Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Posted September 15, 2014
We recently moved to Colorado and my son just started at this school. I am so pleased with our decision to come here. He says it is the best school he has ever been to and the teachers in his words "awesome". That says a lot as he usually dislikes school and I have switched him to a number of places before. There was an issue with one of the teachers and when I told the counselor about it she immediately addressed it and put my son in another class.

Sierra Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2011
I have had two students at Sierra and am debating whether to send our third there, also. They use "fuzzy math" (CPM series) in their gifted & talented ("Discovery") classes, which kills the kids when they hit high school. The Discovery English classes don't spend enough time on composition- also a killer when kids hit AP classes. But the music and science programs are second to none. No school is perfect, but this one is pretty good. The principal is as tech-savvy as a snail, however, and needs to crawl out from under her rock. These kids have no choice but to live in a high-tech world, yet the classrooms look like a throwback to 1972. Weird.

Sierra Middle School 1

Posted May 18, 2009
I used to think Sierra was a good school, but it has changed. The teacher quality has declined, and the feel of the school has become cold and impersonal. I have been very disappointed this year, and I look forward to saying good bye to Sierra.

Sierra Middle School

Posted January 21, 2008
This is a wonderful school. I have no complaints in any areas. Both my children were in the Gifted/Talented program here. The teachers are fantastic, no matter what level your kids are in (GT or non- GT). I have had great rapport with all the staff at all levels. We have never had any issues in this school, it's one of the best I know.

Sierra Middle School 2

Posted November 19, 2007
So far my experience is poor. They are not good at helping new kids acclamate to a new 7 period environment when coming from one classroom and one teacher. I've spoken with the counselor assigned and with some of the teachers, so far, I'm very disappointed. There's limited help for those kids who are sharp, but need a little guidance and instruction on proper study habits and organization.

Posted April 20, 2007
This school is soooooo great I love it.It has the best teachers and the best behaved kids I have ever seen this is a fantastic school.

Posted December 19, 2005
Sierra is a great school for kids that are gifted and talented like me. I love their discovery program and I have tons of friends.

Sierra Middle School 4

Posted July 29, 2005
This school was great I hade a fun time being involved with this school and the teachers are great!

Posted March 04, 2005
Cool school! I give it a ten out of 5! im a gt student( gifted and talented), and Sierra has a team (group of classes) fitting for me! It's called Discovery, and I'm going into it next year. I feel very safe here, and i have great teachers, who really care about more than my grades and how good I make them look. If you have a gifted child, this is the best school for them. :)

Posted February 19, 2005
I am a foster parent in the Sierra MS area. We have had many foster student attending Sierra over the years. Sierra MS designs curricula around the special needs of Our fosters. The ammout of support for parents and students is outstanding. Administrators, Counselors and teachers work together to provide a safe a effective educational experience for each individual. They are always ready to go the extra mile for my foster family! John Edwards

Sierra Middle School
6651 East Pine Lane Avenue, Parker, CO  80138
Last modified Sierra Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.