Posted July 23, 2013
Our 2 kids have attended Peyton for 4 years now and we all love it! Its such a nice little country school where you can easily get involved. Our kids are advanced in math(my son) and reading and writing(my daughter) and Peyton Elem quickly recognized this and has them in enrichment classes to further push them in these areas--impressive for a "little country school". Our kids have made quality friends at this school that I know they will have for life. The staff is quick to return calls and/or e-mails. The school recently got more secure last year, as well, a new buzzer system at the front door and all the main interior doors are kept locked so an intruder couldn't get to classrooms. I highly recommend this school to anyone considering moving to Peyton(or that live in Calhan!) We personally know of at least 4 families that drive their kids from Calhan district to this school after being very disappointed with the quality of education their kids were receiving.

Posted August 23, 2012
I love this school! The people who work in this school, from teachers to support staff, are caring and compassionate. They individualize instruction as much as possible and care about each and every child. The environment is calm and welcoming. Parents are valued and reasonable opinions are heard. I couldn't recommend this school more!!

Posted October 24, 2011
Great school system. Administration looks for the right placement of the child. Will move a child up or down for a class to help bring them up or beyond grade level. The school tries to be innovative on a small scale to prove whether a new teaching theory is practical, then they implement it on a larger scale. They are financially frugal. We are not dealing with the same huge budget issues seen in nearby school districts. This allows for a more stable teacher base.

Peyton Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2011
Extremely disappointed and concerned. School administration did not notify parent of concerns related to child but rather took extreme and unnecessary interventions that added unnecessary stressors to the child and single mother with a husband that's deployed out of country. Absolute fear of retaliation when complaints are voiced.

Posted January 06, 2010
Two of my children attend Peyton Elementary, and we couldn't be happier with it. The teachers are top-notch and go above and beyond. The small size (2 classes per grade level) is a positive: kids can bump up a grade level for reading &/or math if need be. Good music program and P.E. (& great strings program!); receptive, helpful admin. personnel; great community atmosphere; sports & clubs available; great gifted/talented teacher. We're military & have been to lots of schools--this is the best yet!

Posted September 16, 2009
I have found that Peyton Elementary has been a good foundation for all the country children. As a grand parent I found that they have always taken the time to teach and know that they have done a good old fashion job bringing the children up so that they can do well in higher grades.

Posted July 24, 2007

Peyton Elementary School
13550 Bradshaw Rd, Peyton, CO  80831
Last modified Peyton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peyton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top