School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Mountain View Elementary! You will see a NR (no rating) for our school because this rating is partially based on test scores. Testing does not start in Colorado until 3rd grade, and we are a PK-2 school. Mountain View is a primary, neighborhood school that strives to provide a nurturing environment focusing on what is good for young children academically, socially and emotionally. We encourage you to contact the Mountain View Office to set up an opportunity to see and feel our AMAZING school. You may also visit our website at mvp.dcsdk12.org, like us on Facebook @mountainviewelementaryparker, or call us at 303-387-8675. Sincerely, Millie Grotts, Principal
January 24, 2017

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son started having behavioral issues and their idea was to keep him away from kids. No breaks with kids .. No lunch with kids... They are making him hate himself and trying to hurt himself. If i was him i would hate school too! For him trying to hurt himself he got suspeded for a week? Like really? I'm starting to think this is a race thing. .... he hates school like what's the point of waking up going to school just to be by yourself? You guysbare degrading my son and I'm not gonna put u with it anymore.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Nope, especially when it's the AP son messing with my son.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

If they supported learning disabilities they wouldn't have suspend my 5 year old for trying to hurt himself. They wouldn't have denied his IEP and then try to play stupid like I never asked.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Principal does not know what she doing

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 24, 2017

I have a kindergartner and a preschooler at Mountain View and we LOVE the school. I tried both Montessori and a charter school before landing at this neighborhood school. I was sure that my kids would thrive in a different environment — but I was so wrong. We left both of our prior schools feeling dejected and disappointed. The preschool classrooms at Mountain View are amazing. My current preschooler loves his teacher and class and for my older child, preschool gave him the perfect preparation for Kindergarten and the Kindie room where he is this year is GREAT. His academics are so strong, I am really impressed with how much he is already doing in reading and math. The teachers at Mountain View are thoroughly invested in helping both of my kids succeed and love going school. But the story goes much beyond just the teachers. The entire staff is so caring and so well-prepared to help. My older son has had some challenges with behavior and his teachers, principal, specials teachers, and entire staff are all there to help. They take an active role in making sure he is doing well and they keep me involved and informed. We are so glad we found Mountain View!

This is my daughters first year at Mountain View and she absolutely loves it. The staff is wonderful and she has exceeded in her academics beyond my expectations for kindergarten. She has a great teacher who sincerely cares about her students and their needs. I would highly recommend this school. We live in Elizabeth and did some research on which school would be best for her and I'm so glad we went with Mountain View.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I say neutral as I have had no experience with this.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

It's not too much and is reasonable to do at home. I think there needs to be support at the home and I'm happy to reinforce what the teacher does and continue that.

My son was enrolled in their preschool program and now is in Kindergarten. The staff is friendly, even the support staff knows his name. His teachers, previous and present are friendly, patient and knowledgeable on his academic needs. His teachers have always communicated his current aptitude and what he can do to excel. He enjoys learning and has fun doing it. The school is always in communication with me, whether it involves the school, district or with my son. And that’s a good thing, I rather know more and dissect the info that is applicable to me. Overall, it’s been a wonderful experience.

Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2