Parker, CO

Posted May 06, 2015
My kids have been at this school for 3 years now after transferring from a Castle Pines school. We love it the kids love it. This year we got a new principle Josh Miller and he has been great. He is very supportive of kids, families as well as the teachers. Very well balanced. The Asst. Principle Dan Relic is great too! We have loved everyone one of our teachers and the front desk assistants. I only wish the school had an after school writing club for kids who struggle. There is one teach who does math review before school for his class and that has helped my kid a lot. I recommend this school even if you are open enrolling

Posted April 12, 2015
Cherokee Trail Elementary is a great little neighborhood school. The teachers and support staff really work hard to get to know the kids and help them out. The office staff are always friendly and welcoming when you walk through the doors. CTE is blessed with a wonderful supportive community of involved parents. Everyday you see volunteers working hard with school events and working in classrooms helping teachers. The new principal is working hard to transform the school to offer more learning opportunities for the students with a focus on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) Project Based Learning. There are permanent art installations throughout the school that 6th grade students have created over the years. Pretty cool that kids get to leave something unique behind for others to enjoy for many years to come before they go off to middle school. Is the school perfect? No. But do they work hard for the best interests of the students? ABSOLUTELY!!! I believe that there is something wonderful and special to be said about a humble little neighborhood school that kids can walk to and spend so many wonderful years growing up in.

Posted April 01, 2014
This is a great school, great parent involvement, activities, before and after school care. My child is doing better than he has at other schools.

Cherokee Trail Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2014
This school isnt a good school to send your children people. Im sure the last post from the parent is one of the people they play favoritism to... They play favoritism to certain kids there some of the teachers and Kate Moss the school Principle there dont care about whatever the parents concerns are that's happening in the school... I regret sending my kids there. This was the worse school that I know of. These people really don't care about some of the kids that don't get the same treatment/attention like the other kids they favor with. Be aware of this school people, please.

Posted January 31, 2014
My kids love this school. We have been very pleased with all of their teachers and other office staff. There is a ton of parent involvement with lots of classroom volunteers, special events and fund raisers. The kids center day care is also great. My kids really enjoy going there. I couldn't be happier with the school. The parent that wrote a comment about them losing her son left out an important detail... Her son was participating in a voluntary running program after school. It was not a day care program! The Kids Running America program was run by volunteers. Please stop bad mouthing the school, the P.E. Teacher has a heart of gold. She was/is not a babysitter, she was providing a fun optional activity for kids to participate in. I'm one of several hundred parents that think she is great!

Cherokee Trail Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
Your child is not safe at this school! As of today, this is the second tme Cherokee Trail has literally lost my son. The 1st time, I didn't even get a call from the school, I heard of him missing from the daycare who went to pick him up and he wasn't there. Today, he was picked up by the Parker police after someone saw a van stop to talk to him. When I arrived, they were non chalant about it, simply said, we can't find him. They took a couple laps around the school before even acting like it was a problem, and then had the audacity to yell at me when I stressed the seriousness of the situation. Do not send your child here, they don't care about your kids.

Cherokee Trail Elementary School 2

Posted August 12, 2013
This school lacks proper leadership from the principal and certain teachers. It's sad that the leader of this school has no "people skills" or empathy for what students endure when they are struggling with subjects and requires payment for teachers to lend a hand in tutoring.

Posted May 31, 2013
I think Cherokee Trail is a great school and I am proud to work there. We have great students, supportive families, and hard-working, experienced staff. I also think that our current principal is excellent. She is definitely not a pushover, but I see on a daily basis that she makes decisions with the best interests of students and her staff at heart. She truly cares about and knows each student at our school.

Posted August 17, 2012
I agree with the last post. I have had 3 children at Cherokee Trail, my youngest is in her final 2 years. My oldest struggled his way through, no fault of the teachers. However, they did give him a good basic education and he ended up in AP classes at Chap. My middle child was a struggling reader. They worked with her and now reading is one of her strengths. My youngest is consistently in the top 25% of the advanced placement students, and every teacher she has had went out of their way to provide challenging material to keep her ahead of the curve. Yes, there is a focus on education, but I don't think that is necessarily the teachers decision. The feds, state, and district are constantly pushing for higher scores, so the result is less time for other things. IMHO

Posted July 22, 2012
Our oldest son started at Cherokee Trail in 1999. Our youngest is there now. It's true that there have been many changes through the years; some good and some bad, but it isn't fair to just bash the current principle and call it day. Yes, Regina was amazing, and Drew Francis did an awesome job. Change is hard, but I have learned to take it a year at a time. Every school has teachers that are amazing, and teachers that should have persued a different career. Unfortunately, you can't have the "perfect" teacher every year. You can, however, stay involved and keep the lines of communication open to ensure your child gets the best education he can...no matter what school they attend. Yes, our class sizes are increasing. We have a huge community, budget cuts, and a district that decides what the cut off is for class sizes. It just makes me want to help in the classroom as much as I can. I love Cherokee Trail. It may not be "perfect", but it is my neighborhood school and has been a part of our family for many years. There are many people there that give it their all each and every day!

Cherokee Trail Elementary School
17302 Clarke Farms Dr, Parker, CO  80134
Last modified Cherokee Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherokee Trail Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top