Bad
Good

Our grandaughter is doing so much better since she started third grade in penrose elementary. She feel's so much more positive about her self. We are so very proud of her.

This school has great feeling of community! The teachers are so wonderful and truly care about the kids. The office staff is super friendly as well. This school welcomes parents to volunteer and my kids love their school!

I have to say Mrs. "C" is by far the best teacher there! She taught all 3 of my daughters for 1st grade and they all, especially my youngest, came out 1 -2 grades reading levels ahead of thier current grade. Awesome job Mrs. "C"! However when the principal Ms. Brightwell was there in 2008 - 2009 school year, she was NOT accomodating my daughter for her dyslexia. Along with Ms. Brightwell was the superintendant Ms.Scriven. This school did not even have a qualified trained special education teacher to help my daughter in order to give her the Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) required by federal law. Now that she is in 7th grade in middle school, they moved Ms.Brightwell to the middle school and my daughter was bullied. They did nothing to resolve these issues after at least 4 times of being notified of this issue. We finally pulled my daughter out of this district and put her in Canon City School (A whole lot better district and school).

All four of my children have attended PES. We LOVE the school, the staff and the community! Can't get better than this for elementary!

Both my children attended this school brand new coming from another state. My daughters teacher was rude and refused to help her when she was going to be out for an entire week for surgery and basically made it sound like she was a liar. I was never informed of any PTA meetings and my children did not feel welcomed at all.

Last modified Penrose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.