School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Mountain View Elementary! You will see NR (no rating) for our school because this rating is partially based on test scores. Testing does not start in Colorado until 3rd Grade. Mountain View is a PK-2 primary, neighborhood school that strives to provide a nurturing environment focusing on what is good for young children academically, socially and emotionally. We encourage you to contact the Mountain View office to set up an opportunity to see and feel our amazing school. You may also visit our website at mvp.dcsdk12.org. Please select the Why Choose MVE? tab to explore a virtual tour, a video showcasing a typical day at Mountain View, a message from the Principal and much more! Sincerely, Drew Francis, Principal
April 14, 2015

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 14, 2015

Posted April 13, 2015
We have had 4 children attend Mountain View Elementary and will soon have a fifth. We love this little school. The teachers that we have been involved with have been wonderful. The office staff is always kind and helpful. Mr. Francis is a fun and energetic Principal. He knows the children and I often see him saying "Hi" to kids in the lunchroom, the hallway or even when he's helping kids in and out of cars on a freezing, cold day...I've even witnessed him shoveling snow. He was very helpful when I had concerns with one of my sons and I felt like he really listened to what I had to say. My children are very happy and thriving at this school.

Posted April 13, 2015
The teachers and staff are great about finding your childs individuality and embracing it and feeding it. They recognize the challenges but instead of seeing them as a problem, they think outside the box and engage the student in ways thats allows them to thrive. I am proud to be a Mountain View parent and would recommend this school to all.

Posted April 13, 2015
I am a teacher at Mountain View and also choose bring my own kids there because I am so impressed with and confident in the staff. As a parent, I love it because the staff truly care about kids. They treat each child as an individual with unique needs. As a teacher, I love Mountain View because everywhere you look there are inspiring things happening. Being in this amazing environment has elevated my own teaching.

Posted April 11, 2015
We are on our third year and our third child at Mountain View. This is a very well run school that is organized, caring, and provides a good all around education. My children love going to school in the morning and are challenged at the right level. This school is really lucky to have Drew Francis as a Principal. He is a caring and runs the school like a well run ship. The way he talks to kids, squatting down every time to be eye to eye with them is effective. He makes time to address issues and concerns personally. He is responsive and thorough. He really makes the school.

Posted August 29, 2014
Feeling very grateful we moved to DCSD and Mountain View Elementary! We recently moved to CO from AZ and we are SO pleased with MVE! The energy in this school is full of joy and happiness! The leadership is authentic and passionate and truly care about my child's future. I told Principal Francis I feel like I won the lottery by finding this gem! Our family is blessed and we couldn't be happier about our present and excited about our future! Thank you for working so hard MVE!

Posted August 27, 2014
I can't begin to give enough praise to this school. We attended a nearby school for kindergarten and were less than satisfied. I had an uneasy feeling every time he was dropped off. I stopped by Mountain View for a tour, in hopes of seeking out other options. Our family has been beyond impressed ever since. We open enrolled and signed our son up the same day. It's a difference of night and day from last year. The positivity exudes from the principal, all staff which the children pick up on. I dropped my son off several days into the school year, and the staff in parent drop off addressed him by name. It's the small touches, and strong efforts of communication which make such impressive relationships. The school is very organized, implement creative learning techniques. Our teacher is dedicated, innovative, has passion for teaching. Last year, we were made to feel that our child was a challenge, hard to deal with. It's amazing what encouragement, and a fostering environment can do. My son finally enjoys school, it isn't a daily battle sending him. Thank you Mountain View for giving us the positive change our family desperately needed!

Posted March 16, 2014
Mountain View Elementary is an amazing school. The teachers and principal are the best I've ever met. I would recommend this school for children of all abilities. I know that when my kids are at school they are really loved and cared for. I'm so happy to have my kids attend this fantastic, public neighborhood school.

Posted February 21, 2014
What a nice change to visit a school that has a friendly staff and an outstanding principal! My child has not started school at MVE yet but will be in the Fall. Drew Francis is a great person who genuinely cares about all of the students at his school. As I'm finding this is a real rarity in Parker. The day we toured the school the kids literally formed a line to hug Mr. Francis. That speaks volumes to me! MVE has a brand new computer lab, a castle themed library, which my child loved during the tour. It's nice to have such a fantastic neighborhood school. Thank you Mountain View.

Posted January 03, 2014
Mountain View is a wonderful school, with an amazing principal and wonderful, dedicated teachers. The school is warm and welcoming, the parents are involved and supportive. It truly is a school that I love sending my kids to everyday. They are encouraged, challenged, and given amazing tools to succeed. I honestly don't have enough positive adjectives to describe how pleased I am, and my only negative thing is that we only have 2 years left there before my youngest child will move on.

Mountain View Elementary School
8502 North Pinery Parkway, Parker, CO  80134
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top