Bad
Good

Posted October 23, 2015
Our grandaughter is doing so much better since she started third grade in penrose elementary. She feel's so much more positive about her self. We are so very proud of her.

Posted January 06, 2014
This school has great feeling of community! The teachers are so wonderful and truly care about the kids. The office staff is super friendly as well. This school welcomes parents to volunteer and my kids love their school!

Penrose Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2011
I have to say Mrs. "C" is by far the best teacher there! She taught all 3 of my daughters for 1st grade and they all, especially my youngest, came out 1 -2 grades reading levels ahead of thier current grade. Awesome job Mrs. "C"! However when the principal Ms. Brightwell was there in 2008 - 2009 school year, she was NOT accomodating my daughter for her dyslexia. Along with Ms. Brightwell was the superintendant Ms.Scriven. This school did not even have a qualified trained special education teacher to help my daughter in order to give her the Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) required by federal law. Now that she is in 7th grade in middle school, they moved Ms.Brightwell to the middle school and my daughter was bullied. They did nothing to resolve these issues after at least 4 times of being notified of this issue. We finally pulled my daughter out of this district and put her in Canon City School (A whole lot better district and school).

Posted September 23, 2010
All four of my children have attended PES. We LOVE the school, the staff and the community! Can't get better than this for elementary!

Penrose Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2010
Both my children attended this school brand new coming from another state. My daughters teacher was rude and refused to help her when she was going to be out for an entire week for surgery and basically made it sound like she was a liar. I was never informed of any PTA meetings and my children did not feel welcomed at all.

Posted December 21, 2005
Penrose Elementary is the best kept secret around. But I think this should change. This is why I am posting this rating. We have alot to 'RAVE' about here in our little community. First of all, we have an incredible academic program. Our teachers are committed to excellence regardless of who you are. They keep focused on the things that matter. The reading, writing and arithmatic is not learning of the past in Penrose. Secondly, our physical fitness program is committed to helping your child reach their potential. They learn by playing and participating. We have a music program which includes programs and plays once or twice a year. The kids love that. The teachers make time in the classroom for the arts and crafts which makes for hands on learning all through the year. We don't have to neglect what really counts to be great. It's all here in Penrose.

Penrose Elementary School
100 Illinois Street, Penrose, CO  81240
Last modified Penrose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.