Parker, CO
Students enrolled: 2,054

Posted June 29, 2014
I have nothing but good things to say about Chaparral. The family feeling that resonates through the hallways is a rarity only found in certain schools. Chaparral's education is far above other competing schools as well. And besides the classroom Chaparral has outstanding extracurriculars that never failed to amaze me. You would be doing your child wrong from keeping them from such a great school and overall experience.

Chaparral High School 1

Posted May 23, 2013
I failed 3 years in a row here before switching to online school where I'm a straight A student on the honor roll. I had good relationship with all the teachers but the curriculum they have to teach isn't very helpful for the real world. The english department through and through has shown exemplary care and effort, more so than any other part of the school. However, it seems that department has been cut the most. The school has absolutely zero diversity. And when there is diversity that finds its way into the school, the kids don't know how to handle it because they've never been around it. And then they bully. The kids there don't know the difference between $1,000 and $10,000. They don't have parents they have nanny's. Just imagine a crammed school with kids of that upbringing around every corner. I was constantly bullied and made fun of, but it doesn't matter and the administrators don't care unless you're on the football or lacrosse team. I know I'm smart, but I constantly failed. Yet I watched the kids on the sports team who are dumber than a box of rocks pass with flying colors. It's not a good system.

Chaparral High School 2

Posted July 05, 2012
Is this a 4A or 5a high school/ I would like a football season schedule sent to me.

Posted June 22, 2012
I had two students graduate from Chaparral High. One attended University in Colorado - one out of state. They both excelled beyond their peers, and both credit the education they got at Chaparral as the reason. In particular, the English department was amazing, the teachers very caring & fun. My youngest graduated 5 years ago and she still talks about her teachers with fondness. I was impressed with the principal and his efforts in making each student feel that he knew them by name. Pretty impressive.

Chaparral High School 4

Posted July 01, 2010
I have had two children attend and attended Chaparral. By in large, I think they do an incredible job without much budget. The teachers are caring and the students are mostly from middle class schools. Unfortunately, this homogeneous population leads to a level of racial and religious intolerance that can be troublesome. By in large though, there is not much friction in the student population.

Posted June 16, 2010
There is so much enthusiasm and energy present in the halls. The level of respect among students and staff has impressed me as well as the professionalism of the teachers. It is a positive place to be. The academic culture is excellent and and there are so many ways to get involved.

Chaparral High School 2

Posted June 15, 2010
My son attended Chaparral for two years and the school failed him both years. For an area that has very little minority students, they fall short promoting and educating their student body on cultural tolerance and acceptance. I agree with the previous posting, for the "average" student, they need to improve their strategies to ensure academic success. Very disappointed in the administration when assistance was needed to assist my student in feeling a part of the school with very little diversity and acceptance.

Chaparral High School 1

Posted December 08, 2009
I go to the University of Colorado at Boulder and am studying Chemical Engineering. I went to Chaparral and upon coming to CU I became distinctly aware of how inadequately my high school prepared me. In my major I had to play catch up in math and science to anyone who went to any other school. It did not matter that I was enrolled in AP courses and actually took two courses at a local college. The teachers do not want to be there and the teaching is sub-par in many departments (except, perhaps, the English department).

Chaparral High School 0

Posted August 19, 2009
Chaparral High School truly cares about kids and academic acheivement. From Mr. Peterson's leadership to the wonderful teachers I couldn't be more proud to have my kids attend Chaparral.

Posted June 24, 2009

Chaparral High School
15655 Brookstone Dr, Parker, CO  80134
Last modified Chaparral High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chaparral High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top