Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

They inspired my son to take credit for work that he did not do. This is something as a parent that I cannot tolerate in any school no matter what society says is right.

The school curriculum for the 2015 to 2016 year was not challenging for my daughter who is now in 2nd grade. The kindergarten portion for the 2015 to 2016 year was not the same as the previous school year. The curriculum was more of a challenge for my son to truly grasp and understand. Also they enabled his weakness when he came to doing artwork are class work in general; he mentioned to me that he made a painting of a snail, but his teacher did all the work for them and he took credit. That's not the type of environment I want my child to understand. However, my daughter did have the same kindergarten teacher as my son had in the 2014 to 2015 school year and she helped her out tremendously. Also I do not believe that my son should be painting a woman's fingernails or doing anything that feminine and keeping it from parents with religious beliefs. Eventually will be moving from the district to a more traditional\Christian school in the near future for now we are on the waiting list for District 11, but our children will be home-schooled until further notice. Schools really do have the power to affect the economy and the workforce in this day and age.

The teachers at this school go far above and beyond for students. My two children love this school.

My daughter has been at WHES for a month now, and I have to say we both LOVE it. The teachers and staff communicate very well with us, and they are able to give my daughter more challenging material keeping her interested and motivated.

Possibly the front office staff at this school do not fully understand that parents are their true customers, based solely on a possible attitude that children need to be protected from their own parents (environment is like being in constant lockdown when you come during the school day). Other than that, the teachers are excellent, at least for the younger grades and "specials" (PE, drama, etc.) and call the children "Sir" and "Ma'am" to teach proper manners.

Horribly run, never met the principle, the dismissal is beyond unsafe and ridiculous. The teachers have no idea proper ways to discipline. The work is not challenging at all. We took our children out and are now home schooling. This school was the worst experience ever!

Verbatim from the D49 official Falcon Flyer received 8/30/2011: "Overcrowding has been a hot topic in District 49. Falcon continues to be one of the fastest growing districts in the state. We currently serve about 14,000 students. This is perhaps the first year that our overall student population has not increased, but that does not change the fact that overcrowding continues to plague our district. Eight schools in District 49 are currently over-capacity. They include Woodmen Hills Elementary, Falcon Middle School,Falcon High School, Evans International Elementary, Springs Ranch Elementary, Odyssey Elementary, Ridgeview Elementary, and Skyview Middle School. Of the remaining schools, not a single one of them is less than 75% full...Teachers struggle when thirty or more students outnumber them..."

I was very dissappointed with the process and time it took the school to care for my special needs child. It took the school a year to accommodate my child, by finally moving us to another school.

I was very disappointed in this school. My child had some special needs and got the impression that the school (staff and administrators)did not make any effort to accomodate this child (as well as others that were observed). The teacher and administration focused only on what was wrong with my child. Until we left, we did not know this child had any strengths. We never got the impression that the teacher even liked my child, though when asked, said, "I like the kid". My child showed a great deal of improvement once transfering out of this school. The impression we got was if children did not attain the academic excellence to boost their image, it was much easier to transfer them to another school.

Woodmen Hills is absolutely wonderful! I find the teachers to be exceptionally skilled and communicate well with parents. They meet the needs of advanced students while also helping those who are struggling. In addition, they focus on the whole child, helping kids learn social skills and make friends. I couldn't ask for a better neighborhood school.

Last modified Woodmen Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.