt, Principal

Posted May 02, 2013
We moved from Pine Lane after four years and had no idea how poor the education was at Pine Lane until moving. If your child is gifted and talented or special needs it is fine but otherwise you are shuffled along with no individualized learning. It has taken my son a long time to catch up and I attribute this disservice to Pine Lane.

Pine Lane Elementary School
6485 East Ponderosa Dr, Parker, CO  80138
Last modified Pine Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top