Iron Horse Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2014
Poor administration at this school. It's no wonder so many have withdrawn their children to attend another school. Poor behavior amongst students is tolerated. Bully behavior is tolerated. In the classroom expect the teacher to teach to the lowest student. If your children are average to low then you probably won't notice the lack of leadership and quality of education. The environment feels more like a daycare than a school.

Iron Horse Elementary School 5

Posted June 14, 2014
I have three children at Iron Horse and absolutely love our school. We have phenomenal teachers, leadership and parent involvement, and my children thrive here. Our principal prioritizes learning opportunities, not test scores. I am an education policy expert and am quite discerning and observant--I have very high standards and know well what a good school should do and be. Despite our choice in DougCo, I choose my high quality neighborhood school.

Iron Horse Elementary School 1

Posted July 08, 2013
My daughter has been in this school for 2 years. She has gotten so far behind that I've had to hire a tutor. There is a huge lack of communication between the teachers and parents. I have reached out so many times to the teachers about how far behind she is and have gotten little response. Parent teacher conferences consisted of my daughter explaining her scores to me while the teacher was no where to be found all through second grade. There is a big problem with bullying. Communication in general for the entire school is very poor. Overall, 2 years later and I'm paying for 159 hours of tutor at $58/hour to get my daughter caught up. This school was so bad for her that we are moving to another town to get her in a better school.

Iron Horse Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2013
I have two kids at this school. It's mixed for me since we've had a couple of great teachers and then more of them not so great. I think my biggest complaint is the lack of communication between the school and parents. The school does not post needed information on the website and most of the time you find out about events at the last minute (sometimes less than a day in advance). Can't say much for the academics either. I'm disappointed with the lack of thorough teaching. If I had a better choice in the area, I would pulled my kids out of that school so fast. I think leadership is key for schools; maybe better leadership? A crackdown on bullying? Maybe some parents could teach their kids some manners? ugh.

Iron Horse Elementary School 5

Posted January 12, 2013
This is a great school with highly involved parents. Every day there are parents volunteering throughout the school--not because they have to but because they want to. We have encountered nothing but excellent teachers at this school and the principal is very available for parents and visible throughout the school/involved in everything and a part of the children's educational experience. My children have been challenged academically and had their coursework adjusted in order to challenge them academically at a higher than "average" level. We have no complaints whatsoever about Iron Horse Elementary.

Iron Horse Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2011
I love this school!! My child has been a student since 2009 and our experience has been wonderful. The teachers are great and caring. On an academic level I have found that the learning programs have been challenging for my child as well.

Iron Horse Elementary School 0

Posted May 24, 2009
I have a child at this school and have been extremely disappointed. I send occasional emails and they are not returned. The school does not explain its processes until you bring it up--then they explain it but it still isn't clear. In the office with parents there, staff were talking negatively about a student in front of the parent which is very unprofessional. If I could, I would move my child, perhaps even out of the district.

Iron Horse Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2009
I have two children in this school and one at another elememtary school the district and I am very disappointed in this school. I have heard teachers talking about other teachers and students in the hallway which I feel is very unprofessional. The work load in not challenging, I feel my children have hardly made any progress in this school year. Teachers are unresponsive to questions and concerns. The classroom is a pit, how is anyone suppose to learn in that kind of environment. The classroom lacks structure and discipline. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Since I do have another child in another elementary school I can definately form an opinion on the differences of the schools and this one is lacking in several areas.

Iron Horse Elementary School 0

Posted December 04, 2007
Our family moved out of the state of Colorado and we miss this school. This school is a top school and everyone on staff always goes the extra mile.

Iron Horse Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2006
Most parents involve a lot in volunteering at school. They have the choirs, beginner and advanced orchestras, and beginner and advanced bands. They have the Music teacher, Art teacher and PE teacher. Very well equipped for all those classes. Office staffs are very friendly. Majority students are whites, but I had no problems with my ethnic children attending this school. Great teachers and great students!

Iron Horse Elementary School
20151 Tallman Dr, Parker, CO  80138
Last modified Iron Horse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iron Horse Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top