Parker, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted August 29, 2014
Feeling very grateful we moved to DCSD and Mountain View Elementary! We recently moved to CO from AZ and we are SO pleased with MVE! The energy in this school is full of joy and happiness! The leadership is authentic and passionate and truly care about my child's future. I told Principal Francis I feel like I won the lottery by finding this gem! Our family is blessed and we couldn't be happier about our present and excited about our future! Thank you for working so hard MVE!

Posted August 27, 2014
I can't begin to give enough praise to this school. We attended a nearby school for kindergarten and were less than satisfied. I had an uneasy feeling every time he was dropped off. I stopped by Mountain View for a tour, in hopes of seeking out other options. Our family has been beyond impressed ever since. We open enrolled and signed our son up the same day. It's a difference of night and day from last year. The positivity exudes from the principal, all staff which the children pick up on. I dropped my son off several days into the school year, and the staff in parent drop off addressed him by name. It's the small touches, and strong efforts of communication which make such impressive relationships. The school is very organized, implement creative learning techniques. Our teacher is dedicated, innovative, has passion for teaching. Last year, we were made to feel that our child was a challenge, hard to deal with. It's amazing what encouragement, and a fostering environment can do. My son finally enjoys school, it isn't a daily battle sending him. Thank you Mountain View for giving us the positive change our family desperately needed!

Posted March 16, 2014
Mountain View Elementary is an amazing school. The teachers and principal are the best I've ever met. I would recommend this school for children of all abilities. I know that when my kids are at school they are really loved and cared for. I'm so happy to have my kids attend this fantastic, public neighborhood school.

Posted February 21, 2014
What a nice change to visit a school that has a friendly staff and an outstanding principal! My child has not started school at MVE yet but will be in the Fall. Drew Francis is a great person who genuinely cares about all of the students at his school. As I'm finding this is a real rarity in Parker. The day we toured the school the kids literally formed a line to hug Mr. Francis. That speaks volumes to me! MVE has a brand new computer lab, a castle themed library, which my child loved during the tour. It's nice to have such a fantastic neighborhood school. Thank you Mountain View.

Posted January 03, 2014
Mountain View is a wonderful school, with an amazing principal and wonderful, dedicated teachers. The school is warm and welcoming, the parents are involved and supportive. It truly is a school that I love sending my kids to everyday. They are encouraged, challenged, and given amazing tools to succeed. I honestly don't have enough positive adjectives to describe how pleased I am, and my only negative thing is that we only have 2 years left there before my youngest child will move on.

Posted October 02, 2013
The principal and teachers are amazing, dedicated professionals at this school. Communication is impressive, involved, personal and encouraged. Funding from the gov, and policies implemented by a current BOE that go against the majority interests of teachers and parents here challenge this entire county at the moment. These are common issues for the most part and the community is working to improve the current BOE for Douglas County. At this school, and the schools that it feeds, the fundraising by the PTO, the dedication of the staff and the extraordinary involvement of the parent community keep this school community tight knit and successful. It is a community wonderful here, and the schools are great! The kids excel and feel safe and challenged. The specials and extracurricular activities are awesome, and the technology availability is amazing!

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2013
BASE (Before and After School Care) is wonderful! Preschool and Kindergarten staff are amazing! Lunch ladies are very friendly! Special Ed team is pathetic! Adequate school for normal kids. Horrible school for above-average or below average students. Principal gives a good 'song and dance', but that's it.

Posted June 09, 2013
I open enrolled my 2 girls to Mountain View Elementary for the last 2 years and that was the best decision I could have made! Mr. Francis and his staff are really incredible. There is an energy in the school that is amazing! ALL of the staff are friendly and really show how much they love the students and their jobs. Our family went through some pretty major changes in the last year. And, because of the consistent love and support to my children from the staff, the transition for the girls was less stressful. I highly recommend parents to enroll their child(ren) to this exceptional school. Mr. Francis and his staff provide a safe, challenging, loving and motivating environment for which parents would be extremely pleased.

Posted December 19, 2012
Mtn. View is an excellent school. Mr. Francis is amazing. The staff and teachers go above and beyond for the kids. We have been so lucky to have this school.

Posted September 27, 2012
As a family just moving from overseas to the U.S., we were not sure how our kids would adjust to their new school environment, new classmates or teachers. Our daughters ages 3 and 7, were immediately welcomed by the kids, the staff and the principle. Mr. Francis s energy level, passion and enthusiasm is amazing. The kindness and respect among the kids and teachers are wonderful. A key point for us when deciding on the school was encouraging the desire to learn. We started at Mt. View Elementary in a summer reading program and my daughter was so encouraged by her teacher Mrs. Rondou, that her desire for reading took off. We were fortunate to have Mrs. Rondou as her 2nd grade teacher as well and now our daughter's reading has improved a great deal. The staff s passion for teaching shows as both my kids have improved bounds in both English, math and reading. Our oldest child enjoys all her subjects, which tells me that all her teachers are well positioned. In addition, we appreciate the values they encourage - teamwork to achieve goals, problem solving, creativity, and personal development. The only complaint my youngest daughter has is that the school days are not longer!

Mountain View Elementary School
8502 East Pinery Parkway, Parker, CO  80134
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top