Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some departments are stronger than others. The English Dept is particularly good. The Math Dept has had a lot of turnover.

We have 3 children at Ponderosa and have had a very positive experience. All are thriving academically and have had great extracurricular and athletic experiences. Teachers have always been very responsive to parent inquiries and willing to work with their students for any extra help needed. None of our children have ever encountered any bullying or other negative social issues. We consider Ponderosa overall to be an excellent public school.

My oldest son has always had a hard time fitting in because of his intelligence. He has thrived at Ponderosa this Freshman year. He has the most amazing teachers who listen to his needs as long as he voices them. He has a 4.0 GPA and loves the choices he has in classes as well as the teachers. I am looking forward to sending my next 2 kids to this HS as well. I will deal with both the top end and SSN depts. at this HS.

What a horrible experience! So bad that we are pulling our Freshman daughter out to attend another school for the rest of her high school career! Many teachers do not input the students current grades so you never exactly know just where you student stands in their classes. Also the math department is a joke. 5 emails to a certain teacher went unanswered for 5 weeks and only when I phoned the principle did I finally get a response from "the" teacher that addressed nothing that was in my emails. The students are more interested in partying and bullying on-line (via AskFM.com....parents should know if their kids use this site, because it is eye opening!)....I found that there was little focus on college from the students and that the environment was not conducive for learning and not focused on growing healthy students who want to pursue a college education... We are selling our home in Pradera and moving on. I just hope that how ever buys our home does not have children that would be attending Ponderosa....and even though we want to sell our home I cannot in good faith not answer them honestly when they ask about the local high school in their immediate district.

I am so thankful to the staff and administration at Ponderosa for helping my children achieve their dreams! I currently have a Junior at PHS who will have her choice of any college she wishes to attend and is already receiving scholarship offers. I have a child in college who was completely prepared for the rigors of college classes and is ready to move on to medical school. I also have a child in grad school who received a full scholarship to the Air Force Academy and a full scholarship to grad school. Their academic success can be directly attributed to the outstanding teachers at PHS. I highly recommend Ponderosa to all parent and students!

The teachers at PHS are incredibly supportive of kids and their education. They also support our children emotionally, personally, and futuristically. We couldn't be happier with our experience there.

I have had many good conversations with teachers and admin at the school. I see lots of parents getting involved in activities. For a school that is shrinking in size due to the new school being opened I see the kids being involved as well. From the Sheriff's reports generated at the school, there are far less criminal incidents at Pondo that the other 2 Parker schools. My son has excelled in this school!

Ponderosa has a Caring and professional staff, with outstanding athletics and activities. I am a graduate of Ponderosa and give it a 5 out of 5!

As an alum of Ponderosa High School, I cannot possibly say enough positive praises about this school. Ponderosa pushed me to excel both academically and in community involvement during my 4 years there, earning me several hundred thousand dollars of scholarships to universities across the U.S., including a full tuition scholarship to the University of Denver. Now that I am out of school and working, I am so grateful to not be burdened by student loan payments. I still remain in contact with some of Ponderosa's top-notch teachers, and would confidently recommend Ponderosa to any student or parent. Don't be fooled by other newer schools in the area- newer does not necessarily mean better. Ponderosa is tried and true, and still offering the best option for academics and extracurriculars in Douglas County... Go Mustangs!

This is just a great school, hands down. The AP classes are second to none, and the staff will go out of their way to help students. I would have absolutely no problem recommending this school to anyone looking to send their child to a high performing high school, with great teachers, and great extracurricular activities.

Last modified Ponderosa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.