Parker, CO
Students enrolled: 1,166

Ponderosa High School 1

Posted June 04, 2014
What a horrible experience! So bad that we are pulling our Freshman daughter out to attend another school for the rest of her high school career! Many teachers do not input the students current grades so you never exactly know just where you student stands in their classes. Also the math department is a joke. 5 emails to a certain teacher went unanswered for 5 weeks and only when I phoned the principle did I finally get a response from "the" teacher that addressed nothing that was in my emails. The students are more interested in partying and bullying on-line (via AskFM.com....parents should know if their kids use this site, because it is eye opening!)....I found that there was little focus on college from the students and that the environment was not conducive for learning and not focused on growing healthy students who want to pursue a college education... We are selling our home in Pradera and moving on. I just hope that how ever buys our home does not have children that would be attending Ponderosa....and even though we want to sell our home I cannot in good faith not answer them honestly when they ask about the local high school in their immediate district.

Posted February 09, 2013
I am so thankful to the staff and administration at Ponderosa for helping my children achieve their dreams! I currently have a Junior at PHS who will have her choice of any college she wishes to attend and is already receiving scholarship offers. I have a child in college who was completely prepared for the rigors of college classes and is ready to move on to medical school. I also have a child in grad school who received a full scholarship to the Air Force Academy and a full scholarship to grad school. Their academic success can be directly attributed to the outstanding teachers at PHS. I highly recommend Ponderosa to all parent and students!

Posted January 19, 2012
The teachers at PHS are incredibly supportive of kids and their education. They also support our children emotionally, personally, and futuristically. We couldn't be happier with our experience there.

Posted April 04, 2011
I have had many good conversations with teachers and admin at the school. I see lots of parents getting involved in activities. For a school that is shrinking in size due to the new school being opened I see the kids being involved as well. From the Sheriff's reports generated at the school, there are far less criminal incidents at Pondo that the other 2 Parker schools. My son has excelled in this school!

Posted April 04, 2011
Ponderosa has a Caring and professional staff, with outstanding athletics and activities. I am a graduate of Ponderosa and give it a 5 out of 5!

Posted April 03, 2011
As an alum of Ponderosa High School, I cannot possibly say enough positive praises about this school. Ponderosa pushed me to excel both academically and in community involvement during my 4 years there, earning me several hundred thousand dollars of scholarships to universities across the U.S., including a full tuition scholarship to the University of Denver. Now that I am out of school and working, I am so grateful to not be burdened by student loan payments. I still remain in contact with some of Ponderosa's top-notch teachers, and would confidently recommend Ponderosa to any student or parent. Don't be fooled by other newer schools in the area- newer does not necessarily mean better. Ponderosa is tried and true, and still offering the best option for academics and extracurriculars in Douglas County... Go Mustangs!

Posted April 01, 2011
This is just a great school, hands down. The AP classes are second to none, and the staff will go out of their way to help students. I would have absolutely no problem recommending this school to anyone looking to send their child to a high performing high school, with great teachers, and great extracurricular activities.

Posted April 01, 2011
Ponderosa is a great school in a great school district. It is a huge part of the community of Parker.

Posted April 01, 2011
Although Ponderosa is the second oldest school in the county, it continues to be one of the best in preparing students for college. PHS has an excellent selection of AP classes and college credit classes. They have a great selection of extra curricular activities, giving students an opportunity to get involved. Their athletic programs are THE best in Parker, garnering 22 state championships, compared to a combined 2 among the other high schools in Parker.

Posted April 01, 2011
Ponderosa has a great business department not only offering 13 well designed courses from Microsoft Office to Marketing, but classes such as Entrepreneurship and Multimedia. The Microsoft Office class offers certification in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. The business department also has the Apple Award winner teacher and all the business teachers have master's degrees.

Ponderosa High School
7007 East Bayou Gulch Rd, Parker, CO  80134
Last modified Ponderosa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponderosa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top