Parker, CO

Posted September 15, 2014
We recently moved to Colorado and my son just started at this school. I am so pleased with our decision to come here. He says it is the best school he has ever been to and the teachers in his words "awesome". That says a lot as he usually dislikes school and I have switched him to a number of places before. There was an issue with one of the teachers and when I told the counselor about it she immediately addressed it and put my son in another class.

Sierra Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2011
I have had two students at Sierra and am debating whether to send our third there, also. They use "fuzzy math" (CPM series) in their gifted & talented ("Discovery") classes, which kills the kids when they hit high school. The Discovery English classes don't spend enough time on composition- also a killer when kids hit AP classes. But the music and science programs are second to none. No school is perfect, but this one is pretty good. The principal is as tech-savvy as a snail, however, and needs to crawl out from under her rock. These kids have no choice but to live in a high-tech world, yet the classrooms look like a throwback to 1972. Weird.

Sierra Middle School 1

Posted May 18, 2009
I used to think Sierra was a good school, but it has changed. The teacher quality has declined, and the feel of the school has become cold and impersonal. I have been very disappointed this year, and I look forward to saying good bye to Sierra.

Posted May 14, 2008

Sierra Middle School 0

Posted January 21, 2008
This is a wonderful school. I have no complaints in any areas. Both my children were in the Gifted/Talented program here. The teachers are fantastic, no matter what level your kids are in (GT or non- GT). I have had great rapport with all the staff at all levels. We have never had any issues in this school, it's one of the best I know.

Posted December 02, 2007

Sierra Middle School 2

Posted November 19, 2007
So far my experience is poor. They are not good at helping new kids acclamate to a new 7 period environment when coming from one classroom and one teacher. I've spoken with the counselor assigned and with some of the teachers, so far, I'm very disappointed. There's limited help for those kids who are sharp, but need a little guidance and instruction on proper study habits and organization.

Posted August 07, 2007

Posted April 20, 2007
This school is soooooo great I love it.It has the best teachers and the best behaved kids I have ever seen this is a fantastic school.

Posted September 17, 2006

Sierra Middle School
6651 Pine Ln Ave, Parker, CO  80138
Last modified Sierra Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top