School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Mountain View Elementary! You will see NR (no rating) for our school because this rating is partially based on test scores. Testing does not start in Colorado until 3rd Grade. Mountain View is a PK-2 primary, neighborhood school that strives to provide a nurturing environment focusing on what is good for young children academically, socially and emotionally. We encourage you to contact the Mountain View office to set up an opportunity to see and feel our amazing school. You may also visit our website at mvp.dcsdk12.org. Please select the Why Choose MVE? tab to explore a virtual tour, a video showcasing a typical day at Mountain View, a message from the Principal and much more! Sincerely, Drew Francis, Principal
April 14, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have a kindergartner and a preschooler at Mountain View and we LOVE the school. I tried both Montessori and a charter school before landing at this neighborhood school. I was sure that my kids would thrive in a different environment — but I was so wrong. We left both of our prior schools feeling dejected and disappointed. The preschool classrooms at Mountain View are amazing. My current preschooler loves his teacher and class and for my older child, preschool gave him the perfect preparation for Kindergarten and the Kindie room where he is this year is GREAT. His academics are so strong, I am really impressed with how much he is already doing in reading and math. The teachers at Mountain View are thoroughly invested in helping both of my kids succeed and love going school. But the story goes much beyond just the teachers. The entire staff is so caring and so well-prepared to help. My older son has had some challenges with behavior and his teachers, principal, specials teachers, and entire staff are all there to help. They take an active role in making sure he is doing well and they keep me involved and informed. We are so glad we found Mountain View!

This is my daughters first year at Mountain View and she absolutely loves it. The staff is wonderful and she has exceeded in her academics beyond my expectations for kindergarten. She has a great teacher who sincerely cares about her students and their needs. I would highly recommend this school. We live in Elizabeth and did some research on which school would be best for her and I'm so glad we went with Mountain View.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I say neutral as I have had no experience with this.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

It's not too much and is reasonable to do at home. I think there needs to be support at the home and I'm happy to reinforce what the teacher does and continue that.

My son was enrolled in their preschool program and now is in Kindergarten. The staff is friendly, even the support staff knows his name. His teachers, previous and present are friendly, patient and knowledgeable on his academic needs. His teachers have always communicated his current aptitude and what he can do to excel. He enjoys learning and has fun doing it. The school is always in communication with me, whether it involves the school, district or with my son. And that’s a good thing, I rather know more and dissect the info that is applicable to me. Overall, it’s been a wonderful experience.

We have had a great start at MVE. Our class is small, around 20 students. Every adult at school knows my child's name. Based on the work that's coming home I can tell that common core expectations are high and she is encouraged to meet or exceed them. I'm excited as this is a k-2, that my child will be a leader in the second grade. This is a true, primary school which is hard to find,

Our son transferred to Mountain View a month after the start of the year. We had a bad experience at a local private school and were nervous about the switch. His Kindergarten teacher helped him handle the transition really well. He has made some great strides in the class and we're so pleased we made the change. We highly recommend Mountain View Elem school and staff. Everyone we have encountered has been friendly, always greeting our son by name and with a smile. The staff is knowledgeable and constantly communicating with the parents, which is much appreciated. We are happy parents and look forward to our son continuing his education at Mountain View.

My two kids are enrolled at MVE. The teachers and staff are dedicated and highly organized. Mountain view has been a centerpiece of the Pinery for several decades and is established as a part of the community. That's why we love it, our children go to school with the neighborhood kids and some of the staff live just down the street. It feels like the kind of elementary school I went to when I was a kid.

I have a 1st grader at Mountain View and we are so happy here. The principal is the best! He knows all the kids by name, is super high energy and is a wonderful role model for our children. Our teacher is fantastic! We couldn't ask for a more warm, loving and welcoming environment for our daughter...and yes, she's learning a lot too :)

Both my kids currently attend Mt. View, and I couldn't ask for a better school. The principal truly does what is best for kids and supports his staff and the parents. All the teachers we have had are just fabulous. And more importantly my kids are both challenged and supported. They both wear hearing aids and the school has always supported their needs. I love this school.

Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2